KY-6 Democratic Primary: Reggie Thomas or Amy McGrath?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 02:55:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KY-6 Democratic Primary: Reggie Thomas or Amy McGrath?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: KY-6 Democratic Primary: Reggie Thomas or Amy McGrath?  (Read 4539 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2017, 09:58:54 AM »

Gray actually is a pretty strong candidate. I'll change my rating to likely R.

I think Gray or McGrath would win, but I’m gonna go against the CW here a bit.  I actually think McGrath is a stronger candidate and, judging by her ads, doesn’t seem to have any intention of nationalizing the race in a way that would hurt the her in KY-6.  Both of her ads were basically tied for the best House candidate ads I’ve seen since Barrow’s gun ad.  I suspect she’s got more crossover appeal than Gray (who I worry would be easier to brand as a “Lexington Liberal” or some such nonsense and whose homosexuality could hurt him in this district) and the thing about Gray wining the district against Paul is that Paul is kind of a bad fit for KY.  OTOH, it’s still impressive given that it coincided with the 2016 Presidential election.  I think there are legitimate arguments for nominating Gray and McGrath, but again, either would beat Barr imo.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2017, 10:04:22 AM »

IMO KY-06 voters have 2 solid choices here, which is odd considering the district was won by 20 points by Barr in the last election. Maybe Gray saw some good polling in the general?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies