Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: Rutte III era (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:18:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: Rutte III era (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: Rutte III era  (Read 134562 times)
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« on: March 22, 2018, 03:31:15 PM »

Share of the vote, nationwide: (local elections)

32.7% Local parties
13.5% CDA
13.2% VVD
  9.0% D66
  8.4% GL
  7.3% PvdA
  3.9% CU
12.0% Others

Didn't find the national share for PVV, SP, DENK or FvD.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 07:47:38 AM »

So, general elections in mid February, or in March as it was expected?
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 07:01:41 PM »

Is there any data on how turnout is going in the last 2 days?
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 10:48:21 AM »

Turnout update:

Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2021, 02:05:23 PM »

Turnout at 74% one hour and a half before polls close:

Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2021, 03:03:20 PM »

Look at that D66 numbers.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2021, 03:15:08 PM »

What's the reason of this dramatic surge of D66?
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2021, 03:20:51 PM »

What's the reason of this dramatic surge of D66?
Kaag very strong media performance and debates and probably last minute tactical voting from the left to vote against VVD (which is somwhat laughable)

Isn't that a bit useless? I mean, VVD and D66 are likely to renew the current government coalition, right?
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2021, 03:36:25 PM »

There will an update on the exit poll in 9 minutes, or so, right?
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2021, 03:46:50 PM »

VVD up one in the updated exit poll. D66 stays the same.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2021, 03:50:11 PM »

Party vote share %: (from the 9pm exit poll)

Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2021, 01:29:43 PM »
« Edited: April 01, 2021, 02:14:28 PM by Mike88 »

So, let me see if I get this right: Omtzigt was planned to be a cabinet minister in the negotiations between VVD, D66 and CDA; Rutte denied this but then "confidential" papers showed he actually talked about it and lied, correct? And now Rutte could be ousted because of this. I'm a bit confused on why this is so serious.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2021, 02:04:39 PM »

So, let me see if I get this right: Omtzigt was planned to be a cabinet minister in the negotiations between VVD, D66 and CDU; Rutte denied this but then "confidential" papers showed he actually talked about it and lied, correct? And now Rutte could be ousted because of this. I'm a bit confused on why this is so serious.

CDA not CDU.

Well, its not so much that Omtzigt was going to be offered a seat cabinet, but its clear that Rutte wanted him silenced ("functie, anders" is open to debate), and you can do that by forcing them into a low level cabinet position or, of course, sending them to Brussels. Rutte denied he had issues with Omzigt, straight up to the camera. He lied. He is now devoid of credibility, and fighting for his career.  

Oh, sorry about the typo.

I understand your point, but, again, I don't see this as very serious. To be honest, that's quite common practice in my country (maybe that's why I don't see this as a problem.) Embarrassed
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2021, 02:32:14 PM »

So, let me see if I get this right: Omtzigt was planned to be a cabinet minister in the negotiations between VVD, D66 and CDU; Rutte denied this but then "confidential" papers showed he actually talked about it and lied, correct? And now Rutte could be ousted because of this. I'm a bit confused on why this is so serious.

CDA not CDU.

Well, its not so much that Omtzigt was going to be offered a seat cabinet, but its clear that Rutte wanted him silenced ("functie, anders" is open to debate), and you can do that by forcing them into a low level cabinet position or, of course, sending them to Brussels. Rutte denied he had issues with Omzigt, straight up to the camera. He lied. He is now devoid of credibility, and fighting for his career.  

Oh, sorry about the typo.

I understand your point, but, again, I don't see this as very serious. To be honest, that's quite common practice in my country (maybe that's why I don't see this as a problem.) Embarrassed

I also think its a storm in a teacup, but although the situation with Covid is serious, politics stays politics, and this is a pure political "water cooler" story.

Kaag has ditched him, she said in the debate today "here our ways part". So that suggests D66 are out of any Rutte-led coalition. Politically this is extremely harming his image. He was seen as honest to his supporters, but now he is caught just bare faced lying and trying to shift the blame to other sources because he realised he could be held responsible for political marginalisation of a now super-popular figure. Other party leaders can't be seen to support him anymore.

His other way out is the far right support him and CDA are also up for it, but many on the far right hate Rutte more than the Left (some consider him a leftist anyway). They can smell a scalp.

So its not just his credibility that is done : his political capital is too.

Ahh, right. It's more about his image rather than the content. The image of the pure/clean politician who never tells a lie and gives you straight all the time. And when the a small stain falls in the image, it's over, "On the best cloth, the stain falls" goes the saying.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies