AL-Fox News: DOUG +8 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:55:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  AL-Fox News: DOUG +8 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AL-Fox News: DOUG +8  (Read 9618 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: November 17, 2017, 03:04:22 AM »
« edited: November 17, 2017, 10:33:39 PM by NOVA Green »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

D+35 Differential between those under 45 relative to those over 45. I would point out that Griffin found similar differentials in 2014 exit polling in GA, TX, MS and SC.

Young white Southerners ARE NOT Republican enough to keep the GOP above water. Generational change will pull the top line white vote down and these states will flip. Alabama might take the longest of that group to flip though. This is not the suburban massacre like in Virginia (which was mixture of natural generation change and in migration), though it certainly will manifest in the suburbs. This is native generational change against the back drop of an immovable object, the Democratic Vote among African Americans.

There is no question that Southern White University students voted heavily Democratic in 2016, based upon some of the research that I have been performing over the past few months...

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=273504.150

Here are the charts of results by City for Division I-A Football Communities in America ( A few need updating: Results from Annapolis were incorrect, Louisville, and Mobile need to be updated...

Although, I haven't yet gone back yet and run the numbers for many of the University precincts, since my original intention was to run a "simple project" of crunching precinct numbers for municipalities rather than individual precinct level analysis, later on I started flagging and including these in my data, although it wasn't the original intention of the project.

I do intend and going back and running these numbers for "Dorm" vs "Off-Campus overwhelmingly 18-29 yrs precincts), since I still have detailed Excel precinct spreadsheets for many of these counties on my computer.

Still, it appears that based upon precinct level data, HRC won the most heavily University precinct in Jonesboro, Arkansas (50- 43 D); Durham (Duke University EV precinct)- (87-9 D); LSU dorm precincts (Baton Rouge, LA)- (82-13 D), LSU "Off-Campus "Student Ghetto (57-31 D), University of Louisiana- Monroe "dorm vote" (68-28 D), University of Louisiana- Lafayette "student precincts (3:1 Democrat), Georgia Southern University (Statesboro, GA) "student precinct (59-34 D), Florida State University "Dorm Vote" (60-34 D), FSU "Off Campus Vote"- 2:1 Dem; University of Miami student precincts- (63-33 D); Florida State University "Dorm Vote" (65-31 D), FSU- Off Campus (58-38 D); Tennessee State University (Murfreesboro MTSU Campus) (58-42 D); Vanderbilt University Dorm and Off-Campus (84-14 D); University of South Alabama (Mobile)--- "Dorm Vote" (69-29 D), "Off Campus Vote"- (85-14 D).

Now, don't take my word as Gospel, however the precinct level results are true and correct, and easily fact-checked....

Extreme Republican has also posted data which appears to corroborate the data in terms of Southern White University voters in Tennessee, and also other data where he suggests that Trump won the "Dorm Vote" in Tuscaloosa and Auburn (Although I am skeptical about both considering these are heavily Uni downs, where the former City voted Democratic by +14%, and the latter City 'Pub by + 12%.

Obviously the Millennial vote is a lot more than just a few relatively elite White/Anglo dominated Southern Universities in Alabama (And much of the South at large), and I have also pulled numbers from various historically African-American Colleges and Universities, as well as Community Colleges, etc, which is actually where the vast majority of working and middle-class Millennials actually attend college, to both save bucks on University credits before transferring to a State school, get a two year Voc-Ed degree, etc....

Now , let's say that extreme Republicans precinct numbers for University of Alabama and Auburn University precincts are correct for 2016 ....

What does that say about the current state of the Alabama Republican race, considering the overwhelmingly Upper-Middle Class White Alabama student body of these Universities, and in general the same voting block in other Southern Universities?

Let's say they narrowly voted for Trump, as opposed to only 15% of 'Bama Whites that voted HRC?

What does that mean in terms of the various swings we might be seeing in the exclusively White 'Burbs and Exurbs of Birmingham, Huntsville, Mobile, etc....Huh

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 10:51:52 PM »

@ NovaGreen - your post is great. Thank you for the excellent dive into granular detail.

Much appreciated Jerome, since I spend way too many hours a week pursuing a hobby that I have had on and off for about 30 years (Precinct level data crunching).

Even after I get off my 12 hour shift on the Hi-Tech assembly line, I still pull and crunch numbers, before I need to crash and go back on the line early the next day....

Hey--- if I'm stuck with a ton of student loan debt, might as well contribute to the overall scientific body of knowledge courtesy of Uncle Sam, despite not pursuing the route of Academia and instead moving into the Private Sector from Working-Class Family roots... Smiley

DAVE IS THE MAN, for allowing all of us to contribute to what is arguably one of the best crowd-sourcing political Forums on the entire World Wide Web!!!!   (Ok--- bit of hyperbole there, but really the only reason that I registered to post on Atlas versus lurker mode some 10 years back, was because of that very reason.)

Now, why did the Fox News Poll get pulled?  Not sure if it is just my browser, but it appears that the original link is broken....

Anyone else experienced similar issues since Republican 'Bama Governor just endorsed Moore a few hours ago?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies