How would you imagine YOURSELF winning the Electoral College? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:20:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How would you imagine YOURSELF winning the Electoral College? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How would you imagine YOURSELF winning the Electoral College?  (Read 6649 times)
alancia
Argentina

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.35

« on: November 19, 2018, 06:00:07 PM »
« edited: November 20, 2018, 07:27:03 AM by alancia »

Let's just say I forge some papers to 'prove' one of my parents was American and I move to the U.S; perhaps to Texas. By 2056, when I'm 55 years old, I'm established as the governor of the state as a socially conservative, Catholic Hispanic (Hey, I'm more native than Warren already) Democrat.

I jump in into the 2056 Democratic primaries, making a large play on 'minority' voters. I win the primary against challengers from Washington and Colorado.

In the General Election, I run as a soccon-fiscmod populist while using my Catholicism, and after two terms of a Republican President since 2048, the country is ready for a change. I have strong support from 'traditional' Democratic areas while boosting WWC support somewhat. I'm against the GOP VP from Vermont, who is capable enough but fails to shine in the big stage. A minor scandal breaks out when I'm accused of being Argentinean and not American, but its quickly 'covered up'.

An electoral victory in the 300's, and a 52.5-46.3 NPV win. Not bad, not bad.

Alancia (D-TX) /// VP Guy (D-NY): 300+ Electoral Votes, 52.5% PV

GOP VP (R-VT) /// VP Guy (R-ND): 100+ Electoral Votes, 46.3% PV
alancia
Argentina

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.35

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 07:37:07 AM »

Later, in 2060, my devilish plan to become U.S President gets uncovered by the press, and I lose in to the moderate Connecticut Republican. Sad. Fake News.

Atleast I got the 'foreigeners-can-be-president' amendment passed and Roe v. Wade repeal before I lost, though.

GOP Senator (R-CT) /// VP Gal (R-WY): 300+ Electoral Votes, 52.1% PV

Alancia (D-AR) /// VP Guy (D-NY): 100+ Electoral Votes: 44.9% PV
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies