Voter intelligence (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:02:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Voter intelligence (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Voter intelligence  (Read 20682 times)
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« on: May 02, 2004, 02:59:16 PM »

It's really not possible to correlate AVERAGE IQ with the person who carried a state.

First of all, many of those with the lowest IQ's don't vote.  And of those who do vote, the distribution of votes among different IQ groups is not necessarily even.

Take Mississippi as an extreme example.  I find it hard to believe that the average IQ there is actually 85, but I'll accept it for the sake of argument, even though it basically means that half the population there is retarded.

Mississippi has a low voter participation rate, and the likelihood is that non-voters are found disproportionately in the lower IQ group.  Mississippi is also racially polarized, with a high percentage of the population black, voting Democratic, and the overwhelming majority of whites voting Republican.  Since we don't know the IQ distribution on a racial basis, it's hard to make a firm conclusion, but it is possible that the more intelligent voters in the state trend Republican.

New York is another example.  There are many low IQ people in New York (believe me, I know this) as well as many intelligent people in New York.  Given that even in New York, a large minority of voters went for Bush, and given that many in the heavily Democratic city of New York could be classified as low IQ, there is no way to really know the vote distribution by IQ.

I therefore don't think that the obvious inference being made by this information is necessarily valid.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies