AL-Fox News: DOUG +8 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:39:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  AL-Fox News: DOUG +8 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AL-Fox News: DOUG +8  (Read 9630 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: November 16, 2017, 08:31:57 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Even while he trails overall by 8.

Deplorable!

You can never be satisfied, can you?!

Even if Jones won, Moore voters should not be let off the hook. Especially the deplorable fake Christians that would vote for Satan himself before they'd vote for a Democrat.

As long as 50.0000000001% of Alabama votes for Jones, who cares what the other 49.99999999% do? This is a majoritarian nation.

Well, Trump's 46% would like a word with that statement.

Fortunately, Alabama doesn't have an electoral college!
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 09:33:37 PM »

All Doug Jones has to do is literally nothing at all and he might just beat the pedophile lunatic.

Simple exhaustion may be moving some voters to Jones.  I'm sure many Alabama voters would prefer a senator who isn't in the headlines every day in a negative way.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 12:37:08 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

D+35 Differential between those under 45 relative to those over 45. I would point out that Griffin found similar differentials in 2014 exit polling in GA, TX, MS and SC.

Young white Southerners ARE NOT Republican enough to keep the GOP above water. Generational change will pull the top line white vote down and these states will flip. Alabama might take the longest of that group to flip though. This is not the suburban massacre like in Virginia (which was mixture of natural generation change and in migration), though it certainly will manifest in the suburbs. This is native generational change against the back drop of an immovable object, the Democratic Vote among African Americans.

The assumption there is that people do not get more conservative as they age.  I would say that, while there are more conservative and more liberal generations, all generations become somewhat more Republican with age.  Also, Alabama's electorate isn't significantly less white at younger ages (unlike most other places), and the other poll with Jones up suggested that Trump actually won 18-24s in Alabama by more than he won the state as a whole, but that there are a huge number of Trump-->Jones or Trump --> Undecided/Not Voting young Alabamians.

I'm a counterexample to this.  I was raised as a Rockefeller Republican, but haven't identified as R in quite a few years, although I've still voted for some even in recent years.  Most of that is due to the party moving further and further from the center; but I do think I was more conservative as a young man than now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies