A New Blue Dog For America's Health!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:03:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  A New Blue Dog For America's Health!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Poll
Question: Thoughts so far?
It's great
It's good
It's okay
it's bad
it's awful
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: A New Blue Dog For America's Health!  (Read 9087 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2018, 09:36:25 PM »
« edited: January 24, 2018, 09:40:53 PM by New Tennessean Politician »

I think maybe some brief summaries of a Bredesen administration would be awesome.

Despite my libertarian tendencies, I'd vote Bredesen in a heartbeat!

Agreed. He's truthfully one of only a handful of Dems that I would vote for. In OTL, he was considered a strong candidate in 2008 as a Centrist and could've been as good if not better nominee than Obama and Hillary (Whom I both dislike with a passion) and while Bredesen disregarded the idea, I wanted to see what he could be able to do. After all, he gave TN a state surplus and some truthfully saw him as a New Bill Clinton Centrist. The only thing I'm sad about is destroying Douglas. He seemed like a genuinely good guy but someone needed to be destroyed in 2008.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2018, 08:06:12 AM »

Jim Douglas to give Concession Speech

"I want to thank each and every one of you for being here right now. I love you all as much as you love me.

A few Hours ago, I phoned President-Elect Bredesen to congratulate him on his victory. I hope that he will be a successful President for all Americans. This is not the outcome we wanted or we worked so hard for and I'm sorry that we did not win this election. But I feel pride and gratitude for this wonderful campaign that we built together, this vast, diverse, creative, unruly, energized campaign. You represent the best of America and being your candidate has been one of the greatest honors of my life.

Our campaign was never about one person or even one election, it was about the country we love and about building an America that's hopeful, inclusive and big-hearted. I have a feeling that many of you feel upset about the result but I hope that Governor Phil Bredesen will be the best President possible for our country. This Nation is somewhat divided, but as long as we can get by our differences, the America we know and Love shall and always will continue.

Now, let me add, our constitutional democracy demands our participation, not just every four years but all the time. So let's do all we can to keep advancing the causes and values we all hold dear; making our economy work for everyone not just those at the top, protecting our country and protecting our planet and breaking down all the barriers that hold any American back from achieving their dreams. We must accomplish all these goals, no matter who leads our country and no matter from which party our next president is. Because we have to put our differences aside and work together in order to get things done for the sake of America's prosperity and security. United we stand. Divided we fall.

So now, our responsibility as citizens is to keep doing our part to build that better, stronger, fairer America we seek. And I know you will. I am so grateful to stand with all of you. This loss hurts very much so, but please never stop believing that fighting for what's right is worth it. And so we need you to keep up these fights now and for the rest of your lives. And to all the women, and especially the young women, who put their faith in this campaign and in me, I want you to know that nothing has made me prouder than to be your champion.

Thank you all!"
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2018, 08:22:21 AM »

Phil Bredesen to give Victory Speech

"Thank you, Thank you all. Thank you very much."

Audience cheers as Bredesen gives his speech, some holding this Sign:  while others are waving American flags.

"A few hours ago, I received a phone call from Governor Jim Douglas to congratulate us, this was about us, on our victory. I thanked him for his service in Vermont and his Campaign, this was tough. I thought it would be very tight in October but it wasn't. Each and every one of you  I have all of you to thank for my historic victory, OUR historic victory. But the battle is not yet done. Republicans and Democrats, Left and Right, both need to come together as we are all one thing: We are Americans through and through.

I promise to be President for each and every one of you. Being a Centrist means one thing. I will work across party lines to get what needs to be done happen, rather it be Democrat or Republican laws that I pass. The presidency is an office not to be taken lightly and I hope to live up to each of your expectations for the next 4, or if possible, 8 years.

Thank you everyone, I hope you will come together to help make my vision for America happen!
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2018, 08:50:43 AM »

President Bush Reaction to Bredesen's victory

"Last night was a very historic night in America's history. I congratulate President-Elect Phil Bredesen on his victory last night. I promise to work toward a smooth transition of power to him.

It is no secret that the President-Elect and I have some pretty significant differences. We are now all rooting for his success in uniting and leading the country.
"
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2018, 08:56:48 AM »

International Reactions to Phil Bredesen's historic Victory

The world woke up to see Bredesen's historic Victory last night. The Nations of Canada, Germany, South Korea, Israel, Iraq, Japan, France, and the United Kingdom congratulated the President-Elect on his victory while the nations of China and Turkey congratulated him and hoped to work together with Bredesen for a better world.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2018, 08:58:48 AM »

November 12th:

Al Gore Nominated to be Secretary of State

Recently, President-Elect Phil Bredesen announced his nomination for Secretary os State. After a few days of consideration, it was decided to choose Al Gore of Tennessee for the position. The former 2000 Presidential Hopeful has plenty of experience both in foreign policy and domestic policy, having been Vice President from 1993-2001 and a Senator from 1985-1993, making him perfect for the Job.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2018, 09:54:59 AM »

November 17th:

Donald Trump nominated to be Secretary of Treasury

Today, President-Elect Phil Bredesen has announced that his nominee for the position of Secretary of Treasury. Bredesen stated "There is no man I respect more and no man I respect less than Mr. Donald Trump of New York. He has had a multitude of business successes as well as some failures, as there would be when you're a businessman. I should know. Before I was mayor of Nashville, I was the head of a company that I started on the kitchen table to the point I had 6000 employees before I sold it on the Stock Market. I have a feeling that with Mr. Trump as Treasury Secretary, the Economy will definitely turn around.". The New York Businessman has had his fair share of experience in Economics though some question if he is perfect for the job.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2018, 10:21:06 AM »

November 26th:

Wesley Clark named to be Secretary of Defense

This morning, at 8:37 AM Eastern time, Bredesen named General Wesley Clark as his secretary of Defense. The general who has had quite some experience in politics and the political field could prove useful as a Secretary of Defense.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2018, 10:24:00 AM »

November 30th:

Lawyer Stephen Susman has been named to be Attorney General

Recently, popular lawyer Stephen Susman has been named to be the Attorney General for President-Elect Phil Bredesen.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2018, 10:27:27 AM »
« Edited: January 25, 2018, 04:33:04 PM by New Tennessean Politician »

December 6th:

Ken Salazar to be named as Secretary of Interior

This afternoon, at 4:30 PM, Senator Ken Salazar of Colorado has been declared to be the Secretary of Interior for Bredesen's Cabinet.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2018, 10:31:20 AM »

December 10th:

Iowa Senator Tom Harkin to be named as Secretary of Agriculture

at 10 AM Eastern Time, President-Elect Bredesen announced Iowa Senator Tom Harkin to be his Secretary of Agriculture. Tom, who is from a very rural state, would know best how to deal with Agriculture.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2018, 10:33:11 AM »

December 12th:

Gary Locke to be named as Secretary of Commerce

Recently, Governor Gary Locke of Washington has been named to be Bredesen's Secretary of Commerce.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2018, 10:35:43 AM »

December 14th:

Tom Vilsack to be named as Secretary of Labor

Recently, Governor Vilsack of Iowa has been named to be Secretary of Labor for Phil Bredesen.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2018, 11:58:38 AM »

December 17th:

Michelle Obama to be named as Secretary of Health and Human Services

Today, President-Elect Bredesen has announced that the wife of his Primary rival Senator Barrack Obama of Illinois will be named the Secretary of Health and Human Services. Bredesen stated that he did it so he could close the gap between him and Obama as well as show that he doesn't care about the challenge and that they both wanted the same thing.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2018, 12:40:47 PM »

December 19th:

Michelle Rhee Named as Secretary of Education

In a very surprising move, President-Elect Phil Bredesen has announced that his Secretary of Education will be former teacher and Education reform advocate Michelle Rhee. The President-Elect followed with his statement, "It is time that Teacher and Students, not congressmen who have never taught a day in their lives, to be in control of their education. No more will children be forced to learn pointless things and be forced to compete for something a grade instead of getting it based on merit. It's for a change for Education in America and Mrs. Rhee can do just that." It's projected that the ex-teacher will be a great breath of fresh air for the Education department.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2018, 03:14:37 PM »

December 21st:

San Antonio city council member Julian Castro selected to be Secretary of U.S. Housing and Development

San Antonio City council member will be Bredesen's Secretary of U.S. Housing and Development
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2018, 03:17:37 PM »

December 23rd:

Anthony Foxx to be named as Bredesen's Secretary of Transportation
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2018, 03:19:03 PM »

December 24th:

Governor Joe Manchin of West Virginia to be Bredesen's Secretary of Energy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2018, 03:21:15 PM »

December 27th:

Bob McDonald to be Bredesen's Secretary of Foreign Affairs
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2018, 03:24:06 PM »

December 29th:

Jeh Johnson to be Bredesen's Secretary of Homeland Security
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2018, 03:25:12 PM »

Inauguration Speech and first 4 months of Bredesen Presidency to be posted Sunday.

Thoughts on Bredesn's Cabinet?
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2018, 03:34:53 PM »

I think I see a mistake: both Trump and Salazar have been nominated as Secy of Treasury.

Besides that, looks great!
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2018, 04:35:01 PM »

I think I see a mistake: both Trump and Salazar have been nominated as Secy of Treasury.

Besides that, looks great!

Thanks for catching that, Fixed
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2018, 08:05:01 PM »

So, what's the next 100 days look like?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2018, 08:06:49 PM »

Very interesting with a 59-41 Democratic Controlled Senate and a Phil Bredesen. It'll mostly be Bredesen planning to release his biggest plan as his first major actions before he gets into the rest of his job. During that period, I will post midterms for 2010s and who'll be running then.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies