Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:32:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 72
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Roy Moore (R)

Doug Jones (D)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 189

Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread  (Read 126677 times)
Kamala
Madagascar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: December 09, 2017, 09:51:26 PM »

Another article (from NBC) about concerns over Black voter turnout: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/amp/jones-needs-black-voters-beat-moore-alabama-try-telling-them-n827846

White journalists flying in to interrogate them over the election probably isn't helping, tbh

I swear they wrote tons of these during the VA GOV race

"Hurr Durr Northam isn't turning out minorities"

It's a recurring theme and I hate it. It puts undue pressure on non-white voters, imo, and if the result is unfavorable (like the 2016 presidential), then there are articles asking WHY non-white voters didn't turn out enough.

^^ this is a really good post
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #126 on: December 09, 2017, 09:58:40 PM »

How is trash talking voters who support an alleged pedophile elitist and derogatory?

HE IS NOT A PEDOPHILE!!!

I bet some Jones supporters are using this language in Alabama.  I bet it is boomeranging. That may be why the polls are going the way they are.

I said alleged pedophile, which he is. He has been alleged to be a pedophile. No one can prove he is or isn't right now, that's what alleged means. Even voting for an alleged pedophile is awful and should be treated as such, in my opinion.

He still cannot be an alleged pedophile. By definition they deal with children through 13.

If they use the language, I bet it backfires a lot in Alabama.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #127 on: December 09, 2017, 10:09:00 PM »

Let's just all agree on the term "kiddy diddler" ok? Also Ted Kennedy.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #128 on: December 09, 2017, 10:19:44 PM »

A challenge for y'all tonight:

Convince me that moore will not be akin'd on election night. Convince me that this will not be a missouri 2012 redux.

Because the polls then had it a tossup, and she outperformed by like 14 points.

Why is this different?

Because Missouri is a much more flexible state, even on the federal level(comparatively to Alabama).
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #129 on: December 09, 2017, 10:24:20 PM »

How is trash talking voters who support an alleged pedophile elitist and derogatory?

HE IS NOT A PEDOPHILE!!!

I bet some Jones supporters are using this language in Alabama.  I bet it is boomeranging. That may be why the polls are going the way they are.

I said alleged pedophile, which he is. He has been alleged to be a pedophile. No one can prove he is or isn't right now, that's what alleged means. Even voting for an alleged pedophile is awful and should be treated as such, in my opinion.

"Pedophile" seems to trigger Arkansas Yankee in a way that reminds me of something. Remember how racists hate being called racists the most?

He is probably the abuser in his little story with some other unlucky kid being the unfortunate victim... Probably some sick and twisted form of psychological projection.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #130 on: December 09, 2017, 10:31:58 PM »
« Edited: December 10, 2017, 12:02:50 AM by Virginia »

HE IS NOT A PEDOPHILE!!!

He diddles kids. That makes him a pedophile.

Maybe not “technically” because every pedophile who’s into 8th graders instead of 4th graders calls themselves an “ephebophile”. But an ephebophile is just a pedophile with a thesaurus.

IF YOU ARE SEXUALLY ATTRACTED TO PEOPLE UNDER THE AGE OF 18, AND YOU YOURSELF ARE NOT ALSO UNDER THE AGE OF 18 OR ONLY RECENTLY ABOVE IT, YOU ARE A PEDOPHILE.

THIS IS ESPECIALLY TRUE IF YOU ARE A 30 YEAR OLD DISTRICT ATTORNEY.
Former Kentuckian
Cal

« Reply #131 on: December 09, 2017, 10:41:47 PM »

HE IS NOT A PEDOPHILE!!!

He still cannot be an alleged pedophile. By definition they deal with children through 13.

I'm genuinely uncomfortable, and a little upset, by the way you're behaving in this thread and the previous one about this election. Roy Moore is accused of robbing children of their innocence, childhood, and so much more. It doesn't matter if they were 13 or 14 (as Leigh Corfman says she was in her allegation). They were underage and he was allegedly  in a position of power and influence. That's what matters. I don't argue on the internet, but I will say that I hope you treat this and similar issues with more respect and maturity in real life than you do here instead of defending people who are accused of this, and defending people who would vote for someone accused of this
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #132 on: December 09, 2017, 10:56:10 PM »

Convince me that moore will not be akin'd on election night. Convince me that this will not be a missouri 2012 redux.

Why is this different?

I've had Missouri 2012 at the back of my mind for a while too.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #133 on: December 09, 2017, 11:13:13 PM »

Why is this different?

Missouri 2012 is my hope too, but Missouri also had a long history of sending Democrats into statewide office up until that point. Alabama does not.

Also, McCaskill was an incumbent, and the political landscape was less divided. Also Missouri voters have shown a lot of willingness even now to split Senate votes with presidential preferences (see Kander). Alabama, not so much.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #134 on: December 09, 2017, 11:16:05 PM »

Ok with me.  But a huge number of people do not know what it means.  They might not google it.

Why don’t you just say what you claim he did.  You should also say he did it 40 years ago.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #135 on: December 09, 2017, 11:24:21 PM »

Why is this different?

Missouri 2012 is my hope too, but Missouri also had a long history of sending Democrats into statewide office up until that point. Alabama does not.

Also, McCaskill was an incumbent, and the political landscape was less divided. Also Missouri voters have shown a lot of willingness even now to split Senate votes with presidential preferences (see Kander). Alabama, not so much.

Furthermore, all of the polls had McCaskill ahead in the final weeks.
Former Kentuckian
Cal

« Reply #136 on: December 09, 2017, 11:28:35 PM »

Ok with me.  But a huge number of people do not know what it means.  They might not google it.

Why don’t you just say what you claim he did.  You should also say he did it 40 years ago.

If someone killed someone 40 years ago, they're still a murderer.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #137 on: December 09, 2017, 11:38:35 PM »

If someone killed someone 40 years ago, they're still a murderer.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #138 on: December 09, 2017, 11:40:48 PM »

Moore is unrepentant for his sins. While he can't legally be punished it reflects on his character. What kind of person molests children, even 40 years ago?! That kind of person should NOT be in the US Senate.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #139 on: December 10, 2017, 12:00:18 AM »

Why is this different?
Because Alabama is much less elastic than Missouri. Also Akin may have underperformed but the polls still showed him losing. Most recent polls have Moore up. It is a very different kind of race all together. The only similarity in my mind is that the GOO candidate said dumb stuff, but what Akin said is no where near Moore's history.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #140 on: December 10, 2017, 12:03:13 AM »

HE IS NOT A PEDOPHILE!!!

I'm genuinely uncomfortable, and a little upset, by the way you're behaving in this thread and the previous one about this election. Roy Moore is accused of robbing children of their innocence, childhood, and so much more. It doesn't matter if they were 13 or 14 (as Leigh Corfman says she was in her allegation). They were underage and he was allegedly  in a position of power and influence. That's what matters. I don't argue on the internet, but I will say that I hope you treat this and similar issues with more respect and maturity in real life than you do here instead of defending people who are accused of this, and defending people who would vote for someone accused of this

I refer to Powerline blog for much better statement of my concerns with the only two victims who statements actually allege abuse:

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/12/beverly-nelsons-credibility-takes-another-hit.php

We now know that Nelson has lied about the notations in the yearbook.  What else is she lying about. Saying that, she may be telling the truth.  But she may not be.

Corfman alleged that her emotional problems began with Moore’s molestation.  However court records indicate she was in court for those emotional problems, when she met Moore.  The court records indicate her emotional state  got better after the alleged molestation.  I like the writer of the article do not know whether to believe her.

I also know that 38 years have passed without further allegations.  I do not believe that mercy is not available for him.  I would choose to send him to the Senate, as he would support more of the policies I support than Jones.  I would let the Senate ethics Committee deal with whether he should remain in the Senate and the validity of the claims.  

Please get off your self righteous horse.  Quit denigrating the morality of people who do not agree with you.

By the way I do not think the mere allegations against Franken are of a nature to drive him out of the Senate without a hearing.  I am not interested in engaging in a witch hunt for political heads.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #141 on: December 10, 2017, 12:07:13 AM »

HE IS NOT A PEDOPHILE!!!

I'm genuinely uncomfortable, and a little upset, by the way you're behaving in this thread and the previous one about this election. Roy Moore is accused of robbing children of their innocence, childhood, and so much more. It doesn't matter if they were 13 or 14 (as Leigh Corfman says she was in her allegation). They were underage and he was allegedly  in a position of power and influence. That's what matters. I don't argue on the internet, but I will say that I hope you treat this and similar issues with more respect and maturity in real life than you do here instead of defending people who are accused of this, and defending people who would vote for someone accused of this

I refer to Powerline blog for much better statement of my concerns with the only two victims who statements actually allege abuse:

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/12/beverly-nelsons-credibility-takes-another-hit.php

We now know that Nelson has lied about the notations in the yearbook.  What else is she lying about. Saying that, she may be telling the truth.  But she may not be.

Corfman alleged that her emotional problems began with Moore’s molestation.  However court records indicate she was in court for those emotional problems, when she met Moore.  The court records indicate her emotional state  got better after the alleged molestation.  I like the writer of the article do not know whether to believe her.

I also know that 38 years have passed without further allegations.  I do not believe that mercy is not available for him.  I would choose to send him to the Senate, as he would support more of the policies I support than Jones.  I would let the Senate ethics Committee deal with whether he should remain in the Senate and the validity of the claims.  

Please get off your self righteous horse.  Quit denigrating the morality of people who do not agree with you.

By the way I do not think the mere allegations against Franken are of a nature to drive him out of the Senate without a hearing.  I am not interested in engaging in a witch hunt for political heads.

Dude....Roy Moore bangs preteens
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #142 on: December 10, 2017, 12:08:02 AM »
« Edited: December 10, 2017, 12:12:35 AM by DTC »

I feel bad for voting for Johnny Isakson for senate now. The GOP and its base has the worst values.

Being a predator is now accepted for some reason. I just don't get it. Roy Moore is a despicable person who has said and done so much terrible garbage. Yet people still support him.
Former Kentuckian
Cal

« Reply #143 on: December 10, 2017, 12:16:12 AM »

HE IS NOT A PEDOPHILE!!!

I'll stay on my self-righteous horse because I can honestly say I would cross party lines to avoid voting for an alleged pedophile. And while I'm still on my self-righteous horse, I'll say that I sincerely feel sorry for you.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #144 on: December 10, 2017, 12:23:00 AM »

HE IS NOT A PEDOPHILE!!!

"Pedophile" seems to trigger Arkansas Yankee in a way that reminds me of something. Remember how racists hate being called racists the most?
Hmmmmm...
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #145 on: December 10, 2017, 12:24:20 AM »

HE IS NOT A PEDOPHILE!!!

I'll stay on my self-righteous horse because I can honestly say I would cross party lines to avoid voting for an alleged pedophile. And while I'm still on my self-righteous horse, I'll say that I sincerely feel sorry for you.

X100
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #146 on: December 10, 2017, 12:30:50 AM »

HE IS NOT A PEDOPHILE!!!

X100
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #147 on: December 10, 2017, 12:36:20 AM »

Unless I have someone on ignore, I did not see one mention that Roy Moore announced that he's gonna sue the pants off these liars!!!!! If that doesn't confirm how absurd this is, nothing will!

I am officially announcing this afternoon I filed lawsuits against each of my false accusers for libel and or slander. And I will not settle, see you in court. #RoyMoore #Alabama #Senate #Election #RoyMooreSenate #MAGA #FakeNews
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #148 on: December 10, 2017, 12:37:37 AM »

I'd have a lot to say about normalizing middle aged people being attracted to children by using the "But pedophiles are only for under 13" thing. But I think Philip DeFranco has already said all I want to say on this.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #149 on: December 10, 2017, 12:39:09 AM »

Unless I have someone on ignore, I did not see one mention that Roy Moore announced that he's gonna sue the pants off these liars!!!!! If that doesn't confirm how absurd this is, nothing will!

I am officially announcing this afternoon I filed lawsuits against each of my false accusers for libel and or slander. And I will not settle, see you in court. #RoyMoore #Alabama #Senate #Election #RoyMooreSenate #MAGA #FakeNews

Is he filing in state court? If so, he'd probably win no matter what since they worship the (R) over there.

Also, he literally has no proof of libel, and has lied numerous times to try to discredit his accusers.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 72  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies