Will Kris Kobach be the next governor of Kansas?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 12:01:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Will Kris Kobach be the next governor of Kansas?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: It's early, but what are your predictions?
Yes
No, he will lose the primary
No, he will lose the general election
No, other reason
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Will Kris Kobach be the next governor of Kansas?  (Read 3082 times)
Pennsylvania Deplorable

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 30, 2017, 02:42:35 PM »

Kris Kobach, Kansas Secretary of State known for his support of voter ID, opposition to illegal immigration, and his side job writing for Breitbart (which he may have to stop for this race, following a lawsuit) is running for governor of Kansas. As of right now, he seems like the favorite in the GOP field due to solid name recognition and favorability, but the GOP establishment is against him and democrats have the potential to do well in Kansas by connecting all republicans to Brownback's abysmal governorship.
I personally think he will win and I'm happy with that, but I'm not sure just how bad the Brownback blowback will be.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 03:08:11 PM »

I can't believe I'm saying this after this last month of taking him to task over Alabama, but I agree with PNM. Tongue I think he wins the primary and Svaty turns him into roadkill.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 03:39:26 PM »

Yeah, Kansas cannot be compared to Alabama at all. Moore would be DOA there, whereas he'd still win in Alabama even if he was caught on video tape sodomizing young boys. Racist KS Hicks are not nearly as numerous and powerful as Racist AL Hicks.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 03:53:02 PM »

Yeah, Kansas cannot be compared to Alabama at all. Moore would be DOA there, whereas he'd still win in Alabama even if he was caught on video tape sodomizing young boys. Racist KS Hicks are not nearly as numerous and powerful as Racist AL Hicks.

And I present you why democrats can’t win in Alabama. Comments like this by liberals generalizing the whole state like that
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 03:54:25 PM »

I can't believe I'm saying this after this last month of taking him to task over Alabama, but I agree with PNM. Tongue I think he wins the primary and Svaty turns him into roadkill.

Keep in mind liberal pro-choice Lawrence resident Paul Davis came within 4 points of winning in a red year in a red state. A pro-life, pro-gun rural Democrat should absolutely be able to get the job done. Particularly since if anything, voters there have turned even more against Brownback and the state GOP.

Yeah, honestly even Brewer could probably beat Kobach
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 03:57:20 PM »

And I present you why democrats can’t win in Alabama. Comments like this by liberals generalizing the whole state like that

Yeah, clearly a random person on uselectionatlas.org making a mean comment about your state is what causes you to vote for a pedophile. Roll Eyes
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 04:20:31 PM »
« Edited: November 30, 2017, 04:22:27 PM by RFKFan68 »

As if Republicans don’t generalize Democrats as latte liberals in San Francisco and New York while millions of poor minorities in rural America vote Democrat and get ignored in presidential elections because they aren’t in swing states like the precious “White Working Class”. Roll Eyes Their vote is also silenced by extreme gerrymandering on the state and federal level.

Democrats can’t win in Alabama because the voters there are tribalistic, white supremacists who use their religion to justify their prejudices. It’s really that simple.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 04:27:36 PM »

This is a dark horse race that is well within the reach of dems to win, lean R for now.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 04:40:51 PM »

Conservatives are such whiny loser snowflakes.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 05:14:28 PM »

Anti-Kobach vote is too fragmented in the primary. If Orman runs, no matter the Democratic candidate Kobach wins. Kobach vs Ward or Brewer will be the same outcome. The only candidate I think can beat him is Svaty.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017, 05:39:53 PM »

The Democrats will win this race. Brownback blowback will be very big(look at KS-04, no one expected it to be that close until the very end), plus it'll be a Democrat wave. Calling it. I will accept your accolades after the Democrats win Kansas next year.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 05:56:38 PM »

Still too soon to tell. Kobach is strongly favored to win the primary; there are too many other candidates running for the anti-Kobach faction to unite. Colyer might have a chance if he becomes governor soon and has a strong 2018 legislative session.

Svaty is by no means a lock to win the primary, and from some of the rumblings I've heard, he may not even be the favorite right now. Plus, as VPH said, if Orman jumps in, which he is strongly considering, it almost guarantees a Kobach victory unless the Democrat drops out (unlikely). Svaty would be favored against Kobach head-to-head, but I think Kobach would beat Ward or Brewer.

Kobach has the best chance of winning out of everyone currently in the field, so I answered "Yes" for now.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2017, 05:59:30 PM »

No, I think it's Lean R if he doesn't win the primary and Tossup if he wins.
Pennsylvania Deplorable

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2017, 01:03:32 PM »

They're out of touch with the people of states like Alabama, dismiss real concerns of poor whites as racist, tell them how privileged they are simply for being white while continuing affirmative action polices against them, and then, when they lose the votes of said whites, they say it proves how racist and sexist they were all along. It's a self fulfilling prophecy.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2017, 03:00:39 PM »

Hope he loses. Don't care whether in primary or in general...
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2017, 09:15:57 PM »

They're out of touch with the people of states like Alabama, dismiss real concerns of poor whites as racist, tell them how privileged they are simply for being white while continuing affirmative action polices against them, and then, when they lose the votes of said whites, they say it proves how racist and sexist they were all along. It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

Has Doug Jones done any of that?

No. He hasn't.

If they don't vote for Doug Jones over a child predator, old people in Alabama are irredeemably stubborn.
Former Kentuckian
Cal

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2017, 11:02:31 PM »

Will Kris Kobach be the next Governor? Probably since we are apparently living in a Hell Dimension
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2017, 09:34:37 PM »

No, he will be defeated by Carl Brewer in the general election
Pennsylvania Deplorable

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2017, 09:50:26 PM »

No joke, Roy Moore could grab your privates and you'd still vote for him if he was the R nominee lol
If there was definitive proof that he raped a girl, I wouldn't vote for him, but there isn't. Innocent until proven guilty. Dismissing this as "republicans will vote for a pedophile if he has an R behind his name" is disingenuous and you know it.
Honestly what Barton is doing isn't resign worthy. What Franken and Conyers has done is.
It all is if true. Is there proof for Conyers though?
This is my reaction to accusations against a democrat. I do not treat accusations as convictions, period.
Pennsylvania Deplorable

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2017, 10:00:04 PM »

Has Doug Jones done any of that?

No. He hasn't.

If they don't vote for Doug Jones over a child predator, old people in Alabama are irredeemably stubborn.
I'm referring to the national democrat brand. The "basket of deplorables" mentality doesn't stop with Hillary Clinton. It's pervasive on just about any college campus and in the media. Doug Jones hasn't said it explicitly, but he does support affirmative action and just as Moore is tied to national republicans, Jones is tied to national democrats. I don't suppose saying that accusations =/= convictions will change your mind, but the law demands proof of wrongdoing and so do I. If experts aren't allowed to verify the handwriting on the yearbook is Moore's, then there's zero physical evidence to support the rape story.

Edit: Let's get back to talking about Kansas, please.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2017, 10:27:22 PM »

I hope so!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2017, 10:31:48 PM »

Don't look down, but I'm pretty sure there's a pedophile in your sig.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2017, 07:39:08 PM »

I hope to god not, but probably yes
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2017, 07:26:07 AM »
« Edited: December 06, 2017, 08:28:59 AM by 136or142 »

Politics1.com Retweeted

CJOnline‏
@CJOnline
 8h8 hours ago
More
BREAKING via @TimVCarpenter: Independent Greg Orman officially sets in motion campaign for Kansas governor

http://cjonline.com/news/state-government/2016-elections/2017-12-05/independent-greg-orman-officially-sets-motion
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2017, 11:25:08 AM »

What a ing retard. Gov. Kobach I guess

May be. But he is not obliged to coordinate his plans with those of Democratic party leadership, does he?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies