2050 electoral votes (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:17:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  2050 electoral votes (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2050 electoral votes  (Read 6075 times)
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: November 25, 2017, 02:55:02 PM »

Is this post-2050?  If so, Florida would likely have 34-35 seats, assuming the state's population growth rates remain constant.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 01:57:10 AM »
« Edited: November 26, 2017, 02:01:18 AM by libertpaulian »

I get Arizona and Georgia turning to Lean D and Texas becoming a swing state again, but I've seen more than one person show Connecticut and sometimes Rhode Island becoming Republican again by about 2044 on average. Why is this?
The GOP likely moderates on social issues.  Examples: moderately pro-life on abortion, but doesn't take an "Every sperm is sacred" approach; gives up on opposing LGBT rights; supports weed legalization, etc.  The Northeast is secularizing at a rapid rate, and I could see Christians being a minority in New England by the 2050s.  The GOP would HAVE to adapt to such a demographic reality by that point.

Economically, they support policies that don't hurt white-collar suburban voters and have a more fiscally disciplined policy.

Their foreign policy would likely be somewhere in the middle between Ron Paul and Bill Kristol.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies