Congressional Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:07:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Congressional Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Congressional Discussion Thread  (Read 33733 times)
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« on: August 29, 2018, 12:59:15 PM »

Can we have a discussion about this bill?

I'm fine with certain aspects of this, but not to be a buzzkill, I think letting people register and live in the UK is silly and adds a complicated layer to the game. People living over there can run for office in Atlasia and vote for/enact policies, yet they don't have to pay our taxes and aren't affected by our laws. It's a nice idea but completely unrealistic.

I have not discussed this with the President and ultimately his view will be what I advocate for as Secretary of State, but presently I would definitely be fine with being a buzzkill on this issue too. Atlasia for Atlasians!
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 02:13:52 PM »
« Edited: July 03, 2019, 03:13:37 PM by Mr. Reactionary »

Comstock Act Repeal of 2019

To Ease Access to Birth Control Information

SECTION 1.

1. The Comstock Act of 1873 is hereby repealed. 18 U.S. Code § 1462 is hereby repealed..

SECTION 2.

1. This Act shall go into effect immediately

Freedom bill, even though most of Comstock Act already been declared unconstitutional!!!

Still not sure why we need this bill when this literal word for word proposal is on the phucking floor right now already and there is no legitimate reason for it not to be still on the floor after today unless I missed something.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 12:03:49 PM »

The None of the above act is on its way of being adopted. I hope this is not giving a tool eventually to a group of people who would want to derail an election or block someone from winning. I prefer if someone finds no good candidate to them, they write in a name, abstain or not vote than use the NOTA. People have time to declare and run camapigns weeks before the election so people on the ballot are candidate seeking the office. I don't see the point in telling them they are all not good enough.

I don't know how this could work but I had an idea. If we clutter the ballot with None of the above, maybe we could have an All of the above option. The reverse NOTA. Spreading the love like a I wish all of you could win option. Maybe every candidate is credited with +1 vote. Since every candidate gains a vote it basically nullifies the vote for the race but vote total increases. 

The thing is, "telling [candidates] they arent good enough" already happens. What else would you call it when only one candidate bothers to register in time, only to have a massive write-in campaign launched after the election starts? We had that occur several times in a row and it was making just as much of a mockery of registration deadlines as this proposal. At least with NOTA the goal is to basically extend the registration deadline rather than just ratify a refusal to register.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2022, 06:47:21 AM »

Did Congress make Juneteenth a federal holiday in game?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2023, 02:40:46 PM »

Per the Constitution:

"The Senate shall have the power, except where limited elsewhere by this Constitution,
to admit new states and territories to the Union;"

and

"New states may be admitted by the Senate into this Union, and apportioned among the several Regions as may be appropriate; but no new state shall be formed or erected within the jurisdiction of any other state; nor any state be formed by the junction of two or more states, or parts of states, without the consent of the legislatures of the Regions concerned as well as of the Senate."

Both clauses here suggest a new amendment is not required. When Labor gave 3 new States to Fremont, 1 to Lincoln, and 0 to the South in 2020, they did so by statute without an amendment. Since the South was cheated out of any new states in 2020, allowing the South to pay for the privilege of adding one is more than fair and appropriate. And geography is not a factor considering Lincoln includes the Virgin Islands.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies