Would Romney Have Been Reelected in 2016? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:03:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  Would Romney Have Been Reelected in 2016? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Would Romney Have Been Reelected in 2016?  (Read 1788 times)
PoliticalShelter
« on: October 13, 2017, 04:27:06 PM »

I personally think he would, mostly because he would be able to take credit for presiding over the recovery in the economy and would have the all powerful incumbency on his side. It also for these reasons that he is unlikely to be under serious threat of losing the republican nomination.

Also democrats are as a rule are generally not as motivated by the Supreme Court picks as republicans are.

It would interested to see what the 2016 map would look like. Personally I think you see a big swing of affluent suburbanites towards the GOP, since with lack of unified republican control and the economic recovery would prove to these voters that Romney could trusted as a sensible, moderate republican.

I would in contrast expect to see swings in Appalachia and the rust belt towards the democrats, due to the lack of any revival in coal (and unlike Trump, Romney won't bother to pretend that he is trying to bring back the coal jobs) and due to general anti establishment sentiment amongst working class voters.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies