Democrats election fraud in 2004 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:44:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Democrats election fraud in 2004 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrats election fraud in 2004  (Read 1937 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: August 24, 2005, 10:01:22 PM »
« edited: August 24, 2005, 10:03:43 PM by Alcon »

The Democrats paid for the recount which was performed by the state and won, so they were refunded.  In sum, the state paid.

The recount was not just King County, it was the entire state - if Pierce (Tacoma), Whatcom (Bellingham), and Snohomish (Everett) counties had not been recounted, Rossi would have won.

There is plenty of election fraud - Dems and GOP.  The Democrats control city areas, which means Dem fraud is more common.  It's still a significant minority of all party members.

I'm not sure what your point with this post is beyond "Democrats are bad"...and it's not like Republicans haven't been caught doing loathesome stuff like this, too.

I won't even touch the last one - Newsmax has distorted some stories beyond relief.  I put them in the same category as Free Republic, DailyKos, and Democratic Underground.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 11:17:31 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2005, 11:19:07 PM by Alcon »

An old man mailing his recently deceased wives ballot isn’t on the scale of what happened in Washington, that actually happens all the time Republican and Democrat. Washington was chaos but like a combat zone it was organized chaos.

That actually was what most of the dead people voting was.  Nothing appeared to be organised.  It was just a lot of incompetency, with a lot of it centered in King County (Seattle), probably because nearly a third of Washington State voters live in King County.

Not that King County's elections system isn't screwed up beyond human comprehension - but election official incompetence doesn't necessarily equate to voter fraud.  Our elections are generally fairly clean.  There's no reason to believe that there was an unusual amount of fraud relative to any other election.

No one was expecting this to be such a close election, after all - the polling didn't show that.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 11:31:12 PM »

You can't guarantee that, especially when Republicans control the voting machines and they can easily be hacked into (there is no open source code available).

If you're looking to avoid hacking, not releasing the source code is not necessarily a bad idea!  Imagine if someone found a flaw in the source code and invalidated a national election on a wide scale.  I'll trust Diebold over every person in the United States who can read the code any day.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 11:35:13 PM »

If you're looking to avoid hacking, not releasing the source code is not necessarily a bad idea!  Imagine if someone found a flaw in the source code and invalidated a national election on a wide scale.

I'd rather have a revote than a rigged system.

An allegedly rigged system.

Also, there are a few...Constitutional problems with what you suggest, no?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies