Hot, Bad & Unpopular Takes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 08:36:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Hot, Bad & Unpopular Takes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 ... 74
Author Topic: Hot, Bad & Unpopular Takes  (Read 142642 times)
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1650 on: December 20, 2018, 05:51:49 PM »

*breathes in slowly*

*exhales*

Both Cruz and O'Rourke are FFs.
AudmanOut
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1651 on: December 20, 2018, 11:07:49 PM »

I don’t like Ojeda.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #1652 on: December 20, 2018, 11:42:45 PM »

People who voted Republican in 2018 but not in 2016 are generally a more deplorable set of people than those who voted Republican in 2016 but not in 2018.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1653 on: December 21, 2018, 02:53:29 AM »

The electoral college would be a good system of it abolished the 435 representative rule and the representative quantity increases by decade along with population, to help create a semi stronger balance of it being like the popular vote while also avoiding the hassle of an amendment
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1654 on: December 21, 2018, 11:11:29 AM »

People who voted Republican in 2018 but not in 2016 are generally a more deplorable set of people than those who voted Republican in 2016 but not in 2018.

People who voted Republican in 2020 but not in 2018 are generally a more deplorable set of people than those who voted Republican in 2018 but not in 2020.

People who voted Republican in 2022 but not in 2020 are generally a more deplorable set of people than those who voted Republican in 2020 but not in 2022.

People who voted Republican in 2024 but not in 2022 are generally a more deplorable set of people than those who voted Republican in 2022 but not in 2024.

People who voted Republican in 2026 but not in 2024 are generally a more deplorable set of people than those who voted Republican in 2024 but not in 2026.

People who voted Republican in 2028 but not in 2026 are generally a more deplorable set of people than those who voted Republican in 2026 but not in 2028.

Just thought I would give you these so you can use 'em over again, Solid.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #1655 on: December 21, 2018, 09:52:23 PM »

Whenever a judge in any court (such as District, Circuit, or Supreme) leaves their position (such as in death or resignation or retirement or impeachment, etc), then the seat should be declared eliminated; not vacant; and then only way to create new seats (or recreate eliminated seats) should be to pass legislation specifically expanding the size of the court and stipulating how many seats are to be added.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #1656 on: December 23, 2018, 07:33:38 PM »

Being overly loud or obnoxious in a public place (i.e., a lobby of a bank, doctor's office, the DMV, etc.) - even if you are laughing with a friend or being "friendly" with the receptionist or something - is not a sign of your overwhelmingly positive nature or good spirit ... it's a character flaw that demonstrates a ridiculously oblivious nature and self-centered attitude.  The types of jolly old idiots who sit through a short green light because they were laughing with the person in the front seat, and then they speed through the intersection as it turns yellow, if you will.
You would hate Cajun country.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1657 on: December 23, 2018, 08:33:11 PM »

Being overly loud or obnoxious in a public place (i.e., a lobby of a bank, doctor's office, the DMV, etc.) - even if you are laughing with a friend or being "friendly" with the receptionist or something - is not a sign of your overwhelmingly positive nature or good spirit ... it's a character flaw that demonstrates a ridiculously oblivious nature and self-centered attitude.  The types of jolly old idiots who sit through a short green light because they were laughing with the person in the front seat, and then they speed through the intersection as it turns yellow, if you will.

WASPs are well-trained to despise personal expression, something I admire of them.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1658 on: December 24, 2018, 12:47:01 AM »

I agree if they do it on purpose
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1659 on: December 24, 2018, 10:03:59 AM »

WASPs are well-trained to despise personal expression, something I admire of them.

Have we officially done away with the English ancestry requirement in being a WASP?  It would make sense in today's society if the term is still meant to symbolize privilege - being of German and Swedish descent is hardly the "notable" factor to one's identity that it was back in the day - but I'd argue at that point, White Catholics should be included, rendering the term even more useless than it already is. Tongue
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1660 on: December 24, 2018, 12:29:57 PM »

Have we officially done away with the English ancestry requirement in being a WASP?  It would make sense in today's society if the term is still meant to symbolize privilege - being of German and Swedish descent is hardly the "notable" factor to one's identity that it was back in the day - but I'd argue at that point, White Catholics should be included, rendering the term even more useless than it already is. Tongue

I mean, I've been called an aspiring WASP (by a guy that dresses sharper than I usually do), and I don't even dress that WASPy (though that's part of the implication), so I suppose it would have to have something to do with personal conduct and/or aspirations at this point.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1661 on: December 25, 2018, 03:27:47 AM »

I really don’t like the fairly far left wing of the Democratic party (I only have the Ocasio sig for 5 more days since I lost a bet), but I have a big soft spot for prairie populists like Scholten and Rob Quist.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1662 on: December 25, 2018, 03:32:28 AM »

Beto and most potential 2020 Democrats are both very progressive if you were judging them from the perspective of a few years ago and have plenty of commendable positions and at the same time have serious faults in their record and are likely inferior to candidates that are even more progressive-and furthermore ideology is a minor factor in electability and authenticity and charisma are what really matter and the more moderate candidates therefore may actually be less electable.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1663 on: December 25, 2018, 07:13:39 AM »

Usable organs should be harvested from the deceased with no regard to muh family wishes.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1664 on: December 25, 2018, 08:29:06 AM »

The hot takes on Jesus and the border wall on Christmas are cheap, if not idiotic. They were in Bethlehem to be taxed, not as refugees.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #1665 on: December 25, 2018, 08:38:01 AM »

The hot takes on Jesus and the border wall on Christmas are cheap, if not idiotic. They were in Bethlehem to be taxed, not as refugees.

I understand your point, but that’s due to poor framing by ill-informed tweeters looking to make a quick point.
Mary and Joseph’s time as refugees was their stay in Egypt, after fleeing Herod’s slaughter of the Bethlehem infants (Matthew 2:13-23)
Their flight and exile to a foreign, suspicious land fits them into that category. Compared to that, their time in Bethlehem was a tax-induced road trip with poor accommodation.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1666 on: December 25, 2018, 09:55:02 AM »

I understand your point, but that’s due to poor framing by ill-informed tweeters looking to make a quick point.
Mary and Joseph’s time as refugees was their stay in Egypt, after fleeing Herod’s slaughter of the Bethlehem infants (Matthew 2:13-23)
Their flight and exile to a foreign, suspicious land fits them into that category. Compared to that, their time in Bethlehem was a tax-induced road trip with poor accommodation.

Thank you. I guess it’s on me that such an event had slipped my mind. Nevertheless, it’s not as though their flight to Egypt is part of the popularly-known version of the tale (and yes, it may be in movies, but seriously, who talks about it?), so the analogy is of reduced utility.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1667 on: December 26, 2018, 01:40:49 AM »

Well the Floridian economy is booming, he is brave ex navy man, he has done a lot for trying to stop red tide and shore up the hoover dike as governor even though it was not even his job to do, he is an inclusive consensus builder, not afraid to embrace the Puerto Rican community and champions for statehood, he's not a racist like a lot of his party these days, he did not run like a total Trumpist scumbag like DeSantis, he worked with both sides to actually get some stuff done for once and sign common sense gun control, and took a big hit from an A+ to a C from the NRA, and in doing so, he did not get support from them this time.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1668 on: December 26, 2018, 10:26:43 AM »

Thank you. I guess it’s on me that such an event had slipped my mind. Nevertheless, it’s not as though their flight to Egypt is part of the popularly-known version of the tale (and yes, it may be in movies, but seriously, who talks about it?), so the analogy is of reduced utility.

No shame...these are surely the same people who worked on Hillary's campaign and changed campaign matetial text around because they didn't understand the biblical allusions in the original text and couldn't connect with real Americans.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1669 on: December 26, 2018, 10:27:13 AM »

Most people kicked off of social media probably acted in such a way that made it appropriate for them to be banned (albeit, this may have not been the reason for the ban).
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #1670 on: December 27, 2018, 08:45:51 AM »

When he was alive (on the show), I would've been a supporter of Pres. Frank Underwood (IRL).
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1671 on: December 27, 2018, 09:40:42 AM »

When he was alive (on the show), I would've been a supporter of Pres. Frank Underwood (IRL).

Same
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1672 on: December 27, 2018, 06:08:52 PM »

Same
really? Now that surprises me. Why?
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1673 on: December 27, 2018, 06:23:27 PM »

Same
really? Now that surprises me. Why?

Frank’s cool bruh
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1674 on: December 27, 2018, 06:48:23 PM »

I don’t like any of the Home Alone movies.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies