Hot, Bad & Unpopular Takes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 07:49:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Hot, Bad & Unpopular Takes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 74
Author Topic: Hot, Bad & Unpopular Takes  (Read 142639 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1625 on: December 18, 2018, 03:12:19 PM »

I was really hoping that we would get a big stock market crash a month before the midterms this year.
Same, Not a stock market crash but a bad recession, i’m Still hoping one happens right before 2020.

I too hope the turn-of-the-century babies become a completely lost generation much like those hopeless souls born in '84 to '88 that give millennials such a bad name.
Same to you. Of course judging by you’re posts you lost your soul a lot time ago.

I don't know what "Same to you" means considering I didn't say anything to you - thus this has absolutely no meaning - even worse than the grammatical error pointed out by the ever rule-abiding Cathcon. The rest of your statement is deeply ironic given the hateful and uneducated bile you just spit up all over this thread. As I had not wished ill on you initially, I shall now: may the next recession hit when you graduate college so that you can feel its painful effects your whole life long, you insensitive jerk. You've earned it. I weep for the effects of the recoil felt by your peers.
AudmanOut
United States

« Reply #1626 on: December 18, 2018, 03:15:38 PM »

I was really hoping that we would get a big stock market crash a month before the midterms this year.
Same, Not a stock market crash but a bad recession, i’m Still hoping one happens right before 2020.

I too hope the turn-of-the-century babies become a completely lost generation much like those hopeless souls born in '84 to '88 that give millennials such a bad name.
Same to you. Of course judging by you’re posts you lost your soul a lot time ago.

I don't know what "Same to you" means considering I didn't say anything to you - thus this has absolutely no meaning - even worse than the grammatical error pointed out by the ever rule-abiding Cathcon. The rest of your statement is deeply ironic given the hateful and uneducated bile you just spit up all over this thread. As I had not wished ill on you initially, I shall now: may the next recession hit when you graduate college so that you can feel its painful effects your whole life long, you insensitive jerk. You've earned it. I weep for the effects of the recoil felt by your peers.
Why?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1627 on: December 18, 2018, 05:39:40 PM »

*your

And smilo is a forum treasure. It’s not his fault you are trapped by paradigm.

LOL, at least he corrected himself in time for the second "your." Tongue
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1628 on: December 18, 2018, 06:21:50 PM »

Abortion should be legal but row should be overturned.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #1629 on: December 18, 2018, 08:44:34 PM »

Criminalizing participation in a political boycott is always wrong, regardless of whether or not the boycott itself is justified.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1630 on: December 18, 2018, 08:49:06 PM »

So y'all want the country to do bad just so that you can gain political points? I know that's the point of the thread, but that's horrible. You should always hope for the best for economy, your people, your leader, and your country, no matter what party is in charge.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1631 on: December 18, 2018, 09:01:12 PM »

Baby names have gotten way to creative over the last five years or so.  There always will be trends with them, but some of the ones we hear today wouldn't have been considered first names at all 10 years ago.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1632 on: December 18, 2018, 09:15:37 PM »

So y'all want the country to do bad just so that you can gain political points? I know that's the point of the thread, but that's horrible. You should always hope for the best for economy, your people, your leader, and your country, no matter what party is in charge.

Mostly, but I wish Trump no good.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1633 on: December 18, 2018, 09:50:55 PM »

Also Rick Scott is the best GOP governor in the past couple decades.
AudmanOut
United States

« Reply #1634 on: December 19, 2018, 04:36:07 AM »

You are truly evil.
AudmanOut
United States

« Reply #1635 on: December 19, 2018, 04:59:55 AM »

That’s a outdated concept, also trump is a evil racist man who deserves to lose in a landslide whatever it takes.
AudmanOut
United States

« Reply #1636 on: December 19, 2018, 05:04:22 AM »
« Edited: December 19, 2018, 05:07:54 AM by AudmanOut »

Also putin should be killed.

And there should be a world supreme court.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1637 on: December 19, 2018, 05:20:14 AM »

I do think a recession could alter the political climate to a position where the country would in the long term benefit because it could cause us to address the fundamental problems we face but openly rooting for a recession on the surface because it’d solely cause the GOP to lose in 2020 is VERY immature and partisan
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1638 on: December 19, 2018, 08:48:48 AM »

That’s a outdated concept, also trump is a evil racist man who deserves to lose in a landslide whatever it takes.

Okay, okay, here, let's unpack this one by one.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

That's completely objective. I could just as easily defend the Lincoln assassination by saying "Oh, Lincoln was a racist, he didn't want blacks and whites to be equal, he just didn't like slavery!" Saying Trump is evil and racist is very cliché, as everybody says this, but nobody provides any proof besides his hatred of illegal immigration, which doesn't target any particular people/race/ethnicity, therefore it's not racist.

Also, learn to capitalize names, like "Trump." Sure, defend it all you want by saying "Trump doesn't deserve to have his name capitalized," because you're just looking like an idiot who doesn't know how to English. While we're at it, don't say "a" before a vowel. It should be AN evil, racist man.

Whatever it takes? Okay, I'm fine with you wanting someone you don't like to lose re-election. That's how democracy works. However, whatever it takes? Are you willing to collude with foreign governments so long as mean orange man doesn't win in 2020? Are you willing to wiretap Trump's residency so that poopy tangerine bully doesn't get a second term? Are you willing to slaughter millions of innocent Trump supporters in concentration camps just so dumb dumb hair man doesn't reach 270 electoral votes? After all, if you're willing to do "whatever it takes," then you're probably going to say yes.

I honestly couldn't sum up my argument any better than YE just did. (Oh yeah, he's a Democrat, I'm a Republican. You don't have to have the same color avatar to agree on something.)

I do think a recession could alter the political climate to a position where the country would in the long term benefit because it could cause us to address the fundamental problems we face but openly rooting for a recession on the surface because it’d solely cause the GOP to lose in 2020 is VERY immature and partisan
scutosaurus
United States

« Reply #1639 on: December 19, 2018, 11:19:23 AM »

Your Rick Scott fetishism is among the strangest things on this site. He's not even the best GOP governor of a state touching Florida right now, much less the best GOP governor anywhere in the past couple decades.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1640 on: December 19, 2018, 11:57:59 AM »

Like every other take in this thread, they know not what they say

Your Rick Scott fetishism is among the strangest things on this site. He's not even the best GOP governor of a state touching Florida right now, much less the best GOP governor anywhere in the past couple decades.
You tell 'em, Mr. 'Bennet or Bust'!
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1641 on: December 19, 2018, 12:38:59 PM »

Pizza in the united states, in general, is infinitely better than Pizza in Italy.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1642 on: December 19, 2018, 12:40:46 PM »

Pizza in the united states, in general, is infinitely better than Pizza in Italy.

Honestly, they are - for the most part - so different that I find it hard to compare.  Possibly the best pizza I ever had was in Montepulciano, but that type of pizza is pretty hard to compare to a deep dish pizza or even thin crust in the United States, IMO.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #1643 on: December 19, 2018, 12:45:26 PM »

Honestly, they are - for the most part - so different that I find it hard to compare.  Possibly the best pizza I ever had was in Montepulciano, but that type of pizza is pretty hard to compare to a deep dish pizza or even thin crust in the United States, IMO.

I wouldn't say they're objectively better, but I do have to say I much prefer American pizzas to Italian ones.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1644 on: December 19, 2018, 06:50:06 PM »

Now this is an image I’d want to see whenever I’m dreaming in peace

AudmanOut
United States

« Reply #1645 on: December 20, 2018, 12:48:01 AM »
« Edited: December 20, 2018, 01:07:15 AM by AudmanOut »

Okay, okay, here, let's unpack this one by one.

That's completely objective. I could just as easily defend the Lincoln assassination by saying "Oh, Lincoln was a racist, he didn't want blacks and whites to be equal, he just didn't like slavery!" Saying Trump is evil and racist is very cliché, as everybody says this, but nobody provides any proof besides his hatred of illegal immigration, which doesn't target any particular people/race/ethnicity, therefore it's not racist.

Also, learn to capitalize names, like "Trump." Sure, defend it all you want by saying "Trump doesn't deserve to have his name capitalized," because you're just looking like an idiot who doesn't know how to English. While we're at it, don't say "a" before a vowel. It should be AN evil, racist man.

Whatever it takes? Okay, I'm fine with you wanting someone you don't like to lose re-election. That's how democracy works. However, whatever it takes? Are you willing to collude with foreign governments so long as mean orange man doesn't win in 2020? Are you willing to wiretap Trump's residency so that poopy tangerine bully doesn't get a second term? Are you willing to slaughter millions of innocent Trump supporters in concentration camps just so dumb dumb hair man doesn't reach 270 electoral votes? After all, if you're willing to do "whatever it takes," then you're probably going to say yes.

I honestly couldn't sum up my argument any better than YE just did. (Oh yeah, he's a Democrat, I'm a Republican. You don't have to have the same color avatar to agree on something.)

I didn’t mean I wanted a recession i meant That i think a recession is inevitable kind of like what bill maher thinks will happen, plus like ye said a recession could help America in the long run.

Also you do know is it the unpopular opinion theard right? Do you understand what goes in here?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1646 on: December 20, 2018, 02:49:02 AM »

I think if a recession happens it should happen before the 2020 election not after as therefore this will ensure that there is leadership that can implement the right policies to resolve it and set the country on the right track. The ideal ofc has to be no recession at all as recessions are harmful to people's livelihoods and everyone is better off with a prosperous economy(though perhaps not as better off as they should be).
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1647 on: December 20, 2018, 02:54:48 AM »

So based on that, he’s the best GOP governor in decades and not actual policy?
AudmanOut
United States

« Reply #1648 on: December 20, 2018, 04:01:21 AM »

So based on that, he’s the best GOP governor in decades and not actual policy?
Bagel isn’t very smart you see.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1649 on: December 20, 2018, 11:36:14 AM »

Being overly loud or obnoxious in a public place (i.e., a lobby of a bank, doctor's office, the DMV, etc.) - even if you are laughing with a friend or being "friendly" with the receptionist or something - is not a sign of your overwhelmingly positive nature or good spirit ... it's a character flaw that demonstrates a ridiculously oblivious nature and self-centered attitude.  The types of jolly old idiots who sit through a short green light because they were laughing with the person in the front seat, and then they speed through the intersection as it turns yellow, if you will.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies