2050 electoral votes (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:13:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  2050 electoral votes (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2050 electoral votes  (Read 6077 times)
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« on: November 25, 2017, 10:30:20 PM »

Don't buy CA losing seats - how exactly does this happen? If it is drought then why are the more vulnerable Colorado Rover states boom? I don't buy a lack of growth, CA has never stopped growing - the entire state isn't the high priced bay area. The only way I think CA can lose 5 districts in 3 cycles (CA is keeping all 53 in 2020, and earlier in the cycle was on track for 54) is a nuclear strile from NK, which isn't the best thing for these maps.

Similarly, Florida only haiming 3 seats isn't possible. Projections put it ar a gain of 2 this cycle, which means Florida only gains 1 seat in3 cycles. No.

Arizona gains 7, when they are currently gaining 1ish a cycle. Perhaps more growth could change that.

Utah gains 3??? Utah currently will only gain 1 in 2030. How does it gain two more? Does lighting growth occur in SLC? If so, then why is the state still safe R?

NY losing 7. Huh? NY is currently losing one a cycle, putting the state at a minimum of 25 EVs in 2050. The other thing about NY though is NYC and tge suburbs are still growing, upstate is just shrinking to fast for that growth to matter. Eventually this soft floor of NYC growth will prevent the state from losing a seat some cycles, but this may not happen by 2020.

Earthquake. Its bound to happen in the next 40years
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 09:27:50 PM »

Don't buy CA losing seats - how exactly does this happen? If it is drought then why are the more vulnerable Colorado Rover states boom? I don't buy a lack of growth, CA has never stopped growing - the entire state isn't the high priced bay area. The only way I think CA can lose 5 districts in 3 cycles (CA is keeping all 53 in 2020, and earlier in the cycle was on track for 54) is a nuclear strile from NK, which isn't the best thing for these maps.

Similarly, Florida only haiming 3 seats isn't possible. Projections put it ar a gain of 2 this cycle, which means Florida only gains 1 seat in3 cycles. No.

Arizona gains 7, when they are currently gaining 1ish a cycle. Perhaps more growth could change that.

Utah gains 3??? Utah currently will only gain 1 in 2030. How does it gain two more? Does lighting growth occur in SLC? If so, then why is the state still safe R?

NY losing 7. Huh? NY is currently losing one a cycle, putting the state at a minimum of 25 EVs in 2050. The other thing about NY though is NYC and tge suburbs are still growing, upstate is just shrinking to fast for that growth to matter. Eventually this soft floor of NYC growth will prevent the state from losing a seat some cycles, but this may not happen by 2020.

Earthquake. Its bound to happen in the next 40years
Yet people keep moving to the low-lying places that get routinely slammed by hurricanes? Earthquakes aren't that bad, CA is built for them, and the last ones didn't slow down growth. If anything, I see California's zoning getting liberalized, bringing statewide housing prices closer to the $200,000s, and further encouraging population growth. Conversely, I don't see long term growth in NC/GA/etc. At the end of the day, sprawly office parks with lowish wages can be anywhere.

Depends where it’s centrred and how strong. For example a 7.5+ along the San Andreas near San Fran, San Jose, or LA would make Katrina and Harvey look like a summer rain storm. But yeah Cali is better primed than more at risk areas like Memphis in the New Madrid zone or Seattle which is sandwiched between a cascadia mega quake and Mt. Ranier sending lahars down into the city
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies