MA-WBUR: Warren leads Republican opponents
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:32:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  MA-WBUR: Warren leads Republican opponents
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA-WBUR: Warren leads Republican opponents  (Read 1707 times)
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 15, 2017, 01:44:26 PM »

Link.

Warren 58%
Diehl 32%

Warren 58%
Ayyadurai 27%

Warren 56%
Lindstrom 33%

Warren 57%
Kingston 33%

Favorables:
Warren: 55/38
Baker: 67/14
Trump 27/66
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 01:47:55 PM »

Titanium D
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 01:53:18 PM »

Hydera

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 01:55:59 PM »

They should had a Warren vs Baker matchup for the senate. I really want to know how much voters attitudes differ in a senate matchup between the two.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 01:58:28 PM »

They should had a Warren vs Baker matchup for the senate. I really want to know how much voters attitudes differ in a senate matchup between the two.

I agree that this would be interesting, but I'd still guess something like Warren 56% to Baker 41%.  Baker is exceptionally popular in the state for a Republican, but I still suspect that there were quite a few people who voted for him as a "check on the legislature" or something like that and wouldn't consider sending him to DC.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 02:38:37 PM »

I agree that this would be interesting, but I'd still guess something like Warren 56% to Baker 41%.  Baker is exceptionally popular in the state for a Republican, but I still suspect that there were quite a few people who voted for him as a "check on the legislature" or something like that and wouldn't consider sending him to DC.

Baker will run for Governor, and probably win.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 02:45:27 PM »

Baker will run for Governor, and probably will win.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 02:57:34 PM »

Pretty sure that Warren would also crush Baker by at least 15 points. Fortunately for Democrats, voters in blue states can actually distinguish between gubernatorial/statewide and Senate/federal races.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2017, 05:50:33 PM »

Warren is gonna break 60% easily and I wouldn't be surprised if she broke 65%.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2017, 07:42:03 PM »

The fact that Kingston got in the race should be the final nail in the coffin for the "Baker for Senate" conspiracists.

Nothing surprising here, except that Ayyadurai is still being polled as an R. He's running independent.
Baker is better off running in 2020 against Markey anyways. Even if he ran he'd lose. If Weld couldn't do it Baker certainly can't.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2017, 12:48:13 AM »

The fact that Kingston got in the race should be the final nail in the coffin for the "Baker for Senate" conspiracists.

Nothing surprising here, except that Ayyadurai is still being polled as an R. He's running independent.
Baker is better off running in 2020 against Markey anyways. Even if he ran he'd lose. If Weld couldn't do it Baker certainly can't.

Markey's probably going to retire...and in any event, does Baker really want to run in a Presidential Election in a (atlas) Red state with high turnout among Democrats. That would be suicide for him. If he were to run for Senate...knowing he'd likely lose, he's better off running against Warren in 2022, or in a hypothetical special should Warren be elected President (or Vice-President, or be appointed something like Treasury Secretary).
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2017, 12:56:03 AM »

Warren would almost certainly destroy him. Massachussans like Republican Governors, not Senators (unless the choice involves Martha Coakley).
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2017, 02:33:59 AM »

The 2018 election in MA will almost likely end up with one of the biggest ticket splitting (Warren for senate and Baker for governor).
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2017, 05:47:10 PM »

Seems like her rigged comments won't effect her one bit like some posters on here suggested.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2017, 05:48:21 PM »

The 2018 election in MA will almost likely end up with one of the biggest ticket splitting (Warren for senate and Baker for governor).

I can't wait to get the cross-tabs from election night.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2017, 05:49:02 PM »

Seems like her rigged comments won't effect her one bit like some posters on here suggested.

Uh...I'm pretty sure they were talking about the 2020 Democratic primary.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2017, 05:54:26 PM »

I can't wait for the Trumplican twitter meltdown when she wins with 60%+ of the vote. Many of them think she is vulnerable.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2017, 03:25:36 PM »

Link.

Warren 58%
Diehl 32%

Warren 58%
Ayyadurai 27%

Warren 56%
Lindstrom 33%

Warren 57%
Kingston 33%

Awkwardly, 5% of voters (and 1/6 of Republican votes) will vote for a generic Republican against Warren unless he has a non-European name, in which case they go to undecideds.
Fudotei
fudotei
Rookie
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2017, 04:34:14 PM »

Most of the Senate candidates here are not well known, but this would only theoretically be a competitive race in a poorly organized and openly corrupt Hillary administration. Then you might start seeing, I don't know, Warren only at 50 instead of nearly 60.

In an alternate world there's a very popular thinkpiece about Diehl called "You've Never Heard of Him. He's a State Representative. He Might Beat Elizabeth Warren." floating around Newsweek or Politico or WaPo.

[Granted, Diehl was Trump's co-chair in Massachusetts, meaning he's not going to succeed in higher office anytime soon. Good try though]

In this reality, Titanium D.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies