Romney on drugs?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:02:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Romney on drugs?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Romney on drugs?  (Read 3088 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 26, 2005, 03:39:54 PM »
« edited: August 26, 2005, 03:49:53 PM by nickshepDEM »

"Well, I win by a landslide in Massachusetts if I run for reelection. And that's very possibly what I'm going to do."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9086489

He won with 50% of the vote in 2002 and is currently trailing Attorney General Thomas F. Reilly in his 2006 re-election bid.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 03:53:21 PM »

I touched on this quote in the "Masachusetts 2006" thread.

Romney on CNBC was fairly noncommital about running for re-election for Governor.  He did, however, ditched the notion that if he bowed out of the race it would be because he wouldn't win.  He said that if he did run, he'd "win in a landslide."  He also advocated liberal ideas like healthcare for all Massachusettsites/Massachusettsans and increased funding for education.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 03:54:10 PM »

More and more I dislike this man.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 05:02:39 PM »

he is a horrible person.

ive  been trying to tell people that.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 05:29:36 PM »

he is a horrible person.

You say everyone is a horrible person.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 06:41:09 PM »

You say everyone is a horrible person.

Not everyone.  He's actually quite fond of Shays, Biden, O'Brien, Swift, and a couple others.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 06:52:40 PM »

I think Romney would be a favorite... but landslide? uhh not so much. Pretty hilarious quote though, kind of made me like him more. I love trash talk.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2005, 06:53:07 PM »

Romney is so full of SH!T
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2005, 07:12:36 PM »

he is a horrible person.

Also, if he's overly optimistic about his chances in an election, that doesn't make him a horrible person.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2005, 08:44:42 PM »

Mitt Romney -

A great Governor.

Not only that, he is exactly who America needs at the helm as President, leading the nation through the troubled times that no doubt lie ahead.

America will be requiring his firm hand guiding the ship of state, his brilliant mind mapping a progressive and intelligent course for the future, and his superior executive abilities in bringing diverse factions together for the common good.

He possesses the qualities and characteristics required to bring unity to a divided nation, understanding to a troubled world, and hope to the beleaguered soul.

He will be one of the truly great Presidents.       
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2005, 08:29:31 PM »

Mitt Romney -

A great Governor.

Not only that, he is exactly who America needs at the helm as President, leading the nation through the troubled times that no doubt lie ahead.

America will be requiring his firm hand guiding the ship of state, his brilliant mind mapping a progressive and intelligent course for the future, and his superior executive abilities in bringing diverse factions together for the common good.

He possesses the qualities and characteristics required to bring unity to a divided nation, understanding to a troubled world, and hope to the beleaguered soul.

Pass the toke, Winfield.  That must be some good sh**t.

I dislike Romney mostly because of his insipid lies about the morning after pill and his fecklessness on gay marriage.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2005, 08:53:46 PM »
« Edited: August 27, 2005, 09:04:06 PM by Winfield »

I can assure you, John, that neither Mitt nor I do drugs.

OK, maybe I laid it on a bit thick with the prose, but that's just making constructive use of the english language.  Smiley

Mitt tells it like it is. 

He can get in there and mix it up with the best of them.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2005, 10:01:35 PM »

I can assure you, John, that neither Mitt nor I do drugs.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2005, 11:27:19 PM »

Please, show some respect for our future President.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2005, 11:59:20 PM »

Please, show some respect for our future President.

Oh dear,Winfield's gone mad! Wink
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2005, 12:21:45 PM »

Mitt Romney -

A great Governor.

Why is Romney so great?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2005, 01:59:58 PM »

Mitt Romney -

A great Governor.

Why is Romney so great?

I have tried to point out some of his leadership qualities in the post that you have quoted.

Romney is a man of action who gets the job done.  He has demonstrated executive, legislative and organizational abilities that I believe would serve the nation well were he to be elected President.

I know many disagree on these points, however, these are my views in this matter. 
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2005, 02:04:28 PM »

What specific accomplishments does Romney have? What specific ideas of his do you like?
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2005, 02:22:52 PM »

Mitt Romney -

A great Governor.

Why is Romney so great?

I have tried to point out some of his leadership qualities in the post that you have quoted.

Romney is a man of action who gets the job done.  He has demonstrated executive, legislative and organizational abilities that I believe would serve the nation well were he to be elected President.

I know many disagree on these points, however, these are my views in this matter. 

Is there anything specific in his policies/records you particularly like?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2005, 09:22:21 AM »

What specific accomplishments does Romney have? What specific ideas of his do you like?

Education
BA Honors Brigham Young University
MBA Harvard Business School (named a Baker Scholar)
JD cum laude Harvard Law School

Business
VP Bain & Co., Boston-based management consulting firm
Founded Bain Capital, a highly successful investment company
(founded, acquired or invested in hundreds of companies)
Took a 2 year leave of absence from Bain Capital to lead a highly succesful turnaround of Bain & Co. as interim CEO, during a period of financial turmoil

Salt Lake City Olympics
With the 2002 Winter Olympics mired in controversy and facing serious financial crisis, Romney was asked to become President and CEO of the Salt Lake Organizing Committee.  In his three years in Salt Lake, Romney erased a $379 million operating deficit, organized 23,000 volunteers, galvanized community spirit, oversaw an unprecedented security mobilization to ensure public safety and led one of the most successful Olympics in the nation's history.

1994 Senate Election
Romney received 41% of the vote against Senator Ted Kennedy, making it the closest election of Kennedy's long Senate career.

Governor
Elected 2002

Reforming state government.  Has launched a major overhaul of Massachusetts state government, working to eliminate waste and patronage and to make outdated bureaucracies more efficient.

Imposing fiscal discipline.  Working with the Legislature, he has brought the state's fiscal house in order, turning a $3 billion budget deficit into a $700 million surplus without raising taxes or borrowing.

Made education a top priority.  He put in place the John and Abigail Adams Scholarship Program, which gives top achieving students four years of free tuition at any of the state's colleges or universities.  Has  proposed and signed into law a program to jumpstart the construction or renovation of more than 400 schools across the state and invested additional funds in after school programs in the lowest performing districts.  Has been a proponent of charter schools, leading the effort to increase the number of these innovative public schools.   

These are but a few of his many accomplishments.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2005, 09:25:25 AM »

Mitt Romney -

A great Governor.

Why is Romney so great?

Is there anything specific in his policies/records you particularly like?

Please see my immediate preceding post.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2005, 12:20:36 PM »

Education
BA Honors Brigham Young University
MBA Harvard Business School (named a Baker Scholar)
JD cum laude Harvard Law School

Business
VP Bain & Co., Boston-based management consulting firm
Founded Bain Capital, a highly successful investment company
(founded, acquired or invested in hundreds of companies)
Took a 2 year leave of absence from Bain Capital to lead a highly succesful turnaround of Bain & Co. as interim CEO, during a period of financial turmoil

Salt Lake City Olympics
With the 2002 Winter Olympics mired in controversy and facing serious financial crisis, Romney was asked to become President and CEO of the Salt Lake Organizing Committee.  In his three years in Salt Lake, Romney erased a $379 million operating deficit, organized 23,000 volunteers, galvanized community spirit, oversaw an unprecedented security mobilization to ensure public safety and led one of the most successful Olympics in the nation's history.

1994 Senate Election
Romney received 41% of the vote against Senator Ted Kennedy, making it the closest election of Kennedy's long Senate career.

Governor
Elected 2002

Reforming state government.  Has launched a major overhaul of Massachusetts state government, working to eliminate waste and patronage and to make outdated bureaucracies more efficient.

Imposing fiscal discipline.  Working with the Legislature, he has brought the state's fiscal house in order, turning a $3 billion budget deficit into a $700 million surplus without raising taxes or borrowing.

Made education a top priority.  He put in place the John and Abigail Adams Scholarship Program, which gives top achieving students four years of free tuition at any of the state's colleges or universities.  Has  proposed and signed into law a program to jumpstart the construction or renovation of more than 400 schools across the state and invested additional funds in after school programs in the lowest performing districts.  Has been a proponent of charter schools, leading the effort to increase the number of these innovative public schools.   

These are but a few of his many accomplishments.

let me predict his future resume....

2007-  insurance salesman.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2005, 02:36:54 PM »

Mitt, the greatest executive and political mind of this generation.

Alright...
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2005, 02:43:59 PM »

Walter, you are being far too harsh on Mitt, the greatest executive and political mind of this generation.

If he runs for re-election as Governor, he will win in a landslide.

Whether he runs for re-election as Governor or not, he will be continuing to lay the groundwork for his inevitable and inexorable ascendancy to the Presidency of the United States.

nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2005, 02:47:41 PM »

Walter, you are being far too harsh on Mitt, the greatest executive and political mind of this generation.

If he runs for re-election as Governor, he will win in a landslide.

Whether he runs for re-election as Governor or not, he will be continuing to lay the groundwork for his inevitable and inexorable ascendancy to the Presidency of the United States.

Why would he win in a landslide w/mediocre polling numbers?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies