The Joy of Packing

<< < (2/4) > >>

dazzleman:
Quote from: Senator DanielX on August 26, 2005, 07:49:06 PM

No car. It was a choice between living on-campus and a car - couldn't afford both without a job. I picked on-campus, because an hour's a helluva commute for a kid who's only had his license since April. Also, the fact that I got a single dorm helped (I do share a bathroom though). 

I'm mostly packed now. Clothes, books, supplies, laptop, a poster or two, and the plunger.  I'll leave my toothbrush, radio, alarm clock, and a few other things packed in the morning.

Well, good luck with everything.  I'm surprised a freshman was able to get a single dorm.  In my experience, those were reserved for upperclassmen.

You're probably better off without a car for at least the first year.  You'll get more into the school's social scene if you're there more.

WalterMitty:
dazzleman, i have no job in boston...not yet.

if you see a white dodge neon loaded down, driving through ct with  nc plates, itll most likely be me.

dazzleman:
Quote from: WalterMitty on August 27, 2005, 11:02:37 AM

if you see a white dodge neon loaded down, driving through ct with  nc plates, itll most likely be me.

I'll keep my eye out. :)  I live near I-95.

What type of job are you looking for?

WalterMitty:
Quote from: dazzleman on August 27, 2005, 04:06:24 PM

Quote from: WalterMitty on August 27, 2005, 11:02:37 AM

I'll keep my eye out. :)  I live near I-95.

What type of job are you looking for?

im not too picky, nor can i afford to be choosy.

i havent had a 'career' yet, just jobs.

my degree is in political science, so that probably explains the lack of career.

dazzleman:
Quote from: WalterMitty on August 27, 2005, 04:08:37 PM

im not too picky, nor can i afford to be choosy.

i havent had a 'career' yet, just jobs.

my degree is in political science, so that probably explains the lack of career.

What jobs have you done in the past?

Best of luck to you with the move, and with finding a job.  I hope you like your apartment or house also.  What part of Boston will you be living in?  I've been to Boston a number of times, so I know a little about the city.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page