Poll - Alabama Evangelicals more likely to vote for Moore after new allegations
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 05:04:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Poll - Alabama Evangelicals more likely to vote for Moore after new allegations
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Poll - Alabama Evangelicals more likely to vote for Moore after new allegations  (Read 5629 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2017, 08:39:42 PM »

Fuzzy Mohammed, your kind has been calling liberals, Muslims Jews, gays, transgender people, and literally everyone who doesn't think like you, the spawns of Satan for decades.  Now we're all supposed to have sympathy for you when you're getting marginalized?  Suck it up, snowflake.

Interesting what happens when you change just two nouns.
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2017, 08:42:11 PM »

Oppressed?  Give me a break.  Is anyone calling for an Evangelical Christian ban?  Is the President of the United States calling you a terrorist? 

No, but maybe that has to do with the fact that unlike Muslims, we are not constantly committing terrorist attacks throughout the West.

In order to make the case that we are actually a bigger terrorist threat than Muslims, you leftists deceitfully count any terrorist who happens to be white as a ''Christian terrorist'' and point to attacks on abortion clinics that have resulted in less than 15 deaths in America since 1993.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2017, 08:43:21 PM »

Fuzzy Mohammed, your kind has been calling liberals, Muslims Jews, gays, transgender people, and literally everyone who doesn't think like you, the spawns of Satan for decades.  Now we're all supposed to have sympathy for you when you're getting marginalized?  Suck it up, snowflake.

I oppose all illiberal and fundamentalist ideologies.  Nice attempt to distract, though.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2017, 08:49:16 PM »

Poll: 37 percent of Alabama evangelicals more likely to vote for Moore after allegations

A JMC analytics poll finds 37 percent of the evangelicals surveyed say the allegations against Moore make them more likely to vote for the GOP Senate candidate in the upcoming election. Just 28 percent say the allegations made them less likely to vote for Moore and 34 percent said the allegations made no difference in their decision. The poll was conducted from Nov. 9 to 11 with 575 responses. It has a margin of error of 4.1 percent.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/360010-poll-37-percent-of-alabama-evangelicals-more-likely-to-vote-for-moore-after

Wow - Alabama Wow!

Of course his evangelical support is going up. With American evangelicals, pedophilia isn't a bug, it's a feature:

http://beta.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-brightbill-roy-moore-evangelical-culture-20171110-story.html

Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2017, 08:51:10 PM »

People are focusing on the wrong numbers. Gonna quote 538 again:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The JMC poll cross tabs actually have Jones winning non-evangelicals by closer to 50% now, either way, Moore is getting absolutely crushed in the non-evangelical department. This means that the evangelical population, which Alabama has a massive amount of, is central to his electoral victory path. The fact that almost 30% of Evangelicals are saying these revelations make it less like they will vote for him is devastating to Moore's turnout operation. I expect as this scandal continues to unfold, some of those "doesn't affect" respondents will be nudged into the "less likely" column. Even if we assume that two-thirds of Alabama's evangelicals stick by Moore, if the remaining one-third either votes for Jones, writes in a candidate, or stays home, that would--- in conjunction with a high non-evangelical turnout--- easily flip the election to Jones.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2017, 09:10:03 PM »

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2017, 10:50:48 PM »
« Edited: November 12, 2017, 11:05:10 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Sounds like a lot of Christians are going to Hell.
These people are a disgrace to the teachings of Jesus.

If you, ProudModerate2, have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior by faith, and believe that his Death on the Cross  and his Resurrection provide the ONLY acceptable sacrifice in the eyes of God the Father for the remission of sin, you will not be saved, and will not have Eternal Life with God.

Those, my friend, are the teachings of Jesus.

You apparently forgot to include that it is also required that an individual f*** a 14 year-old child to be "saved." And when others in your congregation also do this, give them a big "pat-on-the-back" and an "atta-boy."
And then people wonder why the Christian religion (all religions for that matter) is on a severe and steady decline.

This would be considered a bigoted comment if one of its sort were made to folks other than Evangelicals.  It's not the end of the World, but I WILL point out the double standard by some.  

Fuzzy,
No where did I say that my comment specifically applied to Evangelicals or to only Evangelicals. Some of my comment even included the statement "all religions for that matter."
From all your comments, it seems you are experiencing a severe "Evangelical-this-and-Evangelical-that" priapism episode. (You are taking this all too personal ... please stop.)

My comment was made towards any religion or organization. No congregation or organization should be supporting what Moore did. But those who are religious, more than others, should definitely understand the disgusting, disgraceful and immoral characteristics of pedophilia. I'm also not blaming all members of a particular religious affiliation, but only some within that congregation.
So Evangelical individuals who would support or vote for Moore are ones who should be concerned about their place after life. Same with any Roman Catholics. Or even those who follow the Islamic faith. They all are in jeopardy of "going to Hell" (as I put it).

Even a Satanic religion would be included. Those specific Satanists who support Moore would even get punished, and would go to ......... Heaven ?? Hmmmmm ..... something here doesn't add up.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2017, 10:56:08 PM »

There are folks in this forum who had the same information about Bill Clinton and voted for him anyway.  Do they not care about sexual assault, either?

And what about those who had "the same information about donald trump and voted for him anyway" ?
Do they not care about sexual assault ?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2017, 11:06:06 PM »

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/11/10/brooks-tolerance-of-bill-clinton-had-an-effect-in-creating-environment-where-sexual-harassment-was-given-permission/

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2017, 12:53:44 AM »

Evangelical Christians are stuck with a candidate who is (to be kind) seriously flawed.  The accusations are what they are; one of them is starker than the rest because of age the alleged victim was at the time the candidate had sex with her.  At the same time, you have a candidate who will, more likely than not, advance policy objectives that would be objectionable, and that may not be able to be readily undone.

On top of that, Evangelical Christians don't believe the liberal media.  Some of this is the result of parroting, but some of this stems from the unflattering way the media presents Christians, often without erroneously.  And they are not wrong in suspecting media bias.  The media expects these folks to submit to their views on marriage, sex, etc. or be judged as bigoted and hateful, but the idea of the Bible actually being authoritative in its entirety is dismissed and ridiculed by the media (often for "journalists" personal agendas).  Yet when this same media reports on Muslims taking vile actions based on the Quran, they are lectured by this same media to be understanding and not judgmental.

So when these very same media folks come forth with an accusation against THEIR candidate (which, on top of everything, allows the media to portray all Evangelicals as hypocrites, bigots, etc.) they look askance at the fact that this comes out almost 40 years after the fact against a man who's been in high profile positions in Alabama public life for decades now.  The man (Moore) has not been charged with a crime.  He has been accused by persons decades later, and only one of the acts mentioned would have been a crime, and that's only if the alleged victim were, in fact, under 16 at the time of the incident.

If I were an Alabama voter right now, I would not vote for Roy Moore. I would vote for Doug Jones. Let me be clear on that.  I am not impressed with Moore's denial, and while he may, in fact, have broken no laws, his behavior was both unseemly and power-driven.  I consider myself a mature Christian, and, as such, I see Moore (based on his responses to these allegations) to view himself as unaccountable to other men and women, and appears to be relying on his voters' skepticism of the media to carry the day.  I would vote for Doug Jones because I do want my public officials to, at a minimum, view themselves as accountable to God and to their constituents.  Roy Moore has acted as if he's accountable only to God, and even that's doubtful.  I don't want that level of a power driver in high office.

But I am hesitant to criticize my Evangelical brethren who come to an opposite conclusion.  Here at Atlas, they will be judged by those who hate them, no matter what they do, and who resent it when they, themselves perceive Evangelicals to be judging them. The folks all in a dither about Moore's accusers care not one whit about Juanita Broaddrick and Kathleen Willey (the latter of whom was far more timely in reporting the allegation, FWIW).  So I'm not convinced of the outrage here; some folks here dumping on Moore view the whole thing as good news; the possible pick up of a Democratic Senate seat, and at Roy Moore's expense is the sole motivation of the "outrage".  As for Doug Jones, I think far more of the candidate than I do of some of his "supporters".  

Fuzzy, I am genuinely pleased that you would support Jones over Moore in this race. However, I simply cannot be as charitable as you about these findings. First off, I disagree with multiple posters here who say that more likely/ less likely polls are meaningless. This is way too high a percentage to Simply write off as knee-jerk positive responses for one's own candidate. Even such knee-jerk responses are bad enough as it is as it reflects someone being absolutely deaf dumb and blind to the facts and world around them. Secondly, I have less than zero sympathy 4 Vangelis who cover their ears stomp their feet and Shout lalalalala liberal media liberal media liberal media I don't like facts because they disagree with what I stand for. Absolutely less than zero. And nothing more than that is deserved. One is entitled to their own opinion, but one is not entitled their own facts.

And yes, I would readily say this in a heartbeat if the allegations about Jones and Moore were reversed and over a third of Jones supporters pulled said such allegations were more likely to make them support Jones.

Screaming liberal media liberal media liberal media to counter ugly facts about the world we live in and the candidate one supports is perhaps the greatest problem our country faces today. Well, that is if one includes hardcore leftists who scream the same thing about mainstream media, mainstream media, mainstream media. However, the reality is there are far more of the former than the latter

The only other nominal excuse I can offer is that this is hardly an eventual problem, as I'm sure significant percentages of non evangical Moore supporters we acted similarly in this pole. Though I haven't read the crosstabs so anyone out there is free to contradict me on this point.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2017, 01:24:56 AM »

Oppressed?  Give me a break.  Is anyone calling for an Evangelical Christian ban?  Is the President of the United States calling you a terrorist? 

No, but maybe that has to do with the fact that unlike Muslims, we are not constantly committing terrorist attacks throughout the West.

In order to make the case that we are actually a bigger terrorist threat than Muslims, you leftists deceitfully count any terrorist who happens to be white as a ''Christian terrorist'' and point to attacks on abortion clinics that have resulted in less than 15 deaths in America since 1993.

You need to read, kid before posting such stuff. The millions of lives which Christianity has taken in the names of conversion is astounding & will probably match up to Islam. It is only in the last few centuries when Christianity has been somewhat reformed, attacked by Atheists & when people's devotion to a fake sky god has fallen, has Christianity got moderate.

The wars in Europe & the world in the name of Christianity has been devastating. And this same religion Christianity accepted & condoned slavery. Let me point it out again - Slavery.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2017, 01:31:35 AM »

Moore made his campaign against transgenders & homosexuals with his repeated vitriol against transgenders in the military which is an irrelevant issue for the AL Senate race. It is this crazy hatred & polarization than these evangelicals thrive from.

And the liberal media is bad - Why? Because they can't have slaves. Is it pure coincidence that the biggest supporters of slavery were these Evangelical Southern ex-Confederate White guys.

They don't like that gay people can marry & want to dictate to women if they can have an abortion or not & many think women have an inferior place & whose purpose is to support them. If it were to them, they would impose a moderate form of Christian Sharia rule.

Like people should speak out against Muslim fundamentalists, they should speak against a section of these crazy evangelicals & KKK folks. They blast Muslim counties for Sharia but want impose their religion driven views on all others. Abortion & Gay marriage should be banned for someone in California because their religion "Christianity" is not supportive of it. Bigots need to to called out as such, their crazy views shouldn't be justified.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2017, 02:53:12 AM »

Sounds like a lot of Christians are going to Hell.
These people are a disgrace to the teachings of Jesus.

If you, ProudModerate2, have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior by faith, and believe that his Death on the Cross  and his Resurrection provide the ONLY acceptable sacrifice in the eyes of God the Father for the remission of sin, you will not be saved, and will not have Eternal Life with God.

Those, my friend, are the teachings of Jesus.

You apparently forgot to include that it is also required that an individual f*** a 14 year-old child to be "saved." And when others in your congregation also do this, give them a big "pat-on-the-back" and an "atta-boy."
And then people wonder why the Christian religion (all religions for that matter) is on a severe and steady decline.

This would be considered a bigoted comment if one of its sort were made to folks other than Evangelicals.  It's not the end of the World, but I WILL point out the double standard by some.  

Fuzzy,
No where did I say that my comment specifically applied to Evangelicals or to only Evangelicals. Some of my comment even included the statement "all religions for that matter."
From all your comments, it seems you are experiencing a severe "Evangelical-this-and-Evangelical-that" priapism episode. (You are taking this all too personal ... please stop.)

My comment was made towards any religion or organization. No congregation or organization should be supporting what Moore did. But those who are religious, more than others, should definitely understand the disgusting, disgraceful and immoral characteristics of pedophilia. I'm also not blaming all members of a particular religious affiliation, but only some within that congregation.
So Evangelical individuals who would support or vote for Moore are ones who should be concerned about their place after life. Same with any Roman Catholics. Or even those who follow the Islamic faith. They all are in jeopardy of "going to Hell" (as I put it).

Even a Satanic religion would be included. Those specific Satanists who support Moore would even get punished, and would go to ......... Heaven ?? Hmmmmm ..... something here doesn't add up.

The notably....divergent posts, in terms of thoughtfulness and heartfulness, between FB and Thomas from NJ, should readily demonstrate Evangelicals, even conservative ones, are hardly monolithic.

And that doesn't even broach BRTD's stripe of evangelism. Tongue
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2017, 03:05:46 AM »

And the liberal media is bad - Why? Because they can't have slaves.

Yes, AL conservatives hate CNN because it's preventing them from reintroducing slavery. What?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2017, 04:26:48 AM »

So I guess evangelicals don't care about child sexual assault. Such "Christians"

Funny thing is -- in my experience, Jews usually live closer to the ideal of Christian behavior than do Protestant fundamentalists.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2017, 07:27:41 AM »

I'm not someone who dismisses every piece of negative news against candidates I prefer as "liberal media lies".  I also know that some Evangelicals subscribe to some wild stuff that I just don't discuss with them because of how much these particular folks accept without proof.  I have one friend who sincerely believed that Obama was using the military to buy up abandoned shopping centers and use them as some sort of re-education camps.  He's a good friend and a good man, but I don't talk politics with everyone for these reasons.  (I can only imagine what he'd think if he knew I was an Obama 2012 voter.)

But the LA Times piece IS misrepresentation.  Yes, these folks exist, but "child brides" are not a problem for mainstream Evangelicals.  They are not a problem for, say, the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC), and like denominations that have a hierarchy and require accountability from its congregations.  The IFB churches are a small minority, but they are written about as if they are typical, and Evangelicals are routinely dealt with in the press in this manner.

And Evangelicals are aware of the contempt most reporters have for them.  Most reporters ARE liberal; they don't wish to be constrained by Biblical Morality, and they do what they can to discredit those who subscribe to it.  And they have the power of their respective media to massage minds, to present information that is factual in a distorting context to where folks can't just shout "Liar, liar, pants on fire!".  That is what they did in the article quoted. 

The MSM are who they are.  They have lost objectivity.  They have their heroes and their whipping boys and girls.  I find a need to listen and look between the lines to sort out what I believe when I listen to a news program these days. 
EnglishPete

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2017, 09:55:28 AM »

My observation would be that firstly they would be unlikely to believe the fourth story as the pattern of behaviour in that story is so entirely different from the pattern of behaviour in the other three and that furthermore the pattern of behaviour in the other three cases is not only not unChristian but is in fact highly Christian and highly ethical.

Consider first that the age of consent in Alabama at which someone is judged capable of consenting to sex and marriage is 16 in Alabama. You might think that too low but that's not what Alabama law contends. I suspect that some of you might think that the age of consent for sex ought not be the same as the age of consent for marriage, i.e. that it should be both socially and legally accepted and even encouraged that young people should be sexually active for some years before getting married and starting a family. This is of course quite contrary to the traditional Christian ethics that Moore so  strongly advocates. That ethics teaches strict chastity before marriage and strict faithfulness within it.

In three of the accounts Moore is said to have behaved in an utterly proper way in this respect. They all said that he always asked the parent's consent to court her daughter and respected their authority in doing so. That is very much in line with traditional Christian teaching. Furthermore he behaved in an entirely chaste and rather courtly manner, doing no more than kissing and cuddling, which the ethical code followed by evangelicals proclaims is all any Christian man is permitted to do with anyone who is not his wife.

Whilst most parents would suspect a man in his early thirties wanting to date a young woman in her late teens  its important to remember the cause of this suspicion. The cause is that they would be worried that the man was looking for a mere mistress to take advantage of and then discard. It is very clear from the cases described of the two women that he dated that he was not looking for a mere mistress but for a wife, and by all accounts he has been a devoted and faithful husband so its no wonder that the mothers of those two girls thought that he would make a great son in law.

You compare that to the fourth case where the pattern of behaviour is totally different. In this case he is described as behaving in a manipulative and abusive way towards a child, seeking out an underage child, molesting her, acting in a way that was exploitative, dishonest and unchaste. That is so completely out of character with the other stories and with everything else known about Moore that it makes it hard to believe.

If you just look at the other three cases Moore behaved in a way that was not only not immoral but was in fact highly ethical. Alabama Evangelicals may very well then see this as a case where someone who not only preaches but practises a strict Christian code of sexual ethics and is being persecuted and slandered for it by a GOP establishment that is full of people who are admitted adulterers and who otherwise fall short of the Christian ethical ideal.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2017, 10:01:19 AM »

And the liberal media is bad - Why? Because they can't have slaves. Is it pure coincidence that the biggest supporters of slavery were these Evangelical Southern ex-Confederate White guys.

This is dumb analysis.

You don't have the intelligence to comment about dumbness, you barely have the intelligence to be a rational poster. Now quit stalking me by making idiotic posts after every thread of mine when you have nothing to say but irrelevant opinions.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2017, 10:16:05 AM »

Deplorable.

They would probably still support him if he was proven of cannibalism.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2017, 10:24:08 AM »

Gotta love the "good Christians" now support pedophilia because the Republicans told them it's in the bible. And just think, they want the laws to be based off that!
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2017, 10:49:42 AM »

Wut Huh

I have nothing against jews in general. I'm critical of the Isreal's foreign policy, but the same is true with some Palestinians and even more Saudi Arabia.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2017, 10:56:17 AM »

Wut Huh

I have nothing against jews in general. I'm critical of the Isreal's foreign policy, but the same is true with some Palestinians and even more Saudi Arabia.

Sorry, I didn't mean you. I don't consider you to be a bigot or anything like that. I was just using Mohammed as a generic Muslim name.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2017, 11:18:02 AM »

My observation would be that firstly they would be unlikely to believe the fourth story as the pattern of behaviour in that story is so entirely different from the pattern of behaviour in the other three and that furthermore the pattern of behaviour in the other three cases is not only not unChristian but is in fact highly Christian and highly ethical.

Consider first that the age of consent in Alabama at which someone is judged capable of consenting to sex and marriage is 16 in Alabama. You might think that too low but that's not what Alabama law contends. I suspect that some of you might think that the age of consent for sex ought not be the same as the age of consent for marriage, i.e. that it should be both socially and legally accepted and even encouraged that young people should be sexually active for some years before getting married and starting a family. This is of course quite contrary to the traditional Christian ethics that Moore so  strongly advocates. That ethics teaches strict chastity before marriage and strict faithfulness within it.

In three of the accounts Moore is said to have behaved in an utterly proper way in this respect. They all said that he always asked the parent's consent to court her daughter and respected their authority in doing so. That is very much in line with traditional Christian teaching. Furthermore he behaved in an entirely chaste and rather courtly manner, doing no more than kissing and cuddling, which the ethical code followed by evangelicals proclaims is all any Christian man is permitted to do with anyone who is not his wife.

Whilst most parents would suspect a man in his early thirties wanting to date a young woman in her late teens  its important to remember the cause of this suspicion. The cause is that they would be worried that the man was looking for a mere mistress to take advantage of and then discard. It is very clear from the cases described of the two women that he dated that he was not looking for a mere mistress but for a wife, and by all accounts he has been a devoted and faithful husband so its no wonder that the mothers of those two girls thought that he would make a great son in law.

You compare that to the fourth case where the pattern of behaviour is totally different. In this case he is described as behaving in a manipulative and abusive way towards a child, seeking out an underage child, molesting her, acting in a way that was exploitative, dishonest and unchaste. That is so completely out of character with the other stories and with everything else known about Moore that it makes it hard to believe.

If you just look at the other three cases Moore behaved in a way that was not only not immoral but was in fact highly ethical. Alabama Evangelicals may very well then see this as a case where someone who not only preaches but practises a strict Christian code of sexual ethics and is being persecuted and slandered for it by a GOP establishment that is full of people who are admitted adulterers and who otherwise fall short of the Christian ethical ideal.

While I wouldn't go as far as to call those relationships "highly ethical", I will agree with you that those three stories in themselves aren't damning. It's the story involving the 14 year old that is the problem. Also, I don't agree that there isn't a pattern of sorts here.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2017, 11:31:26 AM »
« Edited: November 13, 2017, 11:38:28 AM by Fuzzy Bear »

Fuzzy Mohammed, your kind has been calling liberals, Muslims Jews, gays, transgender people, and literally everyone who doesn't think like you, the spawns of Satan for decades.  Now we're all supposed to have sympathy for you when you're getting marginalized?  Suck it up, snowflake.

Wut Huh

So why don't you come to my defense?  Say something like, "Fuzzy has nothing against Muslims in general.  He's critical of unfettered immigration, but this is an issue of public policy, and it's based on a belief that excessive, liberal immigration policies are not in the best interest of the folks who are currrently American citizens and an belief that no foreigner, however virtuous, has a RIGHT to enter or emigrate to the United States."  

It's nothing against you, Mohammed; you're posts are generally thoughtful, and I can agree with parts of them.  You strike me as a grown-up capable of dialogue.

Some of the other folks here, well . . . let's just say that I'm not offended by very much.  I'm not offended by critiques of Christendom, or Evangelical Christianity; people are imperfect and the people that make up the Body of Christ have erred at times and are as accountable as anyone else.   It's that lack of accountability that concerns me the most about Moore, as all his alleged activities save for  one (assuming that the alleged victim was, indeed, under 16), smarmy as they seem, were likely legal on their face.  I'm convinced he was a man in his thirties engaging in SOME sexual activity (albeit, probably not a crime) with the 16 and 17 year olds, and he doesn't want to account for this being SIN.  

This Parable of the Wicked Servant describes Roy Moore.  He's a man forgiven of much, acting as if he's never been forgiven, calling for justice for others when he's (apparently) received great mercy for himself.  "O thou wicked servant . . ."  God is not a God of letting folks have it both ways.  

But that message doesn't sink in here.  Yes, there are false equivilences in evaluating the misdeeds of competing parties, but many folks are very much OK with stereotyping Christians, white Southern males, in ways that they would describe folks like me as racist, sexist, homophobic, hateful, (fill in the blank), etc.  (The references to how white Alabama Christians want to bring back slavery when slavery exists in the Muslim World to this day was really a hoot.  And, no, Muslims in America, as a group, are not responsible for that.)  

I will call people on it when they want to have it both ways.  I try not to, and I will be introspective on this point, but there are some folks who don't care to be fair and honest when they lob rhetorical bombs.  And that's OK; it's not the end of the world for me if folks here call me an HP.   But there's a double standard here by some, and I'm going to call folks on that.  I can't compel people to be fair, but I will call folks on having it both ways.  
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2017, 01:17:06 PM »

This is dumb analysis.

You don't have the intelligence to comment about dumbness, you barely have the intelligence to be a rational poster. Now quit stalking me by making idiotic posts after every thread of mine when you have nothing to say but irrelevant opinions.

It is always amusing how dumbfu**ks without much intelligence feel can insinuate that others are dumb & feel proud about it. Shadows, I know you are seeing this but I hope if you are born again, your combined IQ in 2 lifetimes will exceed mine. I have great education qualifications, I earn a lot of money & I hold a good/high management position in possibly the most iconic organizations in the world whose office you should go & visit in your state (& wave from a distance). And I have only just started.

Maybe someday, I will buy whatever company you work for & make you work under me.
Whatever Timmy.  You're just a short munchkin who skateboards around from pool to pool eating In-n-Out and pretending to be a surfer dude even though you can't even float on a paddleboard in a calm pool.  Your double digit IQ is as utterly unimpressive as your knowledge of every possible combination available at the Wienerschnitzel.  It's just hotdogs, bruh.  You should really strive harder than just good/high because this is Atlas.  We have high standards and we are not going to compromise just to make your loser butt feel better.

Maybe some day I will buy you a membership to Restoration Hardware so you can pretend to have good taste in poorly built, over priced furniture and impress nobody.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies