Roy Moore accused of sexual abuse
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 12:30:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Roy Moore accused of sexual abuse
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
Author Topic: Roy Moore accused of sexual abuse  (Read 24710 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: November 12, 2017, 02:58:36 AM »

Grumps atm:

Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #176 on: November 12, 2017, 06:56:05 PM »

I'm sure some operative whipped this up.  The issue is whether or not Moore is being destroyed with lies or with truths.
Did you listen to his interview on Hannity's radio show? At worst, I would say he is being destroyed by mostly-truths due to how much time has passed since the alleged events. I cannot see the allegations being fabrications.
I saw it, and, no, I was not impressed with Moore's denial.  Not at all.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #177 on: November 13, 2017, 10:04:39 AM »

Steve Bannon Launches Breitbart Campaign to Discredit Roy Moore’s Accusers

Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon is using his website Breitbart News to run a discrediting campaign against the women who have come forward to accuse GOP Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore of pursuing sexual relationships with them when they were teenagers and he was an adult. The Washington insider publication Axios reports the website has shipped-off reporters Matt Boyle and Aaron Klein to Alabama where they aim to poke holes in the stories of Moore’s accusers. The two Bannon lackeys have already started their investigation into the women, as Klein published a story today suggesting one allegation could be false due to a previously unreported “key detail.”

https://www.mediaite.com/online/steve-bannon-launches-breitbart-campaign-to-discredit-roy-moores-accusers/
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #178 on: November 13, 2017, 10:13:03 AM »

Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon is using his website Breitbart News to run a discrediting campaign against the women who have come forward to accuse GOP Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore of pursuing sexual relationships with them when they were teenagers and he was an adult. The Washington insider publication Axios reports the website has shipped-off reporters Matt Boyle and Aaron Klein to Alabama where they aim to poke holes in the stories of Moore’s accusers. The two Bannon lackeys have already started their investigation into the women, as Klein published a story today suggesting one allegation could be false due to a previously unreported “key detail.”

https://www.mediaite.com/online/steve-bannon-launches-breitbart-campaign-to-discredit-roy-moores-accusers/

It's clear that Bannon/Hannity and many conservatives have no problem with rape/pedophilia as long as the person is a conservative and will vote how they want.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #179 on: November 13, 2017, 10:14:43 AM »

Bannon is pure evil.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #180 on: November 13, 2017, 10:18:41 AM »

You know what you need to do to be hired as a sign language interpreter for a campaign event?

Basically, be one of the five hearing people in <area> who knows ASL (and advertises it as a service), please have refrained from conducting an armed robbery within the statute of limitations, and don't be a campaign staffer for the other guys.

Like seriously, that's it. She could be a conservative Republican, for all we know.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #181 on: November 13, 2017, 10:21:34 AM »

You know what you need to do to be hired as a sign language interpreter for a campaign event?

Basically, be one of the five hearing people in <area> who knows ASL (and advertises it as a service), please have refrained from conducting an armed robbery within the statute of limitations, and don't be a campaign staffer for the other guys.

Like seriously, that's it. She could be a conservative Republican, for all we know.

It also says right in the WaPo article:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #182 on: November 13, 2017, 11:53:33 AM »

Mitch McConnell has called on Moore to step aside and not run. 
elcorazon

« Reply #183 on: November 13, 2017, 03:18:10 PM »

new allegation is literally an attempted rape of 15 year old (now a Trump voter) who has his signed yearbook. Damning allegations. He is cooked. He will still win the election, I think if he doesn't pull out of the race.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #184 on: November 13, 2017, 03:30:58 PM »

new allegation is literally an attempted rape of 15 year old (now a Trump voter) who has his signed yearbook. Damning allegations. He is cooked. He will still win the election, I think if he doesn't pull out of the race.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/nov/13/roy-moore-threatens-to-sue-washington-post-sexual-misconduct-report

He reportedly told her, after a struggle and Moore was letting her go, that she was just a child and that he was a county attorney and nobody would believe her.

She has the yearbook that he signed, so he was definitely friendly enough to do that.

More from the newest accusation:

""The following morning my neck was black and blue + purple. In the days following I covered the bruising on my neck with makeup. I did not tell anyone about what would happen—I was scared. I felt that if I told anyone Mr Moore would do something to me or my family."

This evil predator needs to go.  Now.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #185 on: November 13, 2017, 03:32:42 PM »

There really is no doubt at this point. If Alabamans still vote for this man, well, then Alabama deserves every bit of its reputation.
elcorazon

« Reply #186 on: November 13, 2017, 03:35:36 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/nov/13/roy-moore-threatens-to-sue-washington-post-sexual-misconduct-report

He reportedly told her, after a struggle and Moore was letting her go, that she was just a child and that he was a county attorney and nobody would believe her.

She has the yearbook that he signed, so he was definitely friendly enough to do that.

More from the newest accusation:

""The following morning my neck was black and blue + purple. In the days following I covered the bruising on my neck with makeup. I did not tell anyone about what would happen—I was scared. I felt that if I told anyone Mr Moore would do something to me or my family."

This evil predator needs to go.  Now.
He also has no defense that she looked older or anything since he SIGNED HER YEARBOOK! Calling her a child is also damning but the defenders will call that a lie, I'm sure.  I still think he may win the election.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #187 on: November 13, 2017, 03:36:46 PM »

NRSC Chairman Cory Gardner has called for the senate to expel Moore if he is elected.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #188 on: November 13, 2017, 03:37:04 PM »

It has gone from "no evidence" to "no doubt."
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #189 on: November 13, 2017, 03:49:06 PM »

Fifth accuser https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/13/us/politics/roy-moore-alabama-senate.html and now this.

Judge Roy Moore @MooreSenate
The person who should step aside is @SenateMajLdr Mitch McConnell. He has failed conservatives and must be replaced. #DrainTheSwamp
12:40 PM - Nov 13, 2017

"“I tried fighting him off, while yelling at him to stop, but instead of stopping, he began squeezing my neck attempting to force my head onto his crotch,” Ms. Nelson said in a statement she issued at the news conference. She said Mr. Moore warned her that “no one will believe you” if she told anyone about the encounter in his car."

mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #190 on: November 13, 2017, 03:51:26 PM »

Moore is a rapist and a pedo but muh wall muh immigration muh trade dealz (and muh capital gains taxes). Then again, I'm an enormous hypocrite since I literally backed a corrupt presidential candidate in France because of tax cuts and labour market deregulation Tongue.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #191 on: November 13, 2017, 05:23:54 PM »

The governor has made only indications that she has no plans at this time to postpone the election. That obviously could change with Moore being fixed on the ballot for the December 12th election and at this rate probably blowing the election.

So does anyone know the last day the governor can still postpone the election currently set for December 12th? I assume she can't legally do it, say, the day before hand.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #192 on: November 13, 2017, 05:38:41 PM »
« Edited: November 13, 2017, 05:40:14 PM by #FakeGrumps »

Trump's endorsement of Brother Luther doesn't seem so strange now.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #193 on: November 13, 2017, 05:46:08 PM »

Trump actually managed to dodge a bullet on that one.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #194 on: November 13, 2017, 06:03:19 PM »

Until/unless Roy Moore is forced out of the race, I can't don a blue avatar with any dignity.

The Republican Party has hit a moral low. Let's just hope it's not a bottomless pit.

Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #195 on: November 13, 2017, 06:06:00 PM »

The governor has made only indications that she has no plans at this time to postpone the election. That obviously could change with Moore being fixed on the ballot for the December 12th election and at this rate probably blowing the election.

So does anyone know the last day the governor can still postpone the election currently set for December 12th? I assume she can't legally do it, say, the day before hand.

Absentee and overseas voters have already been casting ballots, I'm not sure what Alabama law actually says but I don't see how they would be allowed to change the date. If it's too late to change the ballot I would assume it's also too late to change the ballot day, no? At the very least cancelling an election this late in the game almost certainly runs afoul of MOVE or the Uniformed And Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #196 on: November 13, 2017, 06:35:26 PM »

Big time. Though if Trump knew just what a pussy grabber Moore really was he might have backed him all along.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #197 on: November 13, 2017, 07:10:10 PM »

Big time. Though if Trump knew just what a pussy grabber Moore really was he might have backed him all along.

Oh he knows. Needs votes not pussy
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #198 on: November 13, 2017, 07:37:51 PM »

This just gets sicker and sicker.

banned from the Gadsden Mall and the YMCA

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #199 on: November 13, 2017, 07:43:24 PM »

Rapin' Roy needs to go.

Another angle is that he purposely signed the yearbook the way he did with DA as an intimidation tactic... like "you just traaah goin' tuh the cops, sweetie pah"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies