Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: Rutte III era (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:29:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: Rutte III era (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: Rutte III era  (Read 133944 times)
Grand Wizard Lizard of the Klan
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 5.39

« on: March 21, 2018, 04:35:25 PM »

Local elections seems to be more interesting than Polish ones :I
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 05:01:54 PM »

In Poland even for the left-wing politician it would be seen as not appropriate.
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 06:20:51 PM »

Thierry Baudet was open about inhaling lavender and being so infatuated with a woman that he stopped masturbating (true story) and nobody cared.

what
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 11:38:39 AM »

What a douchebag.
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 09:17:26 AM »

The photo we deserve, not the one we need

I was thinking what would be reaction of Polish people on the same picture but made by Korwin and then someone in the Internet remind me about that photo where Korwin is sleeping on table while visiting Russia:

kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 05:16:02 PM »

So, how was that police protest last weekend? How it influenced everyday life?
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 05:35:17 AM »

What are positions of new leader on ecological issues and migration politics? Some major differences compared to Pechtold in different policies?
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2019, 05:03:00 PM »

Some time ago I had chance to read a text about youth organisation of SGP and that generally there are relatively a lot of young people around that party, even compared to other youth organisation one of SGP is pretty big. Are there are any differences between youth and regular members of the party in terms of political views etc.?
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2019, 05:25:13 PM »

Some time ago I had chance to read a text about youth organisation of SGP and that generally there are relatively a lot of young people around that party, even compared to other youth organisation one of SGP is pretty big. Are there are any differences between youth and regular members of the party in terms of political views etc.?
The youth organization is the biggest of all political youth organizations in the Netherlands, but they do not have much influence in the party - more than in most other parties, seniority matters in the SGP. Regarding political issues, the youth are generally more progressive on the issue of women in politics and in the party, but otherwise there isn't much of a difference in outlook. Which in itself is remarkable, I think, given the current zeitgeist. Still, suble differences that I'm currently unaware of may exist and manifest themselves in the future. But nothing big.

Thanks.
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2019, 07:37:56 AM »

What the hell is with those differences between DENK poll results in peil and other polls?
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2019, 09:27:54 AM »

Are there any serious differences in terms of political program between PVV and FvD which potentially might be problems in their future cooperation?
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2019, 09:48:27 AM »

Are there any serious differences in terms of political program between PVV and FvD which potentially might be problems in their future cooperation?
Cooperation between PVV and FVD, you mean? Both explicitly say they would like to cooperate with each other. There are differences on the details but they aren't important and would certainly not form a stumbling block.

Yeah, but I wonder what such differences are. As far as I noticed FvD is mainly vocal about cultural issues, Nexit, immigration but are there any particular differences? Maybe PVV highlight some issues more frequently? As far as I remember PVV was strong in post-industrial areas, maybe some economic issues?

kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2019, 11:11:11 AM »

Thanks for your answer, you confirmed my presumptions about differences between those parties.
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2019, 04:41:40 PM »

It really seems that PVV will slowly start to die, but as for now something tell me to do not be hasty in "killing" them.
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2019, 08:53:09 AM »

Data set is overwhelming so it should be very interesting map but this "3D" effect is making everything unreadable. Is there any way to change it?
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2019, 10:40:39 AM »

Data set is overwhelming so it should be very interesting map but this "3D" effect is making everything unreadable. Is there any way to change it?
It's your lucky day. NRC now has a version without these effects: https://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2019/04/18/wat-stemden-uw-buren-in-maart-a3957405.

Thank you, and thank NRC.
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2019, 10:58:30 AM »

To what extend FvD is controlled by Baudet? Is this sort of dictatorial relation closer to Central-Eastern Europe style or other people in party actually have something to say in decision making process?
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2019, 01:26:32 PM »

What a comeback.
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2019, 06:04:21 PM »

Nah, this is +3 compared to the GE

Didn't they get 6% last election? Even though I was actually thinking about that one, I remember times when almost everybody was saying that they are already dead and now and even in new Peil they got 14 seats (ca 10%?).
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2019, 03:40:34 PM »

Thanks for all your updates, all very informative.
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2020, 01:44:47 PM »

developments in Dutch politics :

Pension reform was finally agreed among the cabinet and the employers/unions, led by D66 Minister Wouter Koolmees, which is quite an Everest in Dutch (and indeed European) politics due to its perceived unsustainability. Its the biggest pension reform since the 1950s and its quite smart of them to agree it during an unnewsworthy period. It needs confirmation in the Eerste Kamer and will enter into effect in 2022 with 2026 being the deadline for private companies to adopt the new pension system.

Any more details? Or maybe some link to the article where I can read about it? Would be very grateful.
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2020, 03:00:57 PM »

De Jonge wins the CDA leadership contest.

1rst round
De Jonge 49%
Omtzigt 37%
Keijzer 11%

2nd round
De Jonge 50.7%
Omtzigt 49.3%
only a hundred odd votes difference

Can we expect turn to the center, or wikipedia is far from truth?
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2021, 07:12:28 PM »

I haven't paid much attention to the Netherlands in a while...so what exactly happened to FVD? They were polling even with the big boys a while back, and now they are languishing alongside other minor parties. Was it just COVID? Infighting?

Yeah, great infighting and attempt to kick out Baudet from leadership after really stupid affair with him ranting about music in restaurant during party meeting as I remember correctly. And some issues with youth organisation and probably some more stuff we dont know.
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2021, 08:27:28 AM »

There is a first victim: PvdA leader Lodewijk Asscher just resigned. When he was Minister for Social Affairs (2012-2017), he was responsible for implementing these anti-fraud laws. There had been calls in the party for weeks  that he had to resign.
New PvdA leader is Lilianne Ploumen, until now #3 on the candidates list. Ploumen is an MP at the moment, and used to be the Foreign Trade minister 2012-2017.

Could you tell maybe something more about her? Would her leadership bring some major changes?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies