Hot, Bad & Unpopular Takes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 08:41:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Hot, Bad & Unpopular Takes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 74
Author Topic: Hot, Bad & Unpopular Takes  (Read 142645 times)
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2017, 02:22:05 AM »

Here's some more:

- Late Night comics aren't even remotely funny
- New Jersey > New York
- LBJ > JFK
- I support Theresa May over Jeremy Corbyn
- A flat 20% income tax is a good idea
- We need to be stricter on illegal immigration (but I still support a path to citizenship)
- Medicare for All is a terrible idea, just model Germany's system and we'll be fine.
- I don't like how cheating has been normalized nowadays. When I'm dating someone, I'm loyal to her and I (expect) she's loyal to me.
- Smoking weed is unhealthy
- We need to remove the Clintonite and Bernout cults of the Democratic Party and start fresh. Both are extremely toxic in their own ways. Both are self-absorbed, snotty groups who just make it easier for the Republicans to govern autocratically.
- Phil Murphy will be a terrible governor, and I will vote for a Republican in 2021 over him, unless he's REALLY good. Seriously, is Murphy the best we could do when we have a Republican governor in SINGLE DIGIT approval ratings?
- I enjoy flying

There's probably a bunch I forgot to list.
Tbf these just make you sound like a clingy control freak.
This man speaks the truth.

It's an unpopular opinion to dislike Seinfeld. It's a bad opinion to call your political opponents cultists.
I call Bernouts and Clintonites cultists and everyone loses their goddamn minds.
dax00

« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2017, 02:26:35 AM »

Unions need to be destroyed. That is the only surefire way to bring about revolution and rebuild society anew/better.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2017, 02:42:17 AM »

Here's some more:

- New Jersey > New York
- LBJ > JFK
- We need to be stricter on illegal immigration (but I still support a path to citizenship)
- Medicare for All is a terrible idea, just model Germany's system and we'll be fine.
- I don't like how cheating has been normalized nowadays. When I'm dating someone, I'm loyal to her and I (expect) she's loyal to me.
- We need to remove the Clintonite and Bernout cults of the Democratic Party and start fresh. Both are extremely toxic in their own ways. Both are self-absorbed, snotty groups who just make it easier for the Republicans to govern autocratically.
- Phil Murphy will be a terrible governor, and I will vote for a Republican in 2021 over him, unless he's REALLY good. Seriously, is Murphy the best we could do when we have a Republican governor in SINGLE DIGIT approval ratings?
- I enjoy flying

It's an unpopular opinion to dislike Seinfeld. It's a bad opinion to call your political opponents cultists.
I call Bernouts and Clintonites cultists and everyone loses their goddamn minds.
Snowguy was making a fair critique about the nonsense you wrote about “loyalty” and how cheating is acceptable these days (what?)

But no, I was being the uncharitable c*nt. Namely because most of those are hilariously bad.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2017, 04:07:34 AM »

Defining a political ideology by a series of platform planks is silly and altogether misses the point, that being that your outlook is formed by philosophical notions about what constitutes "good government".

Work is fundamental to people finding meaning in their lives. The currently common discontent relates more to destructive management ideologies than to any intrinsic problem with working 40 hours a week.

Government is responsible to the people that it governs, and is ethically obligated to put the interests of its citizens first. As they give their consent to the formation of public institutions for their betterment, it is well within their rights to complain if those institutions work against their betterment.

To that effect, the European Union as a political entity is a thoroughly negative development, whose main purpose is to remove government from a position where it may be held accountable by those people who grant it legitimacy. The European Union as an economic entity is still a positive institution, though that may change in the future as government holds power over economy.
SamTilden2020

« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2017, 10:10:55 AM »

The administration of Hayes is illegitimate and should not have happened.

By that same logic, Al Franken should NOT be class 2 senator of MN, and Norm Coleman should still be in senate.

However, I don't believe Dino Rossi should've been Governor.

Complain about my contradiction if you must.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2017, 12:30:18 PM »

Jfern is a quality poster.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2017, 01:03:51 PM »

Not as strong, but jfern is a decent poster with valid points.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2017, 01:04:06 PM »

Here's some more:

- New Jersey > New York
- LBJ > JFK
- I enjoy flying

Snowguy was making a fair critique about the nonsense you wrote about “loyalty” and how cheating is acceptable these days (what?)

But no, I was being the uncharitable c*nt. Namely because most of those are hilariously bad.
It's not like this is the Unpopular/Bad Opinions thread or something
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2017, 01:34:54 PM »

This also the EU is a bad idea in practice and I don't care if it dissolves.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2017, 02:49:00 PM »

I'm a European-style liberal conservative who doesn't like the EU and thinks that the US should pursue policies of fair trade along with free trade.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2017, 02:54:30 PM »

Modern Art sucks and Baroque Gothic needs to be restored to its proper glory.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2017, 03:10:33 PM »

I absolutely L-O-V-E Cersei Lannister
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2017, 03:11:38 PM »

BRTD's Foot Fetish isn't disgusting.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2017, 03:13:43 PM »

All of the Kennedys are trash and have been a remarkably destructive force to the left in America.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2017, 03:17:36 PM »

Oh and I think that democrats should focus on making gains with college educated and minorities instead of the rurals
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2017, 03:43:46 PM »

This is the worst opinion I've seen on here so far.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2017, 03:45:30 PM »

This is the worst opinion I've seen on here so far.
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2017, 04:02:12 PM »

the core idea of the European Union is Cool and Good; and Freedom of Movement is the only thing that makes the damn thing work.  The idea that it should because a purely free-trade based economic union ignores the reason why the EU is generally pretty popular amongst most people in most member states.

Also this thread reveals the ignorance that the average Atlas poster seems to have when considering migration and racial issues in Europe.

Defining a political ideology by a series of platform planks is silly and altogether misses the point, that being that your outlook is formed by philosophical notions about what constitutes "good government".

believe that you meant to post this is the "good and correct" opinions thread
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2017, 05:47:06 PM »

If Trump had nominated Monica Lewinsky or any other Bill accuser as his running mate I'd have voted for him.

I would've been more fun (in a Joker/nihilistic/chaotic kind of way) to appoint them as Director of the FBI or sas ome other high ranking investigator.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2017, 08:48:55 PM »

I think Varg Vikernes was acting in self-defense when he killed Euronymous.

this is a sh**tty thing to believe
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2017, 09:13:37 PM »
« Edited: October 29, 2017, 10:22:36 PM by Senator Scott, PPT🍂 »

I think Varg Vikernes was acting in self-defense when he killed Euronymous.

this is a sh**tty thing to believe

Euronymous was a very disturbed individual who repeatedly threatened to kill people and told a mutual friend of Varg over the phone, whilst Varg was listening in, that he had plans to capture him, tie him to a tree, torture him to death, and make a snuff film out of it.  Despite this, the court decided that although Euronymous did indeed intend to do these things, Varg "couldn't have known about it," and that he killed Euronymous "without reason."  Although Varg didn't even go to Euronymous' apartment intending to "strike first" or anything; Euronymous attacked him when Varg only wanted to settle a record dispute and therefore have less reason to be around Euronymous in the future.  This is according to Varg himself and the people who were with him at the time.

I'm not suggesting that Varg is a good human being because he's not; I just doubt that murder was his intent that night.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2017, 09:15:10 PM »

Hillary would've won against the other GOP candidates, and Trump would've won the PV too against Bernie. The actual 2016 was a perfect cancellation coin flip campaign, with Comeyghazi being what called it to not just Trump but the GOP too.

RoJo, Burr, Blunt, Tumor would've been axed as well, with Feingold running ahead of Hillary by precisely the same margin he lost.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2017, 09:20:33 PM »

-Not being satisfied with the direction of the GOP over the last year or two AND also not wanting a Kasich-mold party (I want a Cruz/Bevin/Rubio/Walker/Pence-type party).

-The only conspiracy theory I have ever been willing to even consider is the Seth Rich one.  All others are ridiculously stupid.

-Life comes before anything else.  As I have said numerous times, apart from violence, the ends of ending abortion justify the means entirely.

-I believe that marriage is between a man and a woman.

-Marijuana should remain illegal.

-I waffle on the merits of reinstating alcohol prohibition.  I lean towards saying that it would do more harm than good, but drinking should be strongly frowned on by society (and be something that no one would admit to doing in public).

-If alcohol were to disappear, the majority of crime would instantly disappear as well- especially sex crime, which would be virtually eradicated.

-We should repeal the 16th Amendment.  I would replace all taxes with a very low rate consumption tax.

-Social Security, Medicare, Medicade, and all entitlement programs should be gradually phased out.  They are the type of thing that there would be no need for if they didn't exist because people would get themselves out of poverty.

-There should be no minimum wage or licensing requirements at all.  They just harm business.

-People arguing against free trade and immigration are afraid of the free market.  I do support a strong border, but it should be significantly easier to come here legally.

-We need to stop talking about race- it's the only way for the last traces of racism to disappear.

-There is no such thing as "separation of church and state" in the Constitution.  It just means that you can't be forced to follow any religion, but all of our elected officials should act in accordance with their faith- and religious beliefs are a good enough justification for any political stance.

-I also support a PSA campaign to discourage secularism.  It wouldn't be targeted at what religion you follow, as long as it is one that encourages traditional family values.  Secularism is a far greater threat to our society than Islam is.  Society should go back to looking at someone funny if they aren't going to church/another religious service on a Sunday morning.

-Transgenderism isn't real, and there are two genders.  Gender and sex are the same thing, and "gender identity" is completely made up.  I go back and forth on whether or not sex changes should be illegal.  The more pressing problem is that scientists are not looking for a cure to gender dysphoria (and homosexuality, for that matter) out of fear for left-wing PC activists.

-Planned Parenthood is the most racist organization with any influence in society today.

-The left wants to divide us up into "identities" for political goals.  They figure if they can get enough "identities"/demographics to feel like they need protection (and that Democrats are the only ones who can protect them), they can win elections.

-I am completely bored by any talk of Russia and just want it to go away, whatever the outcome is.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2017, 09:23:15 PM »

I don’t think straight-up lies count as opinions.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2017, 09:30:48 PM »

I don’t think straight-up lies count as opinions.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies