Alliance Party Headquarters (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:31:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Alliance Party Headquarters (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alliance Party Headquarters  (Read 2727 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« on: January 01, 2018, 12:54:30 AM »

Yes, highlighting the "all" part in alliance is clever and goes with the intended message--well done!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 10:38:58 PM »

Why is this happening? Because the independent vote is split.

We have STV/IRV, so "vote-splitting" actually, like, literally doesn't happen. Tongue

Also you guys (Alliance, this weird Progressive Union revival thing, etc.) keep acting like Federalists are doing a bad thing by winning so much. But it's the opposite--we're winning because we're actually the only ones keeping the game halfway active! It's not our fault everyone else is falling asleep at the wheel. If it wasn't for Federalists like People's House Speaker Yankee, President fhtagn, Vice President PiT, and Southern Speaker Reactionary, we'd have basically no game. I'm trying not to bash you guys because most of you I like personally (wxtransit is one of the better new additions to the game), and I am sorry if I'm coming across as grumpy, but it drives me crazy to see the facts completely turned on their head like this.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 11:24:26 PM »

It's not our fault everyone else is falling asleep at the wheel. If it wasn't for Federalists like People's House Speaker Yankee, President fhtagn, Vice President PiT, and Southern Speaker Reactionary, we'd have basically no game.
I really hope you don't mean this literally, because that would be extremely arrogant and not at all honest of you—not to mention very rude to people like Scott and Siren.

I'm exaggerating a little, of course Tongue

But the other parties aren't losing because of Federalist "dirty tricks" and it's so annoying to hear us talked about like we're the mafia for being the most active party.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 11:53:22 PM »

but the present political situation is not exactly healthy for the long term

I don't even disagree with that, but is it our fault? None of us made Adam, Nev, etc. get bored and leave. And yet I see people acting as if we're some evil force and we need to be #resisted or whatever. It's absurd.

And you know what? It's self-defeating. If you want to make the game active again, go propose a bazillion bills like Mr. R did in the South. Not talking directly to you, Lumine, but to everyone reading. You guys are mostly pretty smart, you can come up with better than copy-pasting the same nonsense about how Feds are somehow partisan and exclusionary and at the same time too big tent and don't stand for anything. (Or at least choose one of the two narratives and stick to it Tongue)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies