Hot, Bad & Unpopular Takes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 04:32:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Hot, Bad & Unpopular Takes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 74
Author Topic: Hot, Bad & Unpopular Takes  (Read 142475 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1600 on: December 07, 2018, 06:43:06 PM »

Netflix should have ads. Like a 30 second one before any movie or TV show.

I'll explain more in detail why if you like, but basically their subscription income only business model is in the long term not compatible with providing a wide variety of quality, especially licensed.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1601 on: December 13, 2018, 07:47:22 PM »

The only things that are Fake News are National Enquirer and The Onion.
AudmanOut
United States

« Reply #1602 on: December 13, 2018, 11:16:27 PM »

It should be mandatory for girls under 20 to have an abortion if they get pregnant.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1603 on: December 13, 2018, 11:21:04 PM »

It should be mandatory for girls under 20 to have an abortion if they get pregnant.
Jesus. You need Jesus.
AudmanOut
United States

« Reply #1604 on: December 13, 2018, 11:29:57 PM »

Jesus. You need Jesus.
Watching those teen mom type shows have convinced me that teenage girls are incapable of taking care of babies.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #1605 on: December 13, 2018, 11:56:58 PM »

The conflicts of interests inherent in allowing judges appointed by elected officials the jurisdiction of cases relating to electoral issues are a huge problem if they exist, and nations that have the potential for such feedback loops can never truly be considered real democracies.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1606 on: December 14, 2018, 12:22:59 AM »

Not unpopular in my neck of the woods, but worldwide it certainly is: In education, growth is more important than achievement.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1607 on: December 14, 2018, 05:50:11 AM »

Jesus. You need Jesus.
Watching those teen mom type shows have convinced me that teenage girls are incapable of taking care of babies.

Hate to break this to you, but TV shows aren't real life. Yes, teenage parenthood is not ideal by any means, but the solution isn't a mandatory abortion.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1608 on: December 14, 2018, 06:40:57 AM »

Jesus. You need Jesus.

Hate to break this to you, but TV shows aren't real life. Yes, teenage parenthood is not ideal by any means, but the solution isn't a mandatory abortion.

Additionally, you don’t magically gain greater wisdom and ability when you go from being a teen mom to just an unwed mother. But, to be safe, we should probably ban sex. Luckily, smart phones are doing that for us.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1609 on: December 14, 2018, 08:42:18 AM »

Jesus Christ. How are you not banned.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #1610 on: December 14, 2018, 08:58:15 AM »

I'm sorry, what? That is absolutely illogical. TV shows are not reality, and that's a terrible, terrible "idea".
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1611 on: December 14, 2018, 12:18:18 PM »

Nothing like remedying a social problem with masssive human rights violations
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1612 on: December 14, 2018, 01:31:15 PM »

Drinking around your kids (assuming they're older and already somewhat independent) isn't the worst thing in the world. Getting sh!tfaced is, but just plain drinking isn't. In a way, it kinda teaches them how to drink themselves themselves.

Thank you Dip, very cool!
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1613 on: December 14, 2018, 05:31:34 PM »

Trolls should at least be funny.  In the even you're not a troll, my Hot Take is you should be locked up.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1614 on: December 14, 2018, 06:43:53 PM »

Jesus. You need Jesus.

Additionally, you don’t magically gain greater wisdom and ability when you go from being a teen mom to just an unwed mother. But, to be safe, we should probably ban sex. Luckily, smart phones are doing that for us.

Not if you're gay. Quite the opposite, in fact. Tongue
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #1615 on: December 15, 2018, 11:03:40 PM »

The school day should be longer and academic standards in K-12 education should be much more intense to bring the USA up to par with competition in East Asia. 
IB program says hi. Tongue
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1616 on: December 16, 2018, 08:51:55 AM »

Jesus. You need Jesus.

Not if you're gay. Quite the opposite, in fact. Tongue

The Chosen People need not worry re reproductive consequences of their actions, so irrelevant.

The school day should be longer and academic standards in K-12 education should be much more intense to bring the USA up to par with competition in East Asia. 

I appreciate that a conservative finally wants to Make America Great (Again), but won’t this cut into time the kids have for jobs, sports, and tomfoolery?
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #1617 on: December 16, 2018, 10:55:29 AM »

I appreciate that a conservative finally wants to Make America Great (Again), but won’t this cut into time the kids have for jobs, sports, and tomfoolery?

Jobs, sports, and tomfoolery? What are those? Tongue
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #1618 on: December 17, 2018, 07:44:12 PM »

I was really hoping that we would get a big stock market crash a month before the midterms this year.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #1619 on: December 17, 2018, 08:55:01 PM »

Ted Kaczynski was right about the negative consequences of rapid technological development and modernity in general. His manifesto and follow up book, Anti-Tech Revolution: Why and How, are both very well thought out pieces of literature.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1620 on: December 18, 2018, 01:04:42 PM »

The opioid "crisis" is exaggerated and the people who lose most from it are legitimate pain patients and their doctors who are constantly under watch from Big Brother.
AudmanOut
United States

« Reply #1621 on: December 18, 2018, 01:31:51 PM »

I was really hoping that we would get a big stock market crash a month before the midterms this year.
Same, Not a stock market crash but a bad recession, i’m Still hoping one happens right before 2020.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1622 on: December 18, 2018, 01:39:33 PM »

Same, Not a stock market crash but a bad recession, i’m Still hoping one happens right before 2020.

I too hope the turn-of-the-century babies become a completely lost generation much like those hopeless souls born in '84 to '88 that give millennials such a bad name.
AudmanOut
United States

« Reply #1623 on: December 18, 2018, 02:25:40 PM »
« Edited: December 18, 2018, 03:14:56 PM by AudmanOut »

I too hope the turn-of-the-century babies become a completely lost generation much like those hopeless souls born in '84 to '88 that give millennials such a bad name.
Same to you. Of course judging by your posts you lost your soul a long time ago.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1624 on: December 18, 2018, 02:50:33 PM »

Same to you. Of course judging by you’re posts you lost your soul a lot time ago.

*your

And smilo is a forum treasure. It’s not his fault you are trapped by paradigm.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies