A Responsible Federalist Majority for The People!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:14:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A Responsible Federalist Majority for The People!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Responsible Federalist Majority for The People!  (Read 1037 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 02, 2017, 06:36:09 PM »
« edited: October 08, 2017, 06:23:07 PM by People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee »

Welcome, Atlasians!
Oct 2nd, 2017

Good Evening!

I come before you an Atlasia that is going through uncharted territory. We have a foriegn war against a hostile power, treason trials in our nation's capital.

It is vital therefore that the People's House actively and energetically lead on being an effective voice for the the people of Atlasia in the Halls of Government. The first step we must take is to maintain an effective and adequate administration in the House so that the people's work can be maintained. We then must make sure that our troops are supplied and have the equipment they need to complete their mission and then when the objective has been reached, get our people out of harms way as quickly as possible.

War is a costly business, in terms of lives, in terms of destruction and certainly in terms of finances. As we complete the business of the budget committee, we must make sure that we take the necessary steps to hold Atlasian government accountable and to make sure that we don't continue to spend money we don't have. We already have a deficit and that deficit will likely get worse because of the unemployment rate and now the war.

We have already taken steps in this direction, preventing the College for All Act (which came from the Senate completely unfunded), from proceeding until it has been substantially narrowed in focus (it has) and has adequate funding source (it still does not).

We need to continue to advance devolution of Education and Healthcare, and we need to give the people's representative a voice and chance to weigh in on the pressing reform issues of the day.

As Federalist House candidates, we believe in separation of powers, we believe devolving Education and Healthcare back to the regions, we believe in an independent judiciary and we believe in both fiscal responsibility and a responsible, restrained Foreign Policy.

It is thus my greatest honor and privilege to present to you the endorsed Federalist slate for House. It is a great slate of individuals and they will do a great job representing you if you elect them this October.

Our Team:
NC Yankee
Haslam2020
LouisvilleThunder
Rfayette
Pessimistic  Antineutrino
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 06:36:53 PM »
« Edited: October 16, 2017, 02:58:57 AM by People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee »

To that end a Federalist People's House Majority:

Fiscal Responsibility

- Will introduce and pass a "Paygo" amendment to the house rules to require all bills to be funded.

- We will send to the Senate, a bill requiring such bills to be funded for them to pass or reject for we can only be masters in our own house, but we can force a debate in the other chamber and we will.

- We will vote down any unfunded bill if the five us are in the majority.

-We will also take the tools we deployed in Healthcare reform, including competitive biding for supplies and negotiated prices for those items with a singular supplier to all other government agencies, including the Pentagon. War is not an excuse for over-billing and overcharging, it takes the armor off the backs of our troops and ammunition out of their magazines and food out of their mouths.

- And we will pass a  bill similar to the one on military bases, with the Game Moderator simulating the results, auditing the Pentagon and requiring thereafter annual audits of the Pentagon.

Defense and Foreign Policy

- We will adequately supply our troops.

- We will work to ensure that we complete the objectives quickly and get out as soon as possible

- We will examine the powers of the Presidency as it relates to premptive strikes relative to the clear and present danger, including requiring consultation with the Secretary or State and/or NSC before launching such attacks.

Federalism

- On healthcare we will work to enable regional level advances and pass legislating supporting their efforts as well as to advance with reforms in medical records, health care delivery, torts and cost of tuition for those entering the medical profession. Only through such partnerships between us and the Regional governments, will we not only advance our federalist principles, but we will also thereby bring down the cost of the Healthcare subsidy without leaving people to die in the streets.

- On Education we will work to continuing scaling down the role of the Federal Government in Education and prompting and supporting the engagement of the Regions on these issues, this will also advance our federalist principles and work to strengthen both the regional level engagement and also improve our schools, which is vital to our economy and competitiveness, our national defense and the ability of our people to get ahead.

Reform
- We will bring to a vote in the House the failed Senate Judiciary Amendment so the People's Representatives can have a say in the Independence of the Judiciary from Partisan influences

- While committed to preserving Semi-Parliamentarianism for the SoIA And SoS, we think we should have a debate and vote on the ability of the Attorney General to serve in other offices, that could pose a conflict of interest as well as debate the benefits and downsides of other examples of dual office-holding.

- We will bring to a vote in the House a Constitutional amendment reducing the size of the House of Representatives

- We will bring to a vote in the House a Constitutional amendment capping the size of Regional legislatures relative to the number of active voters in set number of elections

Protecting the Unborn
- We will vote down any amendment or bill that restricts the ability of the Regions to regulate and ban late-term abortion.

- We will work to advance policies that reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies, including working with the Regions in Federal-Regional Partnerships, even as a part of the healthcare debates as well as other areas to advance this objective.

As a Note, a simple majority in the House cannot alone pass any Amendment, even in just the House. Only with the engagement and the leadership of the people will any reform effort obtain the support of the 2/3rds of Both chambers and ratification in the regions.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 06:41:03 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2017, 11:32:27 PM by People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee »

Banners for the whole Slate!!!

These were done by Fhtagn for the first three and Encke for the last one.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 12:54:56 AM »

Atlasian's

The election has commenced. I encourage all voters to get out and preference the Federalist ticket highly. We have a strong slate of candidates, with vast and diverse experiences and our House slate represent the breadth and width of both the Federalist Party and Atlasian Conservatism in general.

Only our slate has a bold list of proposals to reign in unfunded programs and bring reform Amendments to the floor and to a vote. If elected, we will be fair and we will be even handed, and we will be responsible! Even as we fight for our principles and convictions on "federalist" and "market" solutions to various issues.

Thanks and we look forward to earning your vote this weekend!

Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 07:29:50 PM »

And the Best Banner prize goes to...

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 07:36:03 PM »

That was Encke doing the artwork, but my conceptualization if that makes sense based off Mr. R's signature image.
Fmr. Representative Encke
Encke
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2017, 07:36:35 PM »

It took a long time to get the perfect shade of orange.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 02:22:41 AM »

Gentleman, we are Federalists

And we, and we, (sneezes).

Anyway, I just want to say thanks to all those who voted in this election, and make note of the fact that 70 people first preferenced a Federalist for People's House of Representatives. We are honored by the support and dedicated to advancing the above agenda that we campaigned on. We will insist all programs be funded, we will reform the way our gov't contracts and acquires supplies/materials, we will work to push regional activism on healthcare and education, and we will bring several reform discussions to the floor and allow for open debate (and we encourage non members to participate in them). Above all we will be responsible and we will serve the People!

Thank You and Dave Bless!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2017, 03:23:41 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2017, 06:43:15 PM »

I'll try not to take that personally. Wink
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2017, 07:22:06 PM »

What is the reason behind this?  As a proponent of region's rights this proposal seems to run counter to that, and in the past you've said that regions should be allowed to adopt direct democracy if they wish.  (If I'm understanding this proposal correctly.)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2017, 07:56:33 PM »

What is the reason behind this?  As a proponent of region's rights this proposal seems to run counter to that, and in the past you've said that regions should be allowed to adopt direct democracy if they wish.  (If I'm understanding this proposal correctly.)
This idea has been raised before, most recently at the Constitutional Convention, when it was voted down over the objections of then-President Griffin, myself, and others. Since then, all three regions have adopted activity indexes to regulate the size of their legislatures based on the number of candidates for election, which I would contend is a far better measure than the vague and potentially misleading term "active voters" (as turnout does not necessarily indicate interest in public service).
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2017, 10:21:11 PM »
« Edited: November 26, 2017, 10:30:21 PM by People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee »

I appreciate the level of attention this is now receiving, after the elections. Tongue Though understandably, both Truman and Scott were rather occupied at the time.

I'll try not to take that personally. Wink

And you shouldn't take it personally. But in the all the belly aching about you being in Congress at the same time as being a Prime Minister, I saw it as far more potential conflicts regarding you being AG while also holding those other offices. There have been cases of lawsuits concerning actions of congress, where the AG was defendant (I brought one of them) and the vast multitude of cases between the Regions and a Federal Gov't are also of note. From at the very least a game standpoint, it is problematic to have dual office-holding in this case, and then the potential for future conflicts of interest.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2017, 10:29:59 PM »

This idea has been raised before, most recently at the Constitutional Convention, when it was voted down over the objections of then-President Griffin, myself, and others. Since then, all three regions have adopted activity indexes to regulate the size of their legislatures based on the number of candidates for election, which I would contend is a far better measure than the vague and potentially misleading term "active voters" (as turnout does not necessarily indicate interest in public service).

Yes that is true, but one region in particular set their index a little too high and found itself having difficulty sustaining it. Let us keep in mind there is a reason I promised a debate and a vote, but didn't guarantee passage here. First off, it is difficult to pass controversial changes. Second of all though in the course of the debate you realize maybe there is a better standard, or maybe in fact is not appropriate for Congress to amend the constitution in such manner. Perhaps a mere Joint Resolution or resolution of the House even stating the opinion of the people's representatives that Regions should be conservative in setting the size of their legislatures.

Now I had problems with the Regions being as restrained as the text Adam proposed in the Con-Con, as it prevented any change without the approval of the government. But I am open to the fact that perhaps and upper limit might be in order, or at least the merits and cons hashed out in a debate.

I am a proponent of regional rights. I want regions to have greater influence and primary responsibility for education and healthcare (and most of my legislative priorities have pushed in that direction), but I have never been a zealot.  Even back in the days of the RPP when some proposed an all Regional Senate (with no people's representatives), I opposed such extremism as being undemocratic. I have also opposed every attempt at secession from both the left and the right, over the course of the last eight years. As a federalist, I want a functional balance between regions and the federal government and thus I am open to reforms that strength that relationship, yes empower the regions, but also make sure that the system as a whole works. 

Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2017, 12:28:15 AM »

Great! Hoping to completely join once rl things are already well Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2017, 01:20:08 AM »

We passed Paygo by the way.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2017, 04:31:13 AM »

As you have seen the light and expelled Oakvale, you will find a federalist candidate in my first, third, and fourth preferences.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies