Office of Lincoln Senator Scott (Pre-election Statement)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:33:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Lincoln Senator Scott (Pre-election Statement)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Office of Lincoln Senator Scott (Pre-election Statement)  (Read 5482 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2017, 04:00:03 PM »
« edited: October 23, 2017, 04:10:16 PM by Senator Scott, PPT🍂 »

Statement

I offer my sincere congratulations to President fhtagn and Vice President PiT, as well as other victors of this weekend's elections - particularly Siren for her landslide victory in Fremont.  The Senate race in Lincoln, needless to say, produced an outcome almost no one would have predicted.  Now we wait upon the Lieutenant Governor to make his verdict on Senator D2's contested ballot.

I also want to thank Harry Truman for selecting me as his running mate; he is a great statesman and always has been in this game, in every office he's held.  I am proud of the positive and clean campaign we ran this season.

I have an important announcement to make: after much contemplation, I will not be running for PPT in the next session of Congress.  This will also be my final term as Lincoln's senator.  After a year and a half's time of service, our region deserves to be represented by a face fresh in the Atlasian Senate.  In the meantime, I promise to continue representing my constituents and working to solve problems for the Atlasian people through smart policies.

I want to thank the people of Lincoln for giving me this tremendous opportunity to serve and their steadfast confidence in me in the four terms I have served.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you.
JGibson
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2017, 04:05:03 PM »

Scott, your presence will be missed when your current term is up in the Atlasian Senate and for the Labor Party in general.

- Congressman JGibson (Lab-IL)
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2017, 04:33:17 PM »

Scott! You founded my first ever party! Light Party buddies forever. You've truly been one of the best statesmen and people that Atlasia has ever seen. You have a great heart and you follow it to do what's best. You've always avoided the name-calling and petty backstabbing that goes on. It's been an honor to share the Senate chamber with you. I'm looking forward to finishing out the term with you!
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2017, 04:42:48 PM »

Purple heart
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2017, 06:01:01 PM »

Thank you for your service to this nation. The people of Atlasia are better off because of your career in the Senate. You would have had my vote in December. Best of luck in the next chapter of your life.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2017, 06:37:58 PM »

Scott! You founded my first ever party! Light Party buddies forever. You've truly been one of the best statesmen and people that Atlasia has ever seen. You have a great heart and you follow it to do what's best. You've always avoided the name-calling and petty backstabbing that goes on. It's been an honor to share the Senate chamber with you. I'm looking forward to finishing out the term with you!

Aww, thank you so much Siren! Purple heart  I've enjoyed serving with you, too.  And the Light Party remains a fond memory for me even if it didn't take off as much as I hoped it would. Smiley

Scott, your presence will be missed when your current term is up in the Atlasian Senate and for the Labor Party in general.

- Congressman JGibson (Lab-IL)
Thank you for your service to this nation. The people of Atlasia are better off because of your career in the Senate. You would have had my vote in December. Best of luck in the next chapter of your life.

thanks for the luv guys
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2017, 03:52:37 PM »
« Edited: December 07, 2017, 05:11:34 PM by Senator Scott🎄 »

Friends, comrades, compatriots --

Soon, after sixteen months in the Atlasian Senate, my tenure will come to an end.  At the beginning of next session, Lincoln will be represented by two new senators: cynic, and the person whom I will be succeeded by after this weekend's election.

This weekend, I hope my fellow Lincolnians elect Congressman JGibson as their new senator, someone who will continue to be a progressive voice for Lincoln in the Senate.

During my year and a half's time of service I've had the opportunity to work with some of Atlasia's best, people from the left and right, to create policies that put the working men and women of Atlasia first.  We've expanded volunteer opportunities for our youth, we've passed legislation to promote environmental protection and put our nation on the path to achieving fully renewable energy, and we've reformed healthcare at an unprecedented level, so that all people may have access to quality care regardless of their zipcode.  We have come closer than ever to recognizing healthcare as a universal right, and in doing so we have enabled each region to develop policies best tailored to the needs of their people.

Unfortunately, Atlasia is once again facing a great activity crisis, and coupled with that, what looks to be a return to the politics of cliques and personality cults.  To that I can only say I hope Atlasia rejects this unnecessary and petty divisiveness for the benefit of the game.  Currently only nine people have declared in the election for the nine-member House.  Clearly, civic engagement has waned and it is my hope that during the next Congress, our leaders take the necessary steps to boost competition in our elections, as well as finish the business we were unable to complete this session - namely the budget and our Foreign Relations Review.

With all that said, I will be taking a break from the game in any official capacity indefinitely but I will of course remain involved as we all see what next year has in store.

Thank you all, and Dave bless our great Republic.

That's a wrap.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2017, 01:39:05 PM »

I'm still hopeful we can get the FRR done soon. I've been working my butt off behind the scenes to make it happen. Tongue
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2017, 02:19:57 PM »

Retire to the South!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2017, 02:31:26 PM »

Maybe if Doug Jones wins next week, we'll see. Grin

*I'll probably be staying in Lincoln because it needs peeps.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies