OH-12 Special Election: Balderson vs. O’Connor on August 7
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:34:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH-12 Special Election: Balderson vs. O’Connor on August 7
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 71
Author Topic: OH-12 Special Election: Balderson vs. O’Connor on August 7  (Read 108297 times)
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: August 01, 2018, 03:59:29 PM »

Today's update:

Richland County's website is down so that was the only wrinkle today. Republicans edged out Democrats for the first time yesterday, turning in 90 more ballots, 1004 to 914 with 336 for other. Obviously it depends on how the next few days go, and how much ground Dems can make up on Saturday and Sunday, but I think O'Connor is right about where he need to win.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #501 on: August 01, 2018, 04:30:41 PM »

Some group affiliated with the Balderson campaign is texting Democrats and telling them that theor polling location has changed.
Jesus
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #502 on: August 01, 2018, 04:38:38 PM »

Today's update:

Richland County's website is down so that was the only wrinkle today. Republicans edged out Democrats for the first time yesterday, turning in 90 more ballots, 1004 to 914 with 336 for other. Obviously it depends on how the next few days go, and how much ground Dems can make up on Saturday and Sunday, but I think O'Connor is right about where he need to win.

The Monmouth poll that came out today had Franklin constituting 32% of the electorate, rn we are at 39%, if we can keep it up above 35-36, we are in good spot to win.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #503 on: August 01, 2018, 04:41:05 PM »

Also my dad donated $10 to O'Connor just a few minutes ago, and he said there was to 4 to 1 match offer on his donation, so O'Connor got $50 in total.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #504 on: August 01, 2018, 05:30:01 PM »

Some group affiliated with the Balderson campaign is texting Democrats and telling them that theor polling location has changed.

Is this even legal?  (It's clearly unethical.)

It is legal unfortunately.

I know I'm the Ohio lawyer here, but.....how could that be? I'm not denying it per se. I'm just shocked.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #505 on: August 01, 2018, 05:30:36 PM »

Remember when many people thought Balderson was inevitable because of a poll a month before the election showing him up double digits?

This is what we call a teachable moment.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #506 on: August 01, 2018, 05:32:36 PM »

Remember when many people thought Balderson was inevitable because of a poll a month before the election showing him up double digits?

I remember that and being told “Polls surely won’t tighten in two months like they did in PA-18”.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #507 on: August 01, 2018, 05:38:59 PM »

I remember that and being told “Polls surely won’t tighten in two months like they did in PA-18”.

It's almost as if a mysterious force is pushing these races in a certain direction as election day gets closer and closer...I've never heard of such a thing! What could it POSSIBLY mean?!

Btw Heller will win because he's up by 1 point 3 months before the election. Smiley
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #508 on: August 01, 2018, 05:43:48 PM »

that's genuinely pretty despicable and i might throw some money at O'Connor because of it.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #509 on: August 01, 2018, 05:44:20 PM »

Today's update:

Out of curiosity why do you think that O’Connor is where he needs to win as each day his EV lead shrinks a point or 2? Are you confident that “others” will break that much for him?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #510 on: August 01, 2018, 05:45:21 PM »

Dems will win the majority in Congress, but some Democrats and some GOP may go down or be successful because its that sort of mood.  Heller can survive and Laxalt can win, but you can have Dewine going down and Cordray winning in OH, its that sort of year.

But, as election day is moving closer, as expected, Aug, Sept and Oct, partisanship rally toward their base.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #511 on: August 01, 2018, 05:46:12 PM »

Today's update:

Out of curiosity why do you think that O’Connor is where he needs to win as each day his EV lead shrinks a point or 2? Are you confident that “others” will break that much for him?
Goalposts being moved daily.
Kodak
United States

« Reply #512 on: August 01, 2018, 05:48:25 PM »

Today's update:

As of right now, O’Connor only needs to win 52% of the ‘Other’ vote to win 60% of early voters overall.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #513 on: August 01, 2018, 05:52:14 PM »

Today's update:

As of right now, O’Connor only needs to win 52% of the ‘Other’ vote to win 60% of early voters overall.
But that’s my point “as of now”. We’ve got enough days left that at the rate Danny’s going he’s going to needs 60% of others
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #514 on: August 01, 2018, 06:00:27 PM »

I know I'm the Ohio lawyer here, but.....how could that be? I'm not denying it per se. I'm just shocked.

Pretty sure it's not. From what I've seen, the scam is being targetted to voters in Clintonville -- an affluent and activist neighborhood of Columbus within OH-12. Local Democrats are urging anyone contacted to report the incident to the Franklin County BOE.

Today's update:

But that’s my point “as of now”. We’ve got enough days left that at the rate Danny’s going he’s going to needs 60% of others

O'Connor doesn't need 60% -- he needs to win at least a 20% margin. O'Connor's still well on track for that assuming everyone actually registered the two main parties is actually voting that way. (And given the strong Democratic crossover into the 2016 Republican primary, especially in Franklin County, it's fairly safe to say a fair number of those Republicans are voting for O'Connor.)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #515 on: August 01, 2018, 08:54:10 PM »

Pretty sure it's not. From what I've seen, the scam is being targetted to voters in Clintonville -- an affluent and activist neighborhood of Columbus within OH-12. Local Democrats are urging anyone contacted to report the incident to the Franklin County BOE.

Today's update:

O'Connor doesn't need 60% -- he needs to win at least a 20% margin. O'Connor's still well on track for that assuming everyone actually registered the two main parties is actually voting that way. (And given the strong Democratic crossover into the 2016 Republican primary, especially in Franklin County, it's fairly safe to say a fair number of those Republicans are voting for O'Connor.)

We might also see some registered DINOS out in Balderson turf also vote for Balderson though.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #516 on: August 01, 2018, 09:04:28 PM »

Sure, but keep in mind that Monmouth’s poll suggests that there will be a lot more O’Connor GOP voters than vice versa.
ajwiopjawefoiwefnwn
JaydonBrooks
Rookie
United States
« Reply #517 on: August 01, 2018, 10:26:47 PM »

Sure, but keep in mind that Monmouth’s poll suggests that there will be a lot more O’Connor GOP voters than vice versa.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #518 on: August 01, 2018, 10:57:27 PM »

Today's update:

We might also see some registered DINOS out in Balderson turf also vote for Balderson though.

There are no registered voters in Ohio, the party ID here is based off what ballot you pulled in the last primary. I don’t see many Clinton/Sanders voters going for Balderson.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #519 on: August 01, 2018, 11:34:30 PM »

This is not exactly the type of district with any sort of ancestral democratic presence... quite the opposite, actually.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #520 on: August 01, 2018, 11:37:18 PM »

This is not exactly the type of district with any sort of ancestral democratic presence... quite the opposite, actually.

Through Trump...all things are possible
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #521 on: August 01, 2018, 11:42:18 PM »

Through Trump...all things are possible

Trump got less of a share in this district than McCain or Romney.
ltomlinson31
Canada

« Reply #522 on: August 02, 2018, 02:24:56 PM »

Big endorsement:
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #523 on: August 02, 2018, 02:28:24 PM »

Our president has a single digit IQ
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #524 on: August 02, 2018, 02:31:32 PM »

Americans, your President is a total mental trainwreck ...
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies