THE LAST JEDI thoughts/reactions/reviews/mind-explosions (spoilers!!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:59:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  THE LAST JEDI thoughts/reactions/reviews/mind-explosions (spoilers!!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Poll
Question: How would you rate it?
5 stars (perfect in every way)

4 stars

3 stars (neutral)

2 stars

1 star (irredeemable garbage with not one good thing)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 70

Author Topic: THE LAST JEDI thoughts/reactions/reviews/mind-explosions (spoilers!!)  (Read 6350 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2018, 09:44:20 PM »

"Gravity bombs"??

1. Thermal Detonators are magnetic, see TFA
2. They were falling inside the ship, and once released to zero-gravity, would continue their fall.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2018, 10:03:10 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unguided_bomb

Ok, fair enough.

However I can still go on about different aspects of that scene. Why did they need bomber ships to fly over it? You're telling me with all that technology, they can't attach mini thrusters to these bomblets to propel them towards a ship that they normally would not be able to get close to? Seriously - even here on Earth we have missiles, knowing full well that many high value targets cannot be approached like that. But it's even easier to implement this in space, given the lack of an atmosphere. They have used them before in SW, just not in certain instances where it makes the most sense.

The idea of bomber ships in the Star Wars galaxy is a humanized concept. I'm sure there would be instances where it is appropriate, but absolutely not that scene. Resistance ships should have had a veritable smorgasbord of small, guided missiles that could be launched from nearby.

I'm definitely not the only one to write about Star Wars' excessive use of 'humanized' tech, either.

I'm not entirely sure what this was referencing.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2018, 11:34:37 AM »

#UnpopularOpinion

I just watched the film a couple of days ago, and honesty I think it's a contender for being my favorite Star Wars film.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #103 on: January 22, 2018, 03:50:47 AM »

I always thought that the first two prequels were clearly inferior to the originals (although not without their redeeming qualities), but that ROTS was on par with them if not better. I stand by that judgment.

Yeah, I'm in total agreement with you. That's the point I was trying to make. My own personal favourite is either ROTS or ESB, depending on how I'm feeling at the time. But for me personally, I have to say that ROTS has the most emotional impact on me. It was the prequels (particularly the upcoming release of Episode I for 11-year-old me in May 1999) that actually got me interested in Star Wars in the first place.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies