OH-12 Special Election: Balderson vs. O’Connor on August 7
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:30:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH-12 Special Election: Balderson vs. O’Connor on August 7
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 71
Author Topic: OH-12 Special Election: Balderson vs. O’Connor on August 7  (Read 108235 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: August 05, 2018, 05:09:39 PM »

He was far from a recruiting coup d’état.

It’s a real shame Jay Goyal didn’t get in. O’Connor has fought like Hell to make this a tossup in the final day of the election, but Jay would’ve been favored by now.

Wow. Can anyone imagine where a Goyal vs. Leneghan race would be at right now? Tongue
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #651 on: August 05, 2018, 05:12:12 PM »

It’s a real shame Jay Goyal didn’t get in. O’Connor has fought like Hell to make this a tossup in the final day of the election, but Jay would’ve been favored by now.

Wow. Can anyone imagine where a Goyal vs. Leneghan race would be at right now? Tongue

I highly doubt that an Indian would do better in the racist farmlands of this district, but I think he would improve just enough in the suburbs to edge out a win.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #652 on: August 05, 2018, 05:18:57 PM »

I highly doubt that an Indian would do better in the racist farmlands of this district, but I think he would improve just enough in the suburbs to edge out a win.

Maybe. "Jay Goyal" isn't exactly a name that screams "FERRINER!!!"
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #653 on: August 05, 2018, 05:22:52 PM »

Maybe. "Jay Goyal" isn't exactly a name that screams "FERRINER!!!"

Oh wait, that is a good point dude, yeah Leneghan would probably lose by 5 to 6 points.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #654 on: August 05, 2018, 05:25:11 PM »

Damn near Safe D.

Proves what you know, which is unsurprisingly little. Goyal's past constituency was the "racist farmlands" of Richland County. And on top of that, he was House Majority Whip.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #655 on: August 05, 2018, 05:35:25 PM »

I have this unshakable feeling that Balderson wins. If I am proved correct, I really hope it is a sizeable win (hopefully 5 or more points) for Balderson cause I don't think my cardiovascular system can handle a Balderson squeaker. It makes me shudder even thinking about it.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #656 on: August 05, 2018, 05:38:16 PM »

I have this unshakable feeling that Balderson wins. If I am proved correct, I really hope it is a sizeable win (hopefully 5 or more points) for Balderson cause I don't think my cardiovascular system can handle a Balderson squeaker. It makes me shudder even thinking about it.

I think you need a bit of perspective here.

This is a random special election in a district that is less than 1% of the total house of representatives for a congressional candidate that will serve for less than 4 months before another election occurs.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #657 on: August 05, 2018, 05:39:45 PM »

This is a random special election in a district that is less than 1% of the total house of representatives for a congressional candidate that will serve for less than 4 months before another election occurs.

Ik, but whoever wins it will probably carries the GE too.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #658 on: August 05, 2018, 05:41:46 PM »

I would guess Balderson by about 5 points. The Sarah Jeong story is really going to hurt O'Connor in this 87% white district.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #659 on: August 05, 2018, 05:42:44 PM »

If Balderson wins in a squeaker, the GE will not be competitive.

1: DCCC has many better targets and will likely pull out.
2: Whatever happens, it'll be a low turnout election. When we get to the fall and see the normal midterm turnout, it will be more disfavorable to Democrats.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #660 on: August 05, 2018, 05:52:09 PM »

I would guess Balderson by about 5 points. The Sarah Jeong story is really going to hurt O'Connor in this 87% white district.

LMFAO. Nobody in OH-12 cares about Sarah Jeong. She's a tech writer (so she's not even in a political section) in a newspaper that is from over 500 miles away. Hell, I bet most people in NYC don't know who the hell Sarah Jeong is.

Anyone who's going to vote based on Sarah Jeong was a Republican voter anyway.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #661 on: August 05, 2018, 06:04:36 PM »

Ik, but whoever wins it will probably carries the GE too.

BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #662 on: August 05, 2018, 06:06:23 PM »

LMFAO. Nobody in OH-12 cares about Sarah Jeong. She's a tech writer (so she's not even in a political section) in a newspaper that is from over 500 miles away. Hell, I bet most people in NYC don't know who the hell Sarah Jeong is.

Beet's trolling. Just put him on ignore.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #663 on: August 05, 2018, 06:15:10 PM »

Saturday's Dem blowout in the in person absentees in Franklin County went for a repeat today.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #664 on: August 05, 2018, 06:17:36 PM »

Lol

Just like that "Blacks for Trump" guy, most of his rallies are just the same cultists who travel across the country to support him.

That guy in particular holds up a sign about some website called Gods2.com or something which traffics in antisemitic conspiracy theories. They are not representative of black people as a whole, or even most black Republicans, honestly. He really does just attract the worst kinds of people that follow him around the country to lap up whatever bile he is extruding. It's like the Grateful Dead and their "Deadheads," but infinitely worse!
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #665 on: August 05, 2018, 06:26:31 PM »

No, the vast majority of white Democrats and center-leftists outside the media and elite are pretty horrified by Jeong's tweets. So the average swing voter in OH-12 will too. Don't think they don't know or haven't heard of this story-- it's been blasted on Fox News quite a bit, and a ton of other media channels. So thousands of voters will have gone to the polls having heard the story.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #666 on: August 05, 2018, 06:27:57 PM »

Yeah, I had to add him too.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #667 on: August 05, 2018, 06:35:51 PM »

Saturday's Dem blowout in the in person absentees in Franklin County went for a repeat today.
An Delaware is a tie https://mobile.twitter.com/darreldrowland/status/1026240017985757185
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #668 on: August 05, 2018, 06:38:32 PM »

You are trying too hard to be like Lief.
Not working.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #669 on: August 05, 2018, 06:40:39 PM »

No, the vast majority of white Democrats and center-leftists outside the media and elite are pretty horrified by Jeong's tweets. So the average swing voter in OH-12 will too. Don't think they don't know or haven't heard of this story-- it's been blasted on Fox News quite a bit, and a ton of other media channels. So thousands of voters will have gone to the polls having heard the story.

Shut up, Beet.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #670 on: August 05, 2018, 06:48:18 PM »

Right next to their fear of clouds of deadly radiation coming from Fukushima or North Korean ICBM's
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #671 on: August 05, 2018, 06:51:34 PM »

Yes, no doubt all those Fox News viewers in OH-12 were on the fence about how to vote until Sarah Jeong showed up on their channel.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #672 on: August 05, 2018, 06:57:41 PM »

Yes, no doubt all those Fox News viewers in OH-12 were on the fence about how to vote until Sarah Jeong showed up on their channel.

They'll bring it up in talks with family members and friends and so on. It was on CNN too. Special election voters will be more politically aware than the average Joe. The best counter to my argument is not that no ones heard about it or no one cares, but that they'll judge O'Connor locally and not as a member of his party.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #673 on: August 05, 2018, 07:37:02 PM »

Ok--- Ebsy was able to share me some of the raw data he collected on EV numbers in OH-CD-12 (THANK YOU!!!!))), and I am starting to match that against other data that I've been working on when it comes to historical voting patterns within the District.

Let's Start with the "Big Enchilada" otherwise known as Franklin County:

Here is a graph that shows the 2016 GE Final Vote Share by Place within Franklin County compared to the 2018 CD-12 Special Election EV numbers to date.

So here we see the City of Columbus well over-performing their total vote share compared to the 2016 Presidential Election.

Just to get a sense of how dramatic these numbers look, is that in the 2014 OH GE, the City of Columbus only accounted for 44% of the Franklin County Total Vote Share.

Now what do the EV numbers from Columbus say in historical comparison to Total Vote % by Party?

So---- WOW just WOW.... The Republican % of the vote in the City of Columbus has dropped to just 15%, compared with Trump's final total 30% in '16, and Mitt's 39% in 2012.

Now let's look at the raw vote margins by place within Franklin County to date by Early Votes and Partisan Affiliation.

There is absolutely no way to suger-coat these numbers coming out of the City of Columbus, despite traditional Dem leads in EV.

This is an off-year election and yet Columbus has gone from 44% to 56% of the Vote-Share compared to 2014, AND these Democratic % margins from Columbus without even including the "OTHER EV" contingent, seems to indicate extremely high DEM raw vote margins from Franklin County come Tuesday, and even possibly overall Franklin County Vote Share increase (IDK???)

I'll look at a few of the other EV numbers from Franklin County by Place against historical numbers shortly.... Still trying to digest all of the info that Ebsy provided!!!!

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #674 on: August 05, 2018, 07:55:16 PM »

So with EV over what is the assessment of how O’Connor did?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies