ALEA IACTA EST: A Roman Republic Game (Gameplay Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:26:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  ALEA IACTA EST: A Roman Republic Game (Gameplay Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ALEA IACTA EST: A Roman Republic Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 2947 times)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« on: December 12, 2017, 08:03:28 PM »

Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus
53 BC

A Speech to the People of Rome

I, G. Pompeius Magnus, declare my support for M. Aemilius Scaurus and T. Annius Milo for the consulships. I call on all my clients, friends, family, and supports to cast their votes for these candidates. M. Aemilius Scaurus and T. Annius Milo will serve Rome with honor and dignity. They are both men of strength and resolve who will restore law and order to our great city and the entire Republic. They will end the gang culture that has allowed fear to grip our city and disrupt our lives.

I also call upon the Senate to appoint me as dictator for the year. Our city is under attack from within. Italy is under attack from without. We need a strong man to step in and right the wrongs that ail us. We need a single individual with absolute command to step in and secure our city and our Republic, or our days will be limited. With my successes in military commands during Sulla's Civil War, in combat versus pirates, and with the Third Mithridatic War, my abilities are known and my prowess is not questioned. If appointed dictator, I promise to the people of Rome that the city will be safer when I leave office than when I assumed it.

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 04:21:31 PM »

Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus
52 BC

A Speech to the People of Rome

I, G. Pompeius Magnus, have served my year as dictator of Rome. I declare to you that the city and the Republic are safer today than they were when I took office! Italy is safer, with our allies in the North sured up and our allies in the South secure from the scurge of piracy. Gang warfare no longer disrupts our lives and a man can walk across the city without fear of molestation. The mastermind behind those gangs - Clodius - has been forced to flee the city and our great Consul, Titus Annius Milo, has already taken steps to ensure that Clodius is held to account for his crimes against Rome.

I must admit to the people of Rome, in the most public and true manner possible, I have made a mistake. In an effort to secure a bride for my eldest son, I accepted an offer for marriage from the King of Egypt. I now know that that was a mistake and a misgiving to the people of Rome. It turns out that the Egyptian was using me and my son to build his own political network within Rome while he was, at the same time, making moves to align himself with Clodius! No father would desire for his eldest son married to a family who support the man responsible for so much pain and suffering in Rome? I have broken off the engagement between my son and the Egyptian and I truly ask the Roman people for forgiveness in that error.

I further hereby declare my support to P. Servilius Vatia Isauricus and M. Claudius Marcellus for the offices of Consul for the coming year. Both men have long histories of service to Rome and will continue the efforts I began as dictator, and which Titus Annius Milo has continued as Consul, to make our city safe once again. It is important that P. Servilius Vatia Isauricus, a Caesarian, and M. Claudius Marcellus, one of my own, stand together as Consuls, to reaffirm the support of the Republic for the relationship between Gaius Julius Caesar, Marcus Licinius Crassus, and myself. Without that relationship intact, I cannot assure to the Roman people the continued domestic peace and balance that we have strived to craft over the last several years.

Romans, the greatest days of Rome lie ahead!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies