Post Random US Election County Maps Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 07:03:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Post Random US Election County Maps Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28
Author Topic: Post Random US Election County Maps Here  (Read 64890 times)
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: September 04, 2018, 02:04:02 PM »

A county map for a Northern Republicans / Southern Democrats scenario (originally posted to AH.com, which is why the colors are flipped). What candidates do you think would produce this result?
All I see is a giant red X...

Should be fixed now.
What does the electoral college map look like?

I was thinking this:
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #626 on: September 04, 2018, 03:03:18 PM »

A county map for a Northern Republicans / Southern Democrats scenario (originally posted to AH.com, which is why the colors are flipped). What candidates do you think would produce this result?
All I see is a giant red X...

Should be fixed now.
What does the electoral college map look like?

I was thinking this:

Are the non-blue/red states swing states?
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

« Reply #627 on: September 04, 2018, 04:49:10 PM »
« Edited: September 04, 2018, 10:52:51 PM by DPKdebator »

Are the non-blue/red states swing states?

Here's the key:
Dark = solid
Medium = likely
Light = lean
Cream = tossup
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #628 on: September 05, 2018, 04:32:29 PM »

Here's a map of the alternate 2012 presidential election in my New Rutherford Scenario, as fleshed out on the Random Maps thread:

It can also be viewed here: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/novelas/images/1/10/United_States_presidential_election_results_by_county%2C_2012_%28plain%29.png/revision/latest?cb=20180819063413.

Rutherford wins ~1,665 counties here, as compared to Romney's 1,479.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #629 on: September 05, 2018, 05:07:13 PM »

Here's a map of the alternate 2012 presidential election in my New Rutherford Scenario, as fleshed out on the Random Maps thread:

It can also be viewed here: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/novelas/images/1/10/United_States_presidential_election_results_by_county%2C_2012_%28plain%29.png/revision/latest?cb=20180819063413.

Booooooooooooooooo how does Rutherfraud lose Washington County
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #630 on: September 05, 2018, 06:33:09 PM »

Rutherfraud? Which Washington County do you refer to?
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #631 on: September 05, 2018, 07:15:53 PM »

Oregon of course.

No offense meant, just highly curious.

'Rutherfraud' is a (admittedly illogical) ref. to Rutherford B. Hayes.
Thunder98
United States

P P P
« Reply #632 on: September 05, 2018, 07:22:17 PM »

Probably the strangest election map ever

Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #633 on: September 05, 2018, 07:27:45 PM »

Probably the strangest election map ever

Several of those are definitely wrong.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #634 on: September 05, 2018, 07:51:35 PM »

Oregon of course.

I see. I devised this scenario in an alternate timeline, in which the Democratic Party retains more of the non-college educated white vote and more of the rural vote, while the Republicans remain the party of suburbs and white-collar professionals. This map depicts a 8% Democratic victory within that scenario. It is one in which Ronald Reagan never becomes President, Jimmy Carter lost the election of 1976, and the Republican Revolution did not occur to the same extent that it did in our timeline. Hence, why Romney wins not just Washington County, OR, but also the collar counties around Chicago, among others. And why Rutherford does so well in much of the rural Midwest and in Appalachia.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #635 on: September 05, 2018, 08:22:29 PM »

Oregon of course.

I see. I devised this scenario in an alternate timeline, in which the Democratic Party retains more of the non-college educated white vote and more of the rural vote, while the Republicans remain the party of suburbs and white-collar professionals. This map depicts a 8% Democratic victory within that scenario. It is one in which Ronald Reagan never becomes President, Jimmy Carter lost the election of 1976, and the Republican Revolution did not occur to the same extent that it did in our timeline. Hence, why Romney wins not just Washington County, OR, but also the collar counties around Chicago, among others. And why Rutherford does so well in much of the rural Midwest and in Appalachia.
K got it. Can I see the link to the TL?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #636 on: September 05, 2018, 08:45:38 PM »

Oregon of course.

The timeline is not fully fleshed out (and probably won't be), but I have created an extensive series of pages on the alternate 2016 election within this scenario. The main page can be found here: https://fiction.wikia.com/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2016_(Alternate_Version). I will be posting the map from that scenario here momentarily.
Jalawest2

« Reply #637 on: September 05, 2018, 09:02:21 PM »

Oregon of course.

The timeline is not fully fleshed out (and probably won't be), but I have created an extensive series of pages on the alternate 2016 election within this scenario. The main page can be found here: https://fiction.wikia.com/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2016_(Alternate_Version). I will be posting the map from that scenario here momentarily.
Ooh, that just reminded me of the third reason why I dislike you. Your article for 2016 was a literal copy of the wikipedia article for the 1964 where you changed a few terms. It was unbelievably blatant and lazy. Look at this

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

It's literally word for word identical in the vast majority of it. His part in writing it was a few minor changes to make it fit better. https://smallseotools.com/plagiarism-checker/. When I ran it through this plagiarism checker, it showed 47% of that passage was literally just the wikipedia article copied word for word. He also plagiarized the rest of the article. While I understand that this forum can't exactly enforce regulations against that, it's obnoxious as  to plagiarize an entire wikipedia article, make minor wording changes, and pretend it's your own work.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #638 on: September 05, 2018, 09:03:27 PM »
« Edited: September 05, 2018, 09:21:30 PM by Calthrina950 »

And here is the promised second county map. This depicts the county results of the alternate 2016 election, as fleshed out on the page I linked to above, as well as on the Random Maps thread. Rutherford wins ~2,570 counties to Leach's 574.

Comments and questions on this map would be greatly appreciated.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #639 on: September 05, 2018, 09:05:36 PM »

Oregon of course.

Ooh, that just reminded me of the third reason why I dislike you. Your article for 2016 was a literal copy of the wikipedia article for the 1964 where you changed a few terms. It was unbelievably blatant and lazy. Look at this

It's literally word for word identical in the vast majority of it. His part in writing it was a few minor changes to make it fit better. https://smallseotools.com/plagiarism-checker/. When I ran it through this plagiarism checker, it showed 47% of that passage was literally just the wikipedia article copied word for word. He also plagiarized the rest of the article. While I understand that this forum can't exactly enforce regulations against that, it's obnoxious as  to plagiarize an entire wikipedia article, make minor wording changes, and pretend it's your own work.

I make no claim as to all of this being my original work. I used the 1964 election as the basis for this scenario (as one can tell by looking at the county map), and the 1964 article as the template for the 2016 article. And what is your problem again? I know that you have a vendetta against my scenarios, as you've made plain, but why did you have to make this an issue here?
Jalawest2

« Reply #640 on: September 05, 2018, 09:10:02 PM »

Oregon of course.

It's literally word for word identical in the vast majority of it. His part in writing it was a few minor changes to make it fit better. https://smallseotools.com/plagiarism-checker/. When I ran it through this plagiarism checker, it showed 47% of that passage was literally just the wikipedia article copied word for word. He also plagiarized the rest of the article. While I understand that this forum can't exactly enforce regulations against that, it's obnoxious as  to plagiarize an entire wikipedia article, make minor wording changes, and pretend it's your own work.

I make no claim as to all of this being my original work. I used the 1964 election as the basis for this scenario (as one can tell by looking at the county map), and the 1964 article as the template for the 2016 article. And what is your problem again? I know that you have a vendetta against my scenarios, as you've made plain, but why did you have to make this an issue here?
I'm annoyed that you present that page as your own work and do not mention the 1964 article anywhere. If I did that on an assignment at my university, I would be kicked out.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #641 on: September 05, 2018, 09:16:44 PM »

Oregon of course.

I'm annoyed that you present that page as your own work and do not mention the 1964 article anywhere. If I did that on an assignment at my university, I would be kicked out.

I'm fully aware of what plagiarism is, and it is something that, within the academic environment, I am very rigorous about as well. But with an article such as this? I could put an attribution on the talk page to the 1964 article somewhere, if needed.  Why do you even bother commenting on this any how, since you don't like what I post? I'm not one to go in and savage the scenarios posted by other people here, like you and some other users have a predilection for doing.
Thunder98
United States

P P P
« Reply #642 on: September 05, 2018, 09:33:12 PM »

What if 2022 Senate Election Map and short summary

Andrew Cuomo decided to challenge Marco Rubio for the FL Senate race in 2022 and wins very narrowly in a crowded field. He lost in a embarrassing landslide against Rubio. Reasons are because he is an unpopular figure and a unpopular Democratic President in the White House. Andrew Cuomo lost in the 2018 Democratic Primary against Cynthia Nixon and moved to Florida in 2019.

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #643 on: September 05, 2018, 09:42:30 PM »

Andrew Cuomo decided to challenge Marco Rubio for the FL Senate race in 2022 and wins very narrowly in a crowded field. He lost in a embarrassing landslide against Rubio. Reasons are because he is an unpopular figure and a unpopular Democratic President in the White House. Andrew Cuomo lost in the 2018 Democratic Primary against Cynthia Nixon and moved to Florida in 2019.

Why would Cuomo move to Florida?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #644 on: September 05, 2018, 09:46:27 PM »

Go West, Young D's, Go West...just hit Boston and the Big Apple First

277-261, 47%-43%-10%

Closest States

Vermont
Minnesota
New York
[Tipping Point]
Wyoming
Florida
Massachusetts
Rhode Island

North Carolina

Bellwether

Nebraska

Strongest D

Oregon

Strongest R

Indiana
Thunder98
United States

P P P
« Reply #645 on: September 05, 2018, 09:59:14 PM »

Why would Cuomo move to Florida?

Cuomo decided to move to Florida and take a break from Politics for about 2 years. He then announces a run against Rubio in Spring 2021.
Thunder98
United States

P P P
« Reply #646 on: September 05, 2018, 10:03:35 PM »
« Edited: September 05, 2018, 10:06:39 PM by Thunder98 »

2022 What if Scenario: Rubio vs Gilllum FL US Senate Election Map

In this scenario, Rubio is unpopular and wants to run again for 1 last term in the Senate. Governor Andre Gillum is a moderately popular figure has announced a run to challenge Rubio for 2022 Senate race. Rubio lost the election by a decent margin. Why Rubio lost is because Trump is President with very low approval ratings and he is quite unpopular himself

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #647 on: September 05, 2018, 10:04:37 PM »

2022 What if Sceniaro: Rubio vs Gilllum FL US Senate Electon Map

In this scenario, Rubio is unpopular and wants to run again for 1 last term in the Senate. Govenor Andre Gillum is a moderately popular figure has announced a run to challenge Rubio for 2022 Senate race. Rubio lost the election by a decent margin. Why Rubio lost is because Trump is President with very low approval ratings and he is quite unpopular himself

This is a double-digit victory? It's amazing how concentrated Democrats have become.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #648 on: September 05, 2018, 10:21:22 PM »

In this scenario, Rubio is unpopular and wants to run again for 1 last term in the Senate. Govenor Andre Gillum is a moderately popular figure has announced a run to challenge Rubio for 2022 Senate race. Rubio lost the election by a decent margin. Why Rubio lost is because Trump is President with very low approval ratings and he is quite unpopular himself

This is a double-digit victory? It's amazing how concentrated Democrats have become.

Population in Gillum Counties in that map (2010):

Population in Rubio Counties in that map (2010):

About a 65 to 35 point spread in that metric.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #649 on: September 05, 2018, 10:23:21 PM »

Population in Gillum Counties in that map (2010):

Population in Rubio Counties in that map (2010):

About a 65 to 35 point spread in that metric.

Now I understand. At any rate, I hope you've seen my response on the other thread concerning my county map.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies