Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: Rutte III era (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:43:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: Rutte III era (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: Rutte III era  (Read 134810 times)
Leading Political Consultant Ma Anand Sheela
Heat
Poland

« on: January 22, 2018, 02:54:58 PM »

lol
Heat
Poland

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 10:07:18 AM »

This was an interesting take. I'm still unconvinced though. I wonder what the Dutch posters think
What was it supposedly down to then?
Heat
Poland

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 03:10:26 PM »

Which is the third Muslim party?

Really happy with this result. De Mos and the VVD should now form a government, perhaps with CDA and D66. Absolutely brutal for the PVV. Shows that PVV voters do notice when the party performs well: only a small loss in Almere (from 9 to 7 seats is not great, but respectable), where they are generally doing a good job at representing voters, and huge losses in The Hague, where they are absolutely useless and an embarrassment. Apart from this, 15 parties is really a lot... and 3 Muslim parties with 1 seat each, lol.
NIDA, PvdE and Islam Democrats

Lol, Muslims are trying to be the new orthodox Calvinists...
Yes, considering how sectarian Dutch politics has historically been and still is at the fringes, I can't help but think that this should perhaps be considered proof that that particular subgroup of Muslims is actually integrating into Dutch society after all.
Heat
Poland

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 09:05:57 PM »

Is this an actual thing Dutch pollsters ask about in connection to politics?
Heat
Poland

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 06:06:39 PM »

Is there any reason why PvdA, SP, and GL shouldn't all be shuttered and the Dutch left just told to start over with new organisations?
Heat
Poland

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2021, 04:26:16 PM »

Have the SP shown any interest in government this time round?
Heat
Poland

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2021, 08:05:08 AM »

Someone brought this up to me elsewhere but didn't provide details: do D66 want any further movement on euthanasia during this term?
Heat
Poland

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2021, 07:14:34 AM »

I think Harry Potter still has another spell up his sleeve.
It's about time the Netherlands got a PM who can't be compared to Harry Potter.
Heat
Poland

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2021, 09:07:16 AM »

Someone brought this up to me elsewhere but didn't provide details: do D66 want any further movement on euthanasia during this term?
Yes, from the notes with the explorer, its clear that D66 wants to continue with movement on euthanasia and do not wants to negotiate about it in the next government and wants to leave it as free subject for parliament to decide, knowing it will pass then. It will be one of the most difficult subjects if D66 and CU have to negotiate in the next government who is very against it

How do they wish to further expand euthanasia?

Currently the law requires that the patient's suffering is unbearable with no prospect of improvement. D66 basically wants to remove that requirement for those over 75 years old.  The proposal is that these people may request an assisted suicide, if they consider their life to be complete. Even if they are completely healthy.
Ughhh. Thank you.
Heat
Poland

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2021, 07:31:44 AM »

Vera Bergkamp from D66 was elected Speaker of parliament. She won 74 of the 139 votes cast in the secret ballot, defeating incumbent speaker Khadija Arib from PvdA (38 votes) and Martin Bosma from PVV (27 votes). While the ballot was secret, it sounds like Bergkamp was supported by D66, VVD and CDA. The last votes could be DENK, who obviously did not vote for Bosma and hates Arib after she criticized DENK heavily for their personalized attack videos on MPs from other parties with migrant background.

The 49-year old Bergkamp is by her own words: "I am a lesbian, half-Moroccan, but also a woman, a human being, an Amsterdam citizen and a citizen of the world." She has been a MP since 2012, before that she was leader of the Dutch LGBT advocacy group for four years.
Do I remember correctly that Arib was involved in some sort of odd scandal?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies