VA-Monmouth: Gillespie +1 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:58:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections
  2023 & Odd Year Gubernatorial Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA-Monmouth: Gillespie +1 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VA-Monmouth: Gillespie +1  (Read 5662 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: October 17, 2017, 02:29:24 PM »

Like any outlier, I'm gonna wait for confirmation before getting too worried.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 04:12:47 PM »

That reminds me, has anyone checked to see whether this guy is Krazen's sock?  I've been meaning to ask about this.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 04:22:05 PM »

@IceSpear: In case you're not aware, the official excuse for Dems not being able to beat Assaulterforte in MT (I refuse to call him by his real name after his actions), is that most of the vote was cast during early voting.

I'm pretty sure most Democrats agree that it had more to do with the fact that Quist by all accounts proved to be a piss-poor candidate despite initially looking solid on paper.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 05:07:14 PM »

@IceSpear: In case you're not aware, the official excuse for Dems not being able to beat Assaulterforte in MT (I refuse to call him by his real name after his actions), is that most of the vote was cast during early voting.

I'm pretty sure most Democrats agree that it had more to do with the fact that Quist by all accounts proved to be a piss-poor candidate despite initially looking solid on paper.

Why is it that the Dems need stellar candidates to win, but the GOP can nominate and elect Trump, Greg Gianforte, Roy Moore, Roy Blunt, Sam Brownback, Pat Roberts, Thom Tillis, Rick Scott, Paul LePage, etc. etc. without repurcussions?

I think Dems need to start accepting that deplorables are unwinnable and Republicans are far more "locked in" than Democrats are. Times have changed drastically since Akin/Mourdock, both of whom were exceptions to begin with. If Democrats routinely nominated candidates as piss poor as that above list we'd be a permanent minority. Even lazy but otherwise harmless milquetoasts like Martha Coakley and Anthony Brown end up losing in the most Democratic states in the country. When Dems imported some rich guy to run in an evenly split upstate NY seat, something Republicans do on the regular with occasional success, he lost by like 57 points, lol. The double standard is real.

Roberts was in hindsight never gonna lose, Gianforte would've lost to a better candidate, Moore hasn't won yet and is being held to single-digits by a weak b-lister in most polls in friggin' Alabama.  The rest of those races would've been won by Democrats had they not taken place in a Republican wave year (or in Trump's case, had we run a remotely competent candidate).
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 08:30:13 AM »

This is just one poll showing Gillespie in the lead (and then only within the MoE), and you all are going apesh**t over it?  Really?  Roll Eyes

If we start seeing a trend within the next few weeks, then we can all get excited (or panicked) about it.  Until then, let's all chill for a bit. 

Good to see someone else is being rational about this Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies