Edwards wins Wisconsin (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:55:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  Edwards wins Wisconsin (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Edwards wins Wisconsin  (Read 2820 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: August 31, 2005, 02:14:23 PM »

I was thinking about this last night.  Wondered what everyone though about it.

We all were big John Edwards supporters back in January and February.  He's since fallen out of favor, because he's kind of an empty suit, but still, he's a nice-looking guy and a smooth talker with a southern smile, both attributes that won Bill Clinton 2 terms (although Edwards is probably 1/3 as smart as Clinton)

Anyway...

Edwards did better than expected in the 02/17/04 Wisconsin primary, yet fell about 6% short to Kerry.  My question to everyone is...suppose Edwards was able to win Wisconsin, taking 40% to Kerry's 35%.  How does the rest of the nominating season play out?  I'd imagine Kerry still wins, but it's more competitive and maybe Edwards wins Ohio, Georgia, and Maryland on Super Tuesday.

Thoughts?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 04:56:07 PM »

What kills me is how the hell the conventional wisdom came up with "Kerry is the electable candidate."

That's what I was yelling, kicking, and screaming about back in Feb. 2004, but no one listened to me Sad.

Me too.  The Democrats here are 100000000000x smarter than those who control the nominating process.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies