Congressional Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:13:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Congressional Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Congressional Discussion Thread  (Read 33547 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: August 29, 2018, 09:16:09 AM »

Can we have a discussion about this bill?

I'm fine with certain aspects of this, but not to be a buzzkill, I think letting people register and live in the UK is silly and adds a complicated layer to the game. People living over there can run for office in Atlasia and vote for/enact policies, yet they don't have to pay our taxes and aren't affected by our laws. It's a nice idea but completely unrealistic.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 11:27:23 PM »

In speaking with the UK's prime minister today and a mutual understanding of a strong relationship between our nations moving forward, I urge a member of Congress to sponsor a bill that would repeal F.L. 2-8: Atlasian-United Kingdom Common Market Agreement.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 04:45:44 PM »

It has come to my attention by Yankee that under the current constitution, there is no course of action if a president does not sign a bill, it simply remains in limbo until a decision is made. Under the old constitution, if a president didn't sign a law for 7 or 10 days, it would go into effect without their signature. To our knowledge, there is no clause in the current constitution that states that. If I am wrong on that, someone please correct me.

I had planned to do that with the Foreign Animal Products Act; I noted my reservations publicly during the debate but also recognize that it passed unanimously. While I technically could use this loophole to keep the bill from becoming law, it is my hope that Congress looks into rectifying this. In the meantime, I will sign the bill in good faith as there has already been a delay in it's enactment and a veto override would be certain to happen.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2019, 07:03:31 PM »

Asking a member of Congress to sponsor this on behalf of the administration.

Paid Time Off Act

A Bill

To establish federal baselines for requiring businesses to provide paid time off to employees.

Be it enacted in the House of Representatives and the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia assembled,

Section 1. Definitions
1. Employers - companies that employ 50 or more employees
2. Full-time employee - employees who work a minimum of 40 hours per week.

Section 2. Paid Time Off
1. Effective January 1, 2020, employers shall be required to provide 5 paid vacation days per year to all full-time employees.
2. Effective January 1, 2022, employers shall be required to provide 10 paid vacation days per year to all full-time employees.
3. Employers are permitted and encouraged to exceed these baseline requirements.
4. Regional governments are permitted to increase these baseline requirements in their region
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 09:53:12 AM »

Comstock Act Repeal of 2019

To Ease Access to Birth Control Information

SECTION 1.

1. The Comstock Act of 1873 is hereby repealed. 18 U.S. Code § 1462 is hereby repealed..

SECTION 2.

1. This Act shall go into effect immediately

Freedom bill, even though most of Comstock Act already been declared unconstitutional!!!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2019, 04:41:17 PM »

The previous attorney general, 1184AZ, was effectively forced into resignation
Inaccurate
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2020, 11:58:15 PM »

The Senate should reject the Parking Protection Act - this is the type of issue that should be left to the regions to decide, not the federal government.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2020, 12:14:58 AM »

The Senate should reject the Parking Protection Act - this is the type of issue that should be left to the regions to decide, not the federal government.

It really needs to be up to the specific locality or metropolitan administrative division, IMO. Part of my motivation for running was to assist where this forum's demographics tend to leave blind spots. It's pretty apparent that a law such as this will cause parking lots in areas such as Downtown Los Angeles to be sold off for more profitable ventures, causing a cascade of more pressing issues. Unfortunately, this bill passed before I became a Representative, but I would also have significant concerns about unauthorized parking in reserved parking for persons with disabilities, among other problems that could be identified.
Actually I agree with you on that, I was just thinking if any level of government in Atlasia should monitor this, it would be regions instead of federal. But even more local makes the most sense, we just don't have that in the game. Hopefully we can successfully lobby Congress and/or the President to reject this.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2020, 06:01:46 PM »

How is the president able to appoint a new VP when there is no vacancy?

"to appoint, with the advice and consent of the Senate, the vice president in the event of a vacancy in that office; (Amended February 2019)"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies