Bernie Sanders vs. Tim Scott (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:52:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  Bernie Sanders vs. Tim Scott (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders vs. Tim Scott  (Read 7850 times)
GoldenMainer
Rookie

« on: December 01, 2017, 11:57:08 AM »

This matchup makes the assumption that the Republican party would vote for a black man as their nominee. I'm not buying into that happening.
GoldenMainer
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 01:17:11 PM »

This matchup makes the assumption that the Republican party would vote for a black man as their nominee. I'm not buying into that happening.

Wasn't Herman Cain leading the field for a bit?  I'd think if the SC GOP nominated Tim Scott, the national GOP nominating a Black Republican who otherwise had political positions in line with the party as a whole isn't that unbelievable.  He or she would for sure be called an "Uncle Tom" by many liberals, but that's not in Republicans' control, per say. Smiley

Who's to know how Cain would have done considering the sexual assault allegations? Ben Carson, however, didn't win a single state and got a whole 7 delegates. And being nominated to fill a Senate seat by Nikki Haley is a whole different ballgame than being elected in a GOP primary by voters. The only statewide primary Scott won was in 2014, where the field was basically cleared for him and he only faced some random old guy without a working phone number. In a national race in a party currently led by a man who has normalized white nationalists and perpetuated the birtherism crap, color me skeptical on Scott's chances.
GoldenMainer
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 01:25:24 PM »
« Edited: December 01, 2017, 01:28:39 PM by GoldenMainer »

We had a black guy leading in our primary polls 2 cycles in a row (Cain and Carson)

Carson didn't finish in first, second, or third in a single state.

Herman Cain dropped out before a single state voted.

Polls don't equal votes and they don't win primaries.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies