YouGov-AL: Moore +6
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:13:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  YouGov-AL: Moore +6
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: YouGov-AL: Moore +6  (Read 2556 times)
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2017, 06:24:57 PM »

While I dont think Jones will win, this post is dumb.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2017, 06:25:44 PM »

It never even began.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2017, 06:31:25 PM »

It's only dumb because it implies there was ever a chance to begin with.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2017, 06:37:51 PM »

My baby boy is too beautiful for Alabama
Sad
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2017, 06:44:17 PM »

Alabama values
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2017, 08:09:29 PM »

I thought I saw this poll shows tied among RV, Moore +6 on LV.

I can't find it in the crosstabs, but the CBS article about the poll says "Moore has a lead over Democrat Doug Jones, 49 percent to 43 percent, among the likely voters who are most apt to vote on Dec. 12. Among all registered voters, the contest is even."

Since nobody else has commented on this, Trump's approval ratings in this poll (57%) appear to be significantly higher than numbers we have seen elsewhere, including recent polls of the AL-SEN race, where his approval ratings tend to look much more like 49-51%....

Now, this is likely a question for pbrower2a, since he is the curator of a pretty cool thread on Trump's overall approval ratings by State and Nationally, but which numbers are actually more accurate when it comes to recent Trump Favorability numbers in 'Bama?

Something tells me the numbers are closer to the 49-51% and not the 57% in the YouGov poll....

In which case, this might well be a more 'Pub leaning sample size compared to the overall electorate....

This would likely jive with something that Brittain33 posted earlier upthread regarding this being an LV screen.... so once again we are back to what will the actual composition of the electorate look like on 12/12/17....

If 57% of the Voters that show up on 12/12/17 approve of the job that Trump is doing, Moore wins by 3-4%....

If 48-50% of the Voters that show up on 12/12/17 approve of the job that Trump is doing, we are likely looking at the next Democratic Senator from Alabama, since well, hell even though I'm a Middle-Aged guy, it would be many decades back, and plus there are likely going to be quite a few Trump > Jones crossover voters in 'Bama come Election Day....
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2017, 09:23:23 PM »

Also the age gap in this race according to this poll is insane:

Thankfully for the rest of us, the Republican Party is a dying organization and has at most a decade left

I do think that younger Republicans might be the least likely to vote in this race due to not liking Moore but still not wanting to vote for Jones (actually, in the presidential race, I would bet that well-off Republicans under 30 had very low turnout due to dissatisfaction with both).  But, still, despite the age gap on the topline, there is no age gap on the legality of abortion.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2017, 01:54:46 AM »

People definitely got way too excited when the polls in the immediate aftermath put Jones ahead. A Democrat is not winning in Alabama. Moore could admit the allegations are true and still win.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2017, 02:10:18 AM »

People definitely got way too excited when the polls in the immediate aftermath put Jones ahead. A Democrat is not winning in Alabama. Moore could admit the allegations are true and still win.

If he had admitted it, apologized and claimed to have "found God" since then and all of that horse jizz, he'd probably be winning by even more than he is now.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2017, 02:23:00 AM »
« Edited: December 04, 2017, 02:36:05 AM by DTC »

This poll doesn't break down how many people of each party, but I was somewhat able to figure it out by plugging in the numbers:

47.5% Republican
31.5% Democrat
20% Independent

2012 Exit Poll for Alabama was:

43% Republican
34% Democrat
24% Independent

Adjusting the breakdowns from each group in this poll to 2012 demographics and you get:

46.94 Roy Moore - 46.63 Doug Jones

Not bad, but most undecideds are Republican leaning, so they will probably go to Roy Moore.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2017, 09:52:49 AM »

Pollsters are probably confused about what the turnout is going to be, just like Virginia.

Edit: I think this is a toss-up, mostly because special-election turnout is so hard to judge.

Agreed.  We see a pretty substantial spread on this one, but I do think Moore has gained somewhat from his position last week in the race.  I'd put this as Moore's upper bound, and something greater than the WaPO margin (but not sure how much) for Jones's.

Yeah I think this is likely the case.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies