PPP poll: Franken still popular, voters say he shouldn't have resigned
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:10:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PPP poll: Franken still popular, voters say he shouldn't have resigned
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: PPP poll: Franken still popular, voters say he shouldn't have resigned  (Read 6106 times)
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2017, 07:50:23 PM »

America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2017, 07:52:06 PM »

Thank God he doesn't base his decisions on how well something polls.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2017, 12:18:54 AM »

Franken's decision is his own, but when I vote for someone, I view it as voting for them to serve a full term regardless of anything they may do in Office or may have done beforehand. Their past actions (as known at the time), and the risk of them "acting up" was already factored into my vote or endorsement at the time I voted or endorsed. For that reason, if I was in Office, I would not resign unless I was formally convicted of a crime and sentenced to prison time.

And this is exactly how the system is designed to function. A huge part of the problem with American politics these days is that everybody feels entitled to force every representative to do exactly what they want. We don't elect people to bend to our every whim: we elect people to represent us, and pick from the candidates the person we believe is best suited to do so. Elections have consequences.

Franken as a Senator is accountable to the people of Minnesota and them alone: not the country, not Democrats at-large and certainly not angsty upper-class Atlas posters who want to put their high morals on display for everybody. If they as a whole are fine with him representing them, then literally nothing else matters (but if they had soured on him mid-term, even they would have no right to demand his removal before the end of his term).

I am shocked that a poster like you is what I typed before I quickly realized that you're just trolling. meh

This is a situation where the crowd doesn't matter. Not everything needs to be decided by popular vote. Besides, this is just a poll.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2017, 01:18:43 AM »

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2017, 01:58:18 PM »

He would be a Democrat of course. Just as he was at the time. We have recent precedent for this as well. The losing party of the 2016 election attempted to steal the election via Hamilton elector machinations simply because they were unhappy that their candidate lost.

Republicans cannot do that because they lack the backing from the political media. Therefore, beating up election winners and attempted thievery of the elections can only be the trademark of one of the two parties.

What, you disapprove? Atlas's own gerrymandering cheerleader? If this was the other way around, you'd be the first guy pushing such a thing. You are part of the faction of the Republican Party that desires winning at any costs. Whatever it takes, and if you have to rig some maps, throw up a dozen different obstacles to voter registration, or collude with a foreign power, so be it. Roll Eyes

Of course not. We have recent precedent for this as well. When Mitt Romney lost the 2012 election, he lost with some shred of class and dignity. Unlike the next loser of the 2016 election.
Yet The Pedophile Wonder (R-Alabama) is refusing to concede to Senator-Elect Doug Jones and has alleged mass voting fraud and called for a new election. You are a hypocrite and an idiot.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2017, 03:14:21 PM »

Still on the immediate resignation train. He makes the seat contestable and frankly their are better people than him to have the seat and hold it. Just leave Franken, we got this under control.
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2018, 03:43:05 AM »

It’s such a crying shame that he resigned, I’m still holding out hope he can announce he’s staying, so he can give a well deserved F**k you to the Republican Party and all the useful idiots in the #metoo movement.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #82 on: January 01, 2018, 03:52:11 AM »

It’s such a crying shame that he resigned, I’m still holding out hope he can announce he’s staying, so he can give a well deserved F**k you to the Republican Party and all the useful idiots in the #metoo movement.

Little Lear isn't going to make its way to any Woman's teehee areas with this behavior.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies