Who would you vote for? 2016 US Election with German style political parties (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:32:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Who would you vote for? 2016 US Election with German style political parties (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would vote for? Pick one choice for the constituency seat and one more for the party-list proportional seat. Only pick CSU if you live in Texas. (Pick two total options in the poll)
Constituency Option (Individual seat option
SDP
CDU
CSU
FDP
The Greens/AA Alliance
The Left
AfA
Party-List Proportional Option (NPV option)
Obama
Rubio
Cruz
Paul
Gore and Waters
Sanders
Trump and Bachmann
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Who would you vote for? 2016 US Election with German style political parties  (Read 1064 times)
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« on: October 16, 2017, 01:52:22 PM »

At the time definitely AfA and Trump/Bachmann

Now I'd probably abstain
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 02:37:33 PM »

Well, initially I thought it would be a tough choice. And if the Greens were in their own list, it would be- Gore is awesome. But a racial party lead by Maxine Waters? Nah, thanks. And while I supported the German FDP- a Paul party?! Oh, no, no way, count me out.
Enthusiastic vote for SDP and Obama.

This. While I could support the CDU or FDP in Germany, applying these parties to American politicians actually doesn't come across too appealing for me. Its tough to see where a kind of Blue Dog-like guy me falls.

Yeah if the CDU in this scenario was lead by a Blue Dog type Democrat, or a more reasonable Republican (say Romney) rather than a Rubio-type Republican I'd vote for them.

Then for CDU and FDP in Germany, I would have been a CDU supporter until 2 years ago (but not anymore), and out of the mainstream parties the FDP currently seem to be somewhat reasonable (they would have been my second choice in the German election), but I don't like their American counterparts in this scenario.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 02:59:22 PM »

Oh, and LouisvilleThunder, I'm curious, who was chancellor before McCain?
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 05:46:58 AM »

At the time definitely AfA and Trump/Bachmann

Now I'd probably abstain

I guess if I really had to pick a second choice, it would be CSU/Rubio...but eww
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies