Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: Rutte III era (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:23:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: Rutte III era (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: Rutte III era  (Read 134547 times)
njwes
United States

« on: March 21, 2018, 01:08:34 PM »

...the VVD, led by a young entrepreneur who is supposed to be a hottie (judge for yourselves)

Sort of hot for a politician, maybe, but still wouldn't hit it.

Is there any single site with election returns from across the country where we could follow? Or is it all fragmented?
njwes
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 12:28:52 PM »

Apart from the bits you pointed out, he's not wrong. (Well, can't speak to the condition of Suriname's society, but that part didn't do him any favors.

I'd imagine that his sentiments are widely held among the public, even if some are afraid to admit it--in which case I imagine this might push a few people closer to FvD
njwes
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 08:05:14 PM »

I haven't paid much attention to the Netherlands in a while...so what exactly happened to FVD? They were polling even with the big boys a while back, and now they are languishing alongside other minor parties. Was it just COVID? Infighting?

Yeah, great infighting and attempt to kick out Baudet from leadership after really stupid affair with him ranting about music in restaurant during party meeting as I remember correctly. And some issues with youth organisation and probably some more stuff we dont know.

Is there any consensus on where the FvD supporters redistributed? It doesn't seem like any single party obviously benefitted, unless I'm just missing it
njwes
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 04:48:17 PM »
« Edited: January 25, 2021, 04:58:24 PM by njwes »

Is there a political party in the Netherlands that will run on an anti-curfew, anti-lockdown, anti-mask platform?

Probably best not to group these together as one coherent anti-corona-measures *program* tbh. Best to just accept the mandated masks and push back against all the other restrictions.

The curfew is somewhat controversial even though it was passed by a large majority in parliament after D66 and leftists parties withdrew their opposition. Though, I believe a majority of the people support the current measures even the curfew from polls

There does seem to be a trend in some Western European countries at least from what I've read that there's a pretty substantial disconnect between general polling numbers on "Approve/Disapprove _____ to control the spread of COVID" and the actual feelings of individuals when interviewed, focus-grouped, etc. Seem to remember reading quite a lot of evidence for that last summer and fall in the UK especially--could the Dutch population be similar?
njwes
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2021, 01:04:32 PM »

Is there a political party in the Netherlands that will run on an anti-curfew, anti-lockdown, anti-mask platform?

Probably best not to group these together as one coherent anti-corona-measures *program* tbh. Best to just accept the mandated masks and push back against all the other restrictions.

The curfew is somewhat controversial even though it was passed by a large majority in parliament after D66 and leftists parties withdrew their opposition. Though, I believe a majority of the people support the current measures even the curfew from polls

There does seem to be a trend in some Western European countries at least from what I've read that there's a pretty substantial disconnect between general polling numbers on "Approve/Disapprove _____ to control the spread of COVID" and the actual feelings of individuals when interviewed, focus-grouped, etc. Seem to remember reading quite a lot of evidence for that last summer and fall in the UK especially--could the Dutch population be similar?
There is certainly a big portion of the population that is done with the lockdown and curfew, but these riots are mostly done by hooligans, far right and youngsters (immigrants) who are you just looking for reasons to riot and looting now and its not about the Covid measures anymore.

Well I mean, as we learned in the US from the BLM protests, it's truly ALL about the spin. The BLM protests can frankly be viewed almost exactly the same way as you described the Dutch riots, just with different supposed objectives. How the media, politicians, etc decide to cover them (or not) makes all the difference.
njwes
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2021, 03:16:43 PM »

What's the reason of this dramatic surge of D66?

Braindead liberals love generic neoliberalism?
njwes
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2021, 03:56:28 PM »

probably meaning, r/thenetherlands. Yea they are not taking it well.

First results coming from the islands. One going to D66 and one to VVD

What specifically are they upset about? Were they expecting Volt at 80 seats?
njwes
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2021, 04:22:37 PM »

Don't lump all the good people of 4chan together with the denizens of /pol/!
njwes
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2021, 12:16:10 PM »

I get it if this would be too long to respond to lol, but can someone explain what exactly Omzigt's position is relative to the CDA as a whole? What makes him and his positions different from that of the rest of the party? And different from the rest of the Rutte coalition?

There aren't that many articles on Omzigt in English that I've been able to find from an (admittedly basic) Google search, and Wiki isn't helping either.
njwes
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2021, 04:20:54 PM »

Just braindead neoliberalism at its finest. The same line of thinking that leads people to think that, eg, reducing the number of UK MPs to 100 would be an awesome idea.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies