Active Shooter Situation at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 03:27:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Active Shooter Situation at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10
Author Topic: Active Shooter Situation at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas  (Read 10883 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: October 03, 2017, 05:08:29 AM »

There's a lot of possible evidence seemingly pointing to it being a left-winger. His attack on a country music festival, ISIS claiming responsibility, the ANTIFA literature in his room. Nothing's been confirmed yet but nothing discredited either.

ISIS and Anti-Fa! Working together!

Sounds totally plausible and not at all like you are on f**king meth.

TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #201 on: October 03, 2017, 06:12:27 AM »

What type of gun was used?
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #202 on: October 03, 2017, 07:22:21 AM »
« Edited: October 03, 2017, 07:46:03 AM by Senator Scott, PPT🍂 »

Expect to start hearing about stuff like this if they can't find a motive.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #203 on: October 03, 2017, 07:56:28 AM »

Okay that is actually pretty creepy
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #204 on: October 03, 2017, 08:03:05 AM »

So basically it's a conservative false flag plot to blame ISIS and Democrats? Sounds reasonable.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #205 on: October 03, 2017, 08:05:30 AM »

So basically it's a conservative false flag plot to blame ISIS and Democrats? Sounds reasonable.
I mean, someone said it was gonna happen weeks in advance. That easily raises my eyebrows.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #206 on: October 03, 2017, 08:18:56 AM »

I mean, someone said it was gonna happen weeks in advance. That easily raises my eyebrows.

Please don't stoop to the conspiracy theorist levels. Those posts are generalized threats of "something" happening in Las Vegas "tomorrow." Note the date they were posted: September 10th. Remember which day comes after September 10th? The trolls and conspiracy theorists are out in force every year.

Moreover, warning people to stay inside on September 11th for something that would actually take place on October 1st is completely useless.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #207 on: October 03, 2017, 08:35:58 AM »

While I am highly skeptical of that post/conspiracy theories about the event, I AM nervous that instead of dealing with the real problem, we're now going to go for almost TSA levels of security at hotels. It's already being talked about and it's ridiculous.

I heard an interview yesterday with Obama's head of Homeland Security, and she was talking about how people should have been suspicious/seen all the guns and told someone. That's just so ridiculous. Dude likely had the guns in luggage that didn't look like it was holding weapons, and most likely kept them hidden until he set up. Housekeeping at a place like that would have it drilled into their heads not to snoop. No one's going to be suspicious of a large amount of luggage: some people take 209348 pairs of shoes with them to Vegas. Or whatever. And even if someone saw/realized it was weapons, they're not going to report it. They'd most likely get fired for that, because it would still be considered snooping and/or snitching.

So, yeah, metal detectors at hotels is where we're apparently going this time to avoid talking about guns. Which is ridiculous. Most people don't care about hunting rifles and shotguns. We do care about assault rifles and semi-automatic weapons. Let's get rid of those.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #208 on: October 03, 2017, 08:52:42 AM »

While I am highly skeptical of that post/conspiracy theories about the event, I AM nervous that instead of dealing with the real problem, we're now going to go for almost TSA levels of security at hotels. It's already being talked about and it's ridiculous.

I heard an interview yesterday with Obama's head of Homeland Security, and she was talking about how people should have been suspicious/seen all the guns and told someone. That's just so ridiculous. Dude likely had the guns in luggage that didn't look like it was holding weapons, and most likely kept them hidden until he set up. Housekeeping at a place like that would have it drilled into their heads not to snoop. No one's going to be suspicious of a large amount of luggage: some people take 209348 pairs of shoes with them to Vegas. Or whatever. And even if someone saw/realized it was weapons, they're not going to report it. They'd most likely get fired for that, because it would still be considered snooping and/or snitching.

So, yeah, metal detectors at hotels is where we're apparently going this time to avoid talking about guns. Which is ridiculous. Most people don't care about hunting rifles and shotguns. We do care about assault rifles and semi-automatic weapons. Let's get rid of those.

Ugh, I hope to God none of that comes to pass.  Before the ISIS ties were debunked, a user on AAD said that a terrorist connection like that is just the excuse Trump would need to go full-fash.  But someday there could very well be another 9/11-style terrorist attack in the country, and if you think civil liberties are under attack now, just wait for Patriot Act 2.

I don't think most small hotels or chains would install metal detectors, but I could see larger ones like Mandalay Bay considering that.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #209 on: October 03, 2017, 10:37:03 AM »

You either need to spend more or less time on 4chan if you fall for the "WOAH SOMEONE TOTALLY VAGUELY PREDICTED THIS" thing
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #210 on: October 03, 2017, 10:47:12 AM »

Bump stocks were reportedly in his room, and the gun shop that sold him weapons says they don't carry anything fully automatic, so some sort of semi-auto.

Bump stocks and silencers should absolutely be banned btw.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #211 on: October 03, 2017, 12:42:30 PM »

CNN is reporting the gunman wired 100,000$ to someone in the Philippines before the shooting
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #212 on: October 03, 2017, 01:00:56 PM »

CNN is reporting the gunman wired 100,000$ to someone in the Philippines before the shooting

His girlfriend was there at the time.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #213 on: October 03, 2017, 01:53:18 PM »

Highly unlikely.  We didn't see metal detectors on college campuses after Virginia Tech or at nightclubs after Pulse, I don't see why this event would be any different. 

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #214 on: October 03, 2017, 11:49:36 PM »

There's a lot of possible evidence seemingly pointing to it being a left-winger. His attack on a country music festival, ISIS claiming responsibility, the ANTIFA literature in his room. Nothing's been confirmed yet but nothing discredited either.

What the hell do ISIS and Antifa have in common, and how is ISIS any way left wing?
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #215 on: October 04, 2017, 05:24:34 AM »

What the hell do ISIS and Antifa have in common, and how is ISIS any way left wing?

Obviously, Antifa and ISIS are united in their opposition to American imperial hegemony. Duh.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #216 on: October 04, 2017, 07:27:36 AM »

It is the Las Vegas MPD's first and foremost duty to detemine the assailant's political affiliations as quickly as possible so that we know which is "side" is to blame here. And some side surely must be blamed here.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #217 on: October 04, 2017, 07:59:22 AM »

It is the Las Vegas MPD's first and foremost duty to detemine the assailant's political affiliations as quickly as possible so that we know which is "side" is to blame here. And some side surely must be blamed here.

My money is on him being a Vermin Supreme/Deez Nuts primary voter.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #218 on: October 04, 2017, 12:40:57 PM »

Thune says the Senate might take a look into bump stock restrictions. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/john-thune-says-i-think-well-take-a-look-at-bump-stock-device-restrictions/

Meanwhile, the typical same-old, same-old responses:

"We can have that discussion at another time," said Sen. Thom Tillis, R-North Carolina. "But it's a typical political tactic by some on the left."

Sen. John Kennedy, R-Louisiana, said "I do not think that the United States Congress can legislate away evil."
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #219 on: October 05, 2017, 12:15:58 PM »

Thune says the Senate might take a look into bump stock restrictions. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/john-thune-says-i-think-well-take-a-look-at-bump-stock-device-restrictions/

Meanwhile, the typical same-old, same-old responses:

"We can have that discussion at another time," said Sen. Thom Tillis, R-North Carolina. "But it's a typical political tactic by some on the left."

Sen. John Kennedy, R-Louisiana, said "I do not think that the United States Congress can legislate away evil."

To be honest, bump stock restrictions is exactly what should be talked about since that seems to be what allowed such a large death toll in this shooting. If they're actually willing to pass that, that would be more than I was expecting out of them.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #220 on: October 05, 2017, 12:17:46 PM »

Paul Ryan and John Cornyn have both openly and plainly said that bump stocks need to be looked at. Hugh Hewitt predicts they will be banned before the end of the year.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #221 on: October 05, 2017, 01:37:15 PM »

Paul Ryan and John Cornyn have both openly and plainly said that bump stocks need to be looked at. Hugh Hewitt predicts they will be banned before the end of the year.

The Press Secretary says the White House is open to this discussion.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #222 on: October 05, 2017, 01:58:25 PM »

NRA comes out in support of regulation of bump stocks.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/top-house-republicans-open-to-legislation-regulating-bump-stocks/2017/10/05/4580cb54-a9dc-11e7-b3aa-c0e2e1d41e38_story.html?pushid=59d67fd7fc9a231d00000004&tid=notifi_push_breaking-news&utm_term=.fd1d69c7c0ea
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #223 on: October 05, 2017, 04:30:47 PM »

There's no legitimate second amendment defense in regards to bump stocks. They're an accessory, not the actual weapon itself.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #224 on: October 05, 2017, 04:59:25 PM »

Jesus Christ, can it be? Does the broken clock actually still have hands with which to be right?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies