Will the #BanAllMen movement hurt Democrats in 2020?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:11:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Will the #BanAllMen movement hurt Democrats in 2020?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Will the #BanAllMen movement hurt Democrats in 2020?  (Read 7698 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2017, 08:57:12 PM »

So I googled this hashtag and the fifth hit is this very thread.

Clearly a widespread and notable movement.
Possiblymaybe
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2017, 09:05:09 PM »

There is definitely a bigotry among many SJWs against straight cis white males. You don't make up for past discrimination by turning the tables.
Poor fragile straight white men 😭
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2017, 09:13:16 PM »

If anything, it should help us. Did you see how the men voted last time? Get rid of 'em!
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2017, 09:26:11 PM »

#BanMilitantFeminazis

Think that’s something most of us can agree on

Militant regular Nazis are fine, though?

No No Nazis are. Or commies either for that matter...
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2017, 09:37:17 PM »

If anything, it should help us. Did you see how the men voted last time? Get rid of 'em!
Really, why don’t we just ban everyone from voting?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2017, 09:38:33 PM »

Of course it will. Donald Trump is a LOCK for re-election-deplorables are the majority. GOP has a permanent majority-political correctness makes WI, PA, MI solid R. Dems are toxic beyond repair, adjusting for fake polls means Trump approval is actually at 60%. Dems have no path other than WWC, Trump has them all on lock because they pay attention to this and it matters to them. Called it.

/s
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2017, 07:17:34 AM »

If this is actually a thing, the Dems will distance themselves from it. They'll pass it off as not aligning with the Democratic party, which would be true.

Absolutely categorically untrue comment. The Democrats would not comment on it at all. Activists and supporters would be split between secretly supporting it and insisting it was irrelevant and therefore unnecessary to condemn, just like they are doing in this very thread right here.

Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2017, 07:40:11 AM »

If this is actually a thing, the Dems will distance themselves from it. They'll pass it off as not aligning with the Democratic party, which would be true.

Absolutely categorically untrue comment. The Democrats would not comment on it at all. Activists and supporters would be split between secretly supporting it and insisting it was irrelevant and therefore unnecessary to condemn, just like they are doing in this very thread right here.

The Democratic establish would condemn it and move on. Gender equality is a major Democratic ideal and this movement directly contradicts that. The establishment doesn’t want to associate with it and risk losing their male voters.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2017, 08:06:48 AM »

The Democratic establish would condemn it and move on. Gender equality is a major Democratic ideal and this movement directly contradicts that. The establishment doesn’t want to associate with it and risk losing their male voters.

Who exactly would condemn it? When has anyone in the Democratic Party leadership ever condemned a leftist hashtag?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2017, 08:24:10 AM »

They don't because leftist hashtags are either something that the party backs or totally irrelevant. This falls into the latter category. As I noted THIS VERY THREAD is the fifth hit for a Google search on it. If you search it on Twitter it's so infrequently used that results go back to September, and just about every use of it is sarcastic or being used to make a point about people calling for banning Muslims or whatever. It is not a "movement" by any reasonable definition of the word.
JonHawk
JHawk
Rookie

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2017, 11:53:35 AM »

Openly many liberal Dems wouldn't support as it would be the death of their party.. but there's a difference between saying and thinking it.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2017, 04:47:25 PM »

Only if it exists in 2020
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2017, 04:54:53 PM »

Who exactly would condemn it? When has anyone in the Democratic Party leadership ever condemned a leftist hashtag?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2017, 05:49:05 PM »

As I noted THIS VERY THREAD is the fifth hit for a Google search on it.

Yay! Bronz made a difference!
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2017, 06:00:18 PM »

The what movement?
Medal506
United States

« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2017, 11:20:05 AM »

I'm not sure but I know that Black Live Matter, Antifia and the resist movement will hurt the democrats in 2018 and 2020
James Monroe

« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2017, 11:58:48 AM »

I'm not sure but I know that Black Live Matter, Antifia and the resist movement will hurt the democrats in 2018 and 2020

Bigoted voters aren't going to vote for Democrats, no matter the platform. Resistance movement is going to help the party growth in the next three years, with Trump scandals pilling up and having a lack of accomplishments. Republicans are going to have something if they want to continue their hold in Washington.
Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2017, 12:18:37 PM »

Bigoted voters aren't going to vote for Democrats, no matter the platform. Resistance movement is going to help the party growth in the next three years, with Trump scandals pilling up and having a lack of accomplishments. Republicans are going to have something if they want to continue their hold in Washington.

The "Resistance" movement will backfire on the Democratic Party on a level with McGovern's leftism and Mondale's tax increases.  Watch.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2017, 01:39:28 PM »

Yes, these kind of movements do hurt electorally. The sentiment of them, for those who care to actually listen, is not that off-base though. It's just that straight cis white men are often incapable of humbling themselves enough to see that it's possible they just might occasionally play into a regrettable culture that puts Others down. They put up such big blinders because, frankly, they're the most emotionally insecure voting block in the country.

I guess Obama was one of the few politicians who could get away with upholding the truth of all this without bruising the fragility of this key group. Being a man was a huge plus. And sadly it'll probably take another man to pull it off.
Medal506
United States

« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2017, 05:02:37 PM »

Normal everyday voters don't like people who beat other people up, cause riots, and kill police officers just cause they don't get their way.
Anti-Globalist

« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2017, 08:03:33 PM »

Normal everyday voters don't like people who beat other people up, cause riots, and kill police officers just cause they don't get their way.
Correct, the simple fact people are creating such threads show how worried they are, and they should be, even the #resist moviment, a bunch of sore lose white liberals is already going to do damage, let alone things like BLM, #BanAllMen, Antifa and white guilt movements.

People hate to be disrupted by violent protesters, hate being called racists, hate being considering the cancer of the world because of what they are. Whites could start vote like a minority soon, not WWC only, gen Z is already like that, basically the only thing left for democrats will be white liberals and they are 20% of the white vote.
SCNCmod

« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2017, 01:49:01 AM »

I'm not sure this exist???  But as a dude myself... I do think the 2020 ticket should include a Female & a Minority (or a female minority)... after all females & minorities make up the majority and backbone of the party.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2017, 02:36:31 AM »

Yes, these kind of movements do hurt electorally. The sentiment of them, for those who care to actually listen, is not that off-base though. It's just that straight cis white men are often incapable of humbling themselves enough to see that it's possible they just might occasionally play into a regrettable culture that puts Others down. They put up such big blinders because, frankly, they're the most emotionally insecure voting block in the country.

I guess Obama was one of the few politicians who could get away with upholding the truth of all this without bruising the fragility of this key group. Being a man was a huge plus. And sadly it'll probably take another man to pull it off.

It's not the hashtags themselves that are hurting the Democratic Party. It's the sentiment behind them that is hurting the Democratic Party. The type of sentiment expressed in the quoted comment above. This is very representative of mainstream Democratic officialdom. Why on Earth would a white person want to vote for a party whose leaders believe this?
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2017, 02:42:18 AM »

The "Resistance" movement will backfire on the Democratic Party on a level with McGovern's leftism and Mondale's tax increases.  Watch.

The "Resistance" has 0 room for growth. It's made up exclusively of wealthy media wonks and has no crossover appeal. WCWs don't like it because it's economically centrist. The left doesn't like it for the same reason and because it's not Black and trans enough.

The Democrats might very well win the 2020 election but it will be because of demographic changes, not because of Keith Olbermann tweets.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2017, 09:21:48 AM »

Well then its a good thing the Democratic Party is very unlikely to nominate anyone who supports any of that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies