Doug Jones Internal: Moore +4
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:38:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  Doug Jones Internal: Moore +4
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Doug Jones Internal: Moore +4  (Read 4717 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2017, 10:58:35 PM »

It's not wholly impossible for Jones to pull a Scott Brown. After all, Massachusetts is more Democrat than Alabama is Republican.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2017, 11:36:50 PM »

It's not wholly impossible for Jones to pull a Scott Brown. After all, Massachusetts is more Democrat than Alabama is Republican.

Not true as of 2016. Clinton won 60.01% of the vote in Massachusetts, while Trump won 62.08% of the vote in Alabama. Alabama looks more competitive because the democratic vote is concentrated in the belt and in Jefferson County, so the republicans can't get a county shut-out in AL like dems can in in MA. But still, Trump did better in AL than Clinton did in MA.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2017, 11:58:39 PM »

Unless Jones is ahead by more than 10 in the polls just before Election Day he's not winning. It's Alabama, all these 'undecided' voters will come home in the end

This. Brown was leading Chokely in the weeks leading up to the election. Being down 4/5 isn't good enough for a win.

Brown led her at the end, not months before the election(he was behind by double digits). Jones has plenty of time to catch up.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2017, 12:27:19 AM »
« Edited: October 02, 2017, 12:57:05 AM by Adam T »

As has been pointed out by others
1.Roy Moore only received about 52% of the vote in the general election for the Alabama Chief Justice Position.

2.This poll is consistent with the poll that gave more a 45-40% lead.

I think what is going on is the 15% or so are pretty much entirely Republicans many of whom did not vote for him for the State Supreme Court, and those who did but weren't happy with him because he kept getting impeached.

I think they are deciding whether they have a problem with Moore being 1 out of 100 U.S Senators as opposed to when they had to vote for him  as the twice impeached State Supreme Court Justice back to the State Supreme Court (or once impeached), or if they're worried if he'll embarrass Alabama.  

Based on this, I wouldn't be surprised if Moore's and the Republican Party strategy here will be to make Doug Jones even more controversial than Roy Moore is.
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2017, 02:55:44 PM »

Jones should of just said as little about abortion as possible. Hell Bobby Bright or even Parker Griffith would probably be tied with Moore right now.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2017, 02:59:38 PM »

The ones.that he released...

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2017, 09:45:02 PM »

Why are we pretending that Alabama has similar dynamics to Massachusetts and Illinois? I don't see the logic.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2017, 01:39:34 PM »

Why are we pretending that Alabama has similar dynamics to Massachusetts and Illinois? I don't see the logic.

Either way, I'm sure someone will find an excuse to blame the DNC (unless Jones somehow wins, in which case the DNC had nothing to do with this race).
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2017, 02:14:09 PM »

Jones should of just said as little about abortion as possible. Hell Bobby Bright or even Parker Griffith would probably be tied with Moore right now.
Right. Democrats should have nominated a conservative in order to have a chance to defeat Moore. This poll only includes Moore and Jones. A poll with Mack McBride (I) and Ron Bishop (L) would be more accurate. I can see McBride and Bishop siphoning votes from Jones.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2017, 02:15:44 PM »

Either way, I'm sure someone will find an excuse to blame the DNC (unless Jones somehow wins, in which case the DNC had nothing to do with this race).

If Jones wins, I at least will compliment the DNC.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies