IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:37:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 48
Author Topic: IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day!  (Read 81418 times)
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: March 20, 2018, 11:37:33 AM »

Any one got a link to where the results will be? I’ll be at work until midnight so I won’t be able to watch on tv
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #626 on: March 20, 2018, 11:54:30 AM »

Any one got a link to where the results will be? I’ll be at work until midnight so I won’t be able to watch on tv

NYTimes link should be posted when it's up. 
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #627 on: March 20, 2018, 12:00:05 PM »

Any chance we see the needle for the IL-03 and Gov primaries?
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #628 on: March 20, 2018, 12:06:57 PM »

I bet my grade on Pritzker but I don't want to see him win.

Also bet my grade on Rauner and I do want to see him win. For all those PMN types who vote for the worst candidate... Rauner is just as bad of a candidate as ives (28% approval) but would be a far better governor than ives if pritzker turns out to be a pedo
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #629 on: March 20, 2018, 12:29:40 PM »

Goodbye to the guy that said birth control and other forms of artificial contraception are 'intrinsically evil'.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #630 on: March 20, 2018, 01:13:57 PM »

Goodbye to the guy that said birth control and other forms of artificial contraception are 'intrinsically evil'.

3/20/18 10:24 pm CT
Dan Lipinski is now projected to win the primary for the 3rd district, defeating Newman by about a 10 point margin
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #631 on: March 20, 2018, 01:15:27 PM »

Dan Lipinski is now projected to win the primary for the 3rd district, defeating Newman by about a 10 point margin

This is pitiful, just like Dan Lipinski will be after becoming a second-tier lobbyist.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #632 on: March 20, 2018, 01:15:48 PM »

I'll copy this post for later tonight.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #633 on: March 20, 2018, 01:16:31 PM »

I'll copy this post for later tonight.

If I called that margin and time I’m buying lottery tickets nomorrow morning
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #634 on: March 20, 2018, 01:21:20 PM »

Only the Illinois Dem's could let a such an open sleazebag be their frontrunner for the primaries. Kind of shocked he didn't drop out awhile ago reading the summary of his scandals and that the Illinois establishment has stuck behind him, though I'll assume that's Madigan's doing.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #635 on: March 20, 2018, 01:25:03 PM »

Only the Illinois Dem's could let a such an open sleazebag be their frontrunner for the primaries. Kind of shocked he didn't drop out awhile ago reading the summary of his scandals and that the Illinois establishment has stuck behind him, though I'll assume that's Madigan's doing.

It's Illinois, they're all open sleazebags.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #636 on: March 20, 2018, 01:48:56 PM »

Yeah, but I would have assumed that being caught on an audio recording trying to secure patronage from Blagojevich would have been a bridge too far even for Illinoisans.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #637 on: March 20, 2018, 02:39:05 PM »

NYT is up, has a nice map for IL-03 and a few other districts: https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/illinois-house-district-3-primary-election
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #638 on: March 20, 2018, 02:41:54 PM »

Lipinski is done

The next tweet says that Ives is in good shape to win her primary, so not trusting this bs.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #639 on: March 20, 2018, 02:43:55 PM »

Lipinski is done

We will see what happens. It will be a shame if one of the few pro-life anti-choice Democrats remaining in Congress is drummed out.
FTFY. Smiley
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #640 on: March 20, 2018, 02:49:44 PM »

Yeah, but I would have assumed that being caught on an audio recording trying to secure patronage from Blagojevich would have been a bridge too far even for Illinoisans.

It is for some of us. Unfortunately, when the opposition is split, a crappy candidate can win a race that he wouldn't ordinary (Paul LePage is a pretty good demonstration of this phenomenon)
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #641 on: March 20, 2018, 02:52:32 PM »

Lipinski is done

The next tweet says that Ives is in good shape to win her primary, so not trusting this bs.

Yeah that makes me really skeptical. Still think Newman wins, albeit narrowly.
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #642 on: March 20, 2018, 03:05:37 PM »

I’m really torn on this whole Lipinski thing, part of me would like to see a Liberal Democrat (Newman) hold the seat, but my more “Pragmatic” side tells me that if Newman beats Lipinski, it will encourage Democrats to nominate unelectable candidates in competitive House seats (thus costing them a House majority), and throw Centrist Democratic Senators like Manchin, Donnelly, and Heitkemp, under the bus in November, thus costing them several senate seats. Due to these disturbing facts, I begrudgingly endorse Dan Lipinski’s renomination for Illinois’s 3rd congressional district.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #643 on: March 20, 2018, 03:12:52 PM »

I’m really torn on this whole Lipinski thing, part of me would like to see a Liberal Democrat (Newman) hold the seat, but my more “Pragmatic” side tells me that if Newman beats Lipinski, it will encourage Democrats to nominate unelectable candidates in competitive House seats (thus costing them a House majority), and throw Centrist Democratic Senators like Manchin, Donnelly, and Heitkemp, under the bus in November, thus costing them several senate seats. Due to these disturbing facts, I begrudgingly endorse Dan Lipinski’s renomination for Illinois’s 3rd congressional district.

Yaaas! Great points too.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #644 on: March 20, 2018, 03:13:40 PM »

empty quote this post if you back King Dan
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #645 on: March 20, 2018, 03:13:46 PM »

Since when are progressives unelectable?
Sherrod Brown Shill
NerdFighter40351
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -6.43

« Reply #646 on: March 20, 2018, 03:20:17 PM »

Typical SHLIPPERY SHLOPE fallacy. There are no credible primary challenges to any centrist senators anyway, other then arguably Kevin De Leon, and that's in California so there's really no danger.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #647 on: March 20, 2018, 03:47:10 PM »

And Biss was the chief sponsor of a pension theft bill. There's dealbreakers all around.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #648 on: March 20, 2018, 03:47:54 PM »

This is ironclad proof that King Lear is a complete troll.

On the one hand, he always talks about how the party should move to the left towards people like Bernie and Warren.

On the other hand, he endorses Lipinski for a seat that isn't even that conservative because it'll somehow cause people to support primary challenges in red states.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #649 on: March 20, 2018, 03:51:06 PM »

Why are we not allowed to have highlighted primaries in IL-13 and IL-14?

If IL-10 got a highlight, so should these.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 48  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies