The Senate Game
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:47:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Senate Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: The Senate Game  (Read 6809 times)
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2018, 10:55:05 AM »

Is there a reason why I don't have an approval rating?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2018, 11:05:53 AM »

Is there a reason why I don't have an approval rating?
oh no sorry

Brian Wilson-49-31-20
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2018, 03:09:56 PM »

How about me Sad
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2018, 03:30:06 PM »

oh yeah

63-26-11
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2018, 03:34:34 PM »

So, who will our opponents be? also, for Approval rating, is the first one approval, second disapproval, and final not sure?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2018, 03:37:52 PM »

So, who will our opponents be? also, for Approval rating, is the first one approval, second disapproval, and final not sure?
yes. also, you have some time to gain a record as the next election is 2018. To make the game more quick, you can make moves in monthly increments. Also, PM me if you want to campaign for one of your friends up in 2018.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2018, 03:39:55 PM »

yes. also, you have some time to gain a record as the next election is 2018. To make the game more quick, you can make moves in monthly increments. Also, PM me if you want to campaign for one of your friends up in 2018.

Ok, so how exactly does this game go. Do we just have posts on what we do and stuff like that in order to raise our support? or is it up to you?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2018, 03:47:32 PM »

Ok, so how exactly does this game go. Do we just have posts on what we do and stuff like that in order to raise our support? or is it up to you?
I'll try to give y'all as much wiggle room as you want. However, it is your choice to do a summary or your campaign schedule for the month, though I recommend a mix. Also, speeches are a good thing to post as they give me a better idea of what tone you are striking. Pm me about endorsements and scenarios such as you campaigning for someone. Also, I am making a rule of you must one fundraiser in exchange for one ad. Also, I'll release articles about the senate races, as well as ratings by cook.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2018, 03:49:08 PM »

I'll try to give y'all as much wiggle room as you want. However, it is your choice to do a summary or your campaign schedule for the month, though I recommend a mix. Also, speeches are a good thing to post as they give me a better idea of what tone you are striking. Pm me about endorsements and scenarios such as you campaigning for someone. Also, I am making a rule of you must one fundraiser in exchange for one ad. Also, I'll release articles about the senate races, as well as ratings by cook.

Alright then. Would it be alright to use random stock images for Andrew Williams?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2018, 03:53:03 PM »

Alright then. Would it be alright to use random stock images for Andrew Williams?
sure, but they have to be the same person
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2018, 03:53:50 PM »

sure, but they have to be the same person

K.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2018, 03:58:01 PM »

Cook Political Report- New Mexico
Cook's Call- Lean R

If this were any other republican, this race would be Lean D. But John Smith has won tough elections before, including a relatively easy election in a race that democrats thought they would be competitive. His prioritizing of issues important to Mew Mexico has made him quite palatable to his home state. This race will likely be decided by how good the democratic candidate is, but right now we are giving the incumbent the upper hand.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2018, 04:07:50 PM »

Andrew Williams Campaign Speech on May 18th, 2017 in Knoxville, TN (Attendance: 127,356

"Hello Tennessee! It feels so good to be here after being in Congress for 5 years. I'm finally able to stretch my legs. Now, I hear that there are some who disapprove with my job. Instead of whining like an incessant child who doesn't get what he wants, I want to talk to you that Disapprove of me so I can learn how to improve in your eyes. Feedback is the best criticism for someone to get better is what I standby, after all. For those that support me, I want to say all the accomplishments I passed, I passed them all for you! I passed the bill that gave you tax cuts for you! I passed the bill that would lower the Corporate Tax Rate, thusly giving us more jobs, for you! I passed the bill that would allow any Tennessean to carry a weapon if they indeed had a permit for you!. Let's also not forget the bills I rejected for you. Oh, there have been plenty in the last few years. The Dems don't want America to be for America, they want it to be for the Illegals. Well, I say no and I put my foot down for that! I rejected the bill that would've killed jobs of all kinds. I rejected the bill that would've increased taxes on small businesses, strangling our economy. I rejected the illegal immigrant naturalization bill not because I'm racist but because they shouldn't even be here. You want to be here so badly come here legally. I rejected it for you as well! Because of you all, I won an overwhelming election against our former governor, Phil Bredesen. Ever since, I have worked day and night to make sure that good Conservative laws are passed in Congress. Now, re-election is coming up for me. I'm not even scared. I have you all to support me! Now, let's give my challengers one hell of a race! *screams with crowd before hopping off stage and walking into the crowd to shake the hand of everyone there.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2018, 04:10:55 PM »

Is a friend that you can campaign for someone who is being played in the game or a person the player who PMs you creates? (sorry for asking so many questions, I just have to 100% make sure of everything)
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2018, 04:56:26 PM »

Is a friend that you can campaign for someone who is being played in the game or a person the player who PMs you creates? (sorry for asking so many questions, I just have to 100% make sure of everything)
no, he actual must be a real poster
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2018, 05:09:24 PM »

no, he actual must be a real poster

Ah, alright then, thank you.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2018, 03:43:32 PM »

I'm so sorry, guys, this game just completely slipped my mind. What do I need to do to catch up?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2018, 03:52:59 PM »

What's my polling if it comes by?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2018, 04:33:07 PM »

I'm so sorry, guys, this game just completely slipped my mind. What do I need to do to catch up?
please do all of the following assignments, I'll let you catch up
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2018, 05:27:45 PM »

Approval Polls

George Crossman (I-PA)- 36-37-27

Poe L. Mast (D-WV)- 58-34-8

David MacKenzie (R-VT)- 58-33-9

Bagel (D-TX)-37-36-27

Andrew Williams (R-TN)- 60-24-16

Nick Stoner (D-OR)- 55-31-16

Jackson Hitchcock (D-TX)- 34-34-32

Joey Costa (D-WA)-56-32-12

Ted Bessell (D-CA)-59-32-9

Oh snap, how can I improve mine?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2018, 06:29:33 PM »

Approval Polls

George Crossman (I-PA)- 36-37-27

Poe L. Mast (D-WV)- 58-34-8

David MacKenzie (R-VT)- 58-33-9

Bagel (D-TX)-37-36-27

Andrew Williams (R-TN)- 60-24-16

Nick Stoner (D-OR)- 55-31-16

Jackson Hitchcock (D-TX)- 34-34-32

Joey Costa (D-WA)-56-32-12

Ted Bessell (D-CA)-59-32-9

Oh snap, how can I improve mine?
your's isn't terrible since it is texas. release some speeches
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2018, 02:57:12 AM »

I'm sorry, I really wanted to do this game, but I think y'all shouldn't have to keep pausing because I get inactive. Continue the game without me.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2018, 09:26:23 PM »

I'm sorry, I really wanted to do this game, but I think y'all shouldn't have to keep pausing because I get inactive. Continue the game without me.
no problem, really. I'll just move your election up
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2018, 12:41:08 AM »

Hello good people of Texas, I fully intend to support bipartisanship, and take a Cuellar like stance on the issues, so I hope y'all can approve and reelect me down the road. Not much to say no since congress has not moved, but I am always here for y'all!
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2018, 03:06:35 PM »

Senator Dave MacKenzie (R-VT)
Voting Record with Party: 75%

Issue Positions (from On the Issues)

Abortion
•Voted NO on restricting UN funding for population control policies. (Mar 2009)
•Voted YES on defining unborn child as eligible for SCHIP. (Mar 2008)
•Voted YES on prohibiting minors crossing state lines for abortion. (Mar 2008)
•Voted NO on barring HHS grants to organizations that perform abortions. (Oct 2007)
•Voted YES on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Apr 2007)
•Voted YES on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions. (Jul 2006)
•Voted YES on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education & contraceptives. (Mar 2005)
•Voted YES on criminal penalty for harming unborn fetus during other crime. (Mar 2004)
•Voted YES on banning partial birth abortions except for maternal life. (Mar 2003)
•Voted YES on banning partial-birth abortions. (Apr 2000)
•Voted YES on barring transporting minors to get an abortion. (Jun 1999)
•Rated 25% by NARAL, indicating a pro-life voting record. (Dec 2003)
•Expand embryonic stem cell research.
•Rated 75% by the NRLC, indicating a pro-life stance. (Dec 2006)
•Ensure access to and funding for contraception and adoption.
•Focus on preventing pregnancy, plus emergency contraception.

Budget & Economy
•Voted NO on $192B additional anti-recession stimulus spending. (Jul 2009)
•Voted YES on modifying bankruptcy rules to avoid mortgage foreclosures. (May 2009)
•Voted NO on additional $825 billion for economic recovery package. (Feb 2009)
•Voted YES on $60B stimulus package for jobs, infrastructure, & energy. (Sep 2008)
•Voted yes on paying down federal debt by rating programs' effectiveness. (Mar 2007)
•Voted yes on $40B in reduced federal overall spending. (Dec 2005)
•More enforcement of mortgage fraud and TARP fraud. (April 2009)

Civil Rights
•Voted YES on reauthorizing the Violence Against Women Act. (Feb 2013)
•Voted NO on recommending Constitutional ban on flag desecration. (Jun 2006)
•Voted NO on constitutional ban of same-sex marriage. (Jun 2006)
•Voted YES on adding sexual orientation to definition of hate crimes. (Jun 2002)
•Voted YES on loosening restrictions on cell phone wiretapping. (Oct 2001)
•Voted NO on banning gay adoptions in DC. (Jul 1999)
•Voted YES on ending preferential treatment by race in college admissions. (May 1998)
•Shift from group preferences to economic empowerment of all. (Aug 2000)
•Rated 60% by the ACLU, indicating a mixed civil rights voting record. (Dec 2002)
•Sponsored bill for a Rosa Parks commemorative postage stamp. (Dec 2005)
•Rated 69% by the HRC, indicating a pro-gay-rights stance. (Dec 2006)
•Rated 20% by the NAACP, indicating a anti-affirmative-action stance. (Dec 2006)
•Recognize Juneteenth as historical end of slavery. (Jun 2008)
•ENDA: prohibit employment discrimination for gays.
•Constitutional Amendment for women's equal rights.
•Enforce against wage discrimination based on gender.
•Enforce against anti-gay discrimination in public schools.
•Re-introduce the Equal Rights Amendment.
•Honor the 100th anniversary of the NAACP. (Jan 2009)
•Leave legal recognition same-sex marriage to the states. (Jun 2006)

Corporations
•Voted YES on repealing tax subsidy for companies which move US jobs offshore. (Mar 2005)
•Voted YES on reforming bankruptcy to include means-testing & restrictions. (Mar 2005)
•Voted YES on restricting rules on personal bankruptcy. (Jul 2001)
•Rated 79% by the US COC, indicating a pro-business voting record. (Dec 2003)
•Rated 56% by UFCW, indicating a moderate labor record. (May 2012)

Crime
•Voted YES on reinstating $1.15 billion funding for the COPS Program. (Mar 2007)
•Voted YES on funding for alternative sentencing instead of more prisons. (Jun 2000)
•Voted YES on more prosecution and sentencing for juvenile crime. (Jun 1999)
•More funding and stricter sentencing for hate crimes. (Apr 2001)
•Increase funding for "COPS ON THE BEAT" program. (Jan 2007)
•Rated 73% by the NAPO, indicating a moderate stance on police issues. (Dec 2014)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies