Shooting at Texas church: At least 20 people dead, 30+ injured.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:51:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Shooting at Texas church: At least 20 people dead, 30+ injured.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Shooting at Texas church: At least 20 people dead, 30+ injured.  (Read 8038 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 05, 2017, 03:22:22 PM »
« edited: November 05, 2017, 03:24:00 PM by Virginia »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-church-scene-shooting-sunday-report/story?id=50945596

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/05/us/texas-church-shooting/index.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I wonder if it that was a mistake (20 people dead). CNN doesn't give specific numbers but the ABC article does.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 03:25:00 PM »

Time to break out the handy "Mass shooting in US checklist":
1. Send thoughts & prayers but not actually do anything useful✔
2. Argue over semantics of the term "assault rifle"✔
3. Argue over semantics of the term "terrorist" - if Muslim use it, if Christian/white use term "lone wolf" "mentally ill" "troubled past" ✔
4. Congress does nothing but NRA increases donations just in case ✔
5. Wait for next one, rinse,repeat
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 03:28:39 PM »

Can we just lock the thread now before TG has to clean up the mess then lock it 5 pages from now?
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 03:34:09 PM »

This town just lost 2% of it's population, Christ.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 03:37:16 PM »

Don't worry people, Trump is monitoring the situation from Japan! Thank God!
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 03:41:16 PM »

Sad
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2017, 03:43:16 PM »

3 of the 5 deadliest shootings ever have taken place in the last year and not. One. Thing. Is. Going. To. Change.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2017, 03:43:52 PM »

Can we just lock the thread now before TG has to clean up the mess then lock it 5 pages from now?

What do you want us to say? That 2 of the 4 deadliest shootings in the United states happend within 2 months of each other?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2017, 03:43:56 PM »

27 people being killed apparently just can't overcome your addiction to snark.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2017, 03:49:57 PM »

Its exhausting that after 86 people have been killed in less than 2 months that nothing is going to be done. I believe in god but these thoughts and prayers tweets by politicians in power are starting to sound condescending.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2017, 03:50:32 PM »

I know this is a hot take but I honestly feel this way: When I find out someone owns a gun, after everything that's happened over the years, I cannot help but hate them.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2017, 03:52:03 PM »

In all seriousness, Trump "monitoring" the situation from Japan is much pointless since it's a law enforcement issue right now that the President has nothing to do with. He just wanted to make the situation about him somehow.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2017, 03:52:44 PM »

Maybe Congress should do something about it then. At this point, when I see a mass shooting, I'm unphased. They're common place in this country now.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2017, 03:53:22 PM »

I know this is a hot take but I honestly feel this way: When I find out someone owns a gun, after everything that's happened over the years, I cannot help but hate them.

Then hate me all you want. I can promise you no one cares one bit that someone from an obscure Internet forum hates them.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2017, 03:53:28 PM »

In all seriousness, Trump "monitoring" the situation from Japan is much pointless since it's a law enforcement issue right now that the President has nothing to do with. He just wanted to make the situation about him somehow.

Not to take Trump's side here or anything but what the f**k do you want him to do?
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2017, 03:54:27 PM »

Then hate me all you want. I can promise you no one cares one bit that someone from an obscure Internet forum hates them.

I say this from the bottom of my heart: I hope you are mentally well and are not a danger to yourself or anyone else.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2017, 03:55:48 PM »

I say this from the bottom of my heart: I hope you are mentally well and are not a danger to yourself or anyone else.

Same to you.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2017, 03:57:11 PM »

You'd be moaning and groaning if he didn't say anything too. Seriously some people on this place, I feel bad for their mental situation after a year of constant hatred of a person.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2017, 03:58:44 PM »

Same to you.

Well the nice thing is if I ever snap and feel compelled to murder 3% of my town in the span of 10 minutes, I don't have the means to do it.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2017, 03:59:44 PM »

Same to you.

Well the nice thing is if I ever snap and feel compelled to murder 3% of my town in the span of 10 minutes, I don't have the means to do it.
You don't have a car?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2017, 04:00:13 PM »

Not to take Trump's side here or anything but what the f**k do you want him to do?

His "monitoring" the situation is pretty much just looking at the television while he stuffs his fat face with food. Law enforcement is playing the active role, not the President. He could have issued the standard "thoughts and prayers" and kept it moving.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2017, 04:00:56 PM »

His "monitoring" the situation is pretty much just looking at the television while he stuffs his fat face with food. Law enforcement is playing the active role, not the President. He could have issued the standard "thoughts and prayers" and kept it moving.
That's what he did...
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2017, 04:01:07 PM »

Then you'd bitch that "thoughts and prayers" aren't enough.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2017, 04:01:34 PM »

Casualty count now stands at 27 dead, 27 injured. Since the congregation was about 50, this indicates that virtually every person in the church was shot. Unspeakable.

http://abcn.ws/2yxeulg
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2017, 04:02:41 PM »

You'd be moaning and groaning if he didn't say anything too. Seriously some people on this place, I feel bad for their mental situation after a year of constant hatred of a person.

Didn't we just live through 8 years of the Republican Party's constant hatred for Obama, or am I just imagining things?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies