Alliance Party Headquarters (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:34:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Alliance Party Headquarters (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alliance Party Headquarters  (Read 2730 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« on: January 08, 2018, 11:33:06 PM »

I don't necessarily agree 100% with the latest statement and not to dismiss the effort and accomplishments of many distinguished Federalists (many of whom I've had the pleasure of working with through the years and deeply respect on the personal level), but the present political situation is not exactly healthy for the long term.

The Federalist Party has finally acheved what seems like the dream of political dominance (which seemed almost impossible a few years ago and it's a pretty laudable accomplishment by itself), but at the cost of diluting its views to the point in "Federalism" is not so much a set of views but more of an excuse that justifies a giant electoral machine that is arguably driven more by personality and personal contacts rather than ideas or ideals. Said electoral machine wins elections with impressive efficiency... and yet things remain very similar to what they were before those landslides. That's an issue that shouldn't be underestimated.

Given the strong, passionate views one can find in many Federalists, it is rather bewildering to watch from the outside that the game is not becoming more interesting under what should be the fascinating dynamic of a new dominant party, but the opposite. Some people weren't thrilled with the warnings of a "Nyman consensus" echoed by many in the right, left or center, but even though we're supposedly into new, unchartered territory (a center-right, or supposed center-right which is a majority for the first time), the game seems to remain rather bland and dull as of lately.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 12:07:06 AM »

but the present political situation is not exactly healthy for the long term

I don't even disagree with that, but is it our fault? None of us made Adam, Nev, etc. get bored and leave. And yet I see people acting as if we're some evil force and we need to be #resisted or whatever. It's absurd.

And you know what? It's self-defeating. If you want to make the game active again, go propose a bazillion bills like Mr. R did in the South. Not talking directly to you, Lumine, but to everyone reading. You guys are mostly pretty smart, you can come up with better than copy-pasting the same nonsense about how Feds are somehow partisan and exclusionary and at the same time too big tent and don't stand for anything. (Or at least choose one of the two narratives and stick to it Tongue)

Fair point, a good degree of responsibility of the present situation belongs to the desintegration of powerful opposition capable of keeping a political balance of power (which is why I don't criticize Federalists for winning elections and doing so clearly, but rather on what happens afterwards). The refusal of people to let Labor and the Federalists die for years now has had a deeply negative effect on Atlasia, and the more recent consecuences of that are showcased in the slow agony of Labor to the point in which a congressional election rout that was unthinkable before suddenly becomes very real, and potentially long-term. Certainly the Labor Party has to take significant responsibility not only for its current lack of presence, but for putting the whole nation through months if not years of a dull political context which almost killed the game.

I don't subscribe to the whole "resistance" nonsense myself (at least I'd like to think I've been consistent in my personal criticism and the points I have to make rather than fall into the obvious political trap), and using Trump analogies in Atlasia of all places is just, well, dumb, so no disagreement there.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies