The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 04:45:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 80
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 2  (Read 220254 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: December 27, 2017, 10:05:48 AM »

Politico talks about how Steyer could use his impeachment campaign as a vehicle for a presidential run:

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/27/trump-impeachment-digital-army-steyer-316702

You must be logged in to read this quote.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #451 on: December 27, 2017, 11:50:13 AM »

Dr? More like mad doctor.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #452 on: December 27, 2017, 01:53:32 PM »

Hey Mr. Morden, would you mind doing another prediction thing where you give a chance that each person runs? I haven't seen one of those in awhile and you're keeping up the most of anyone that I've seen.

OK, here you go:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=275378.msg5977454#msg5977454
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #453 on: December 27, 2017, 02:54:27 PM »

Hillary is going to run:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/27/dems-flip-out-over-vanity-fair-video-mocking-hillary-clinton/

One of the protesters claimed Hillary was lone of themost accomplished women in the history of the United States.”  Good grief.  I was going to say something really nasty about her supporters.  But I thought better of it.

I guess if Nixon could do it, so can she.  Nixon got it in part by building by up ious by supporting candidates for the Senate and the House in 1964, 1965, and 1966.  He put on lots of miles.

Do the good Democrats posting here want Hillary doing that for your candidates in 2018? Just wondering.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #454 on: December 27, 2017, 05:25:58 PM »

No she is not. She has said as much and donors are already looking in other directions at this point. The woman is done. Though I know you'd like her to be running because she is the reddest of the red meat for the Republican base.

This statement is factual. Your personal hate/dislike of her will not negate this.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #455 on: December 27, 2017, 09:13:33 PM »

No she is not. She has said as much and donors are already looking in other directions at this point. The woman is done. Though I know you'd like her to be running because she is the reddest of the red meat for the Republican base.

This statement is factual. Your personal hate/dislike of her will not negate this.
I will not believe yet she is not running.  I remember “‘Tricky Dick’”. Saying the press would not have him
to kick him around anymore.  She is every bit as tricky.

Hillary always gained her importance by her connections to Bill.  If she had been on her own. She would never have gained any any recognition.  She certainly would not been elected a Senator from New York or never been a candidate for President.
tosk

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -2.96

« Reply #456 on: December 27, 2017, 09:45:29 PM »

I will not believe yet she is not running.  I remember “‘Tricky Dick’”. Saying the press would not have him

Hillary always gained her importance by her connections to Bill.  If she had been on her own. She would never have gained any any recognition.  She certainly would not been elected a Senator from New York or never been a candidate for President.

I disagree. She wouldn't have had the same pull certainly, having a politician has a spouse helps your political moves especially when they're president ESPECIALLY when it's Bill Clinton. Hillary IMO would've been able to become prominent without Bill.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #457 on: December 27, 2017, 10:11:13 PM »

Richard Nixon did not lose to a reality television star in a race that he was deemed as having in the bag. He lost to a charismatic, younger candidate, and quite frankly the legitimacy of the loss was questionable. He also wasn't 70+ years old and a polarizing figure among the electorate.

Despite how you think she got there, she WAS elected Senator, she WAS chosen to be Secretary of State, and she WAS the first woman with a legitimate chance at becoming president. It is what it is.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #458 on: December 27, 2017, 11:37:21 PM »
« Edited: December 27, 2017, 11:40:54 PM by Arkansas Yankee »

I will not believe yet she is not running.  I remember “‘Tricky Dick’”. Saying the press would not have him
to kick him around anymore.  She is every bit as tricky.

Hillary always gained her importance by her connections to Bill.  If she had been on her own. She would never have gained any any recognition.  She certainly would not been elected a Senator from New York or never been a candidate for President.

I disagree. She wouldn't have had the same pull certainly, having a politician has a spouse helps your political moves especially when they're president ESPECIALLY when it's Bill Clinton. Hillary IMO would've been able to become prominent without Bill.

Well not in Arkansas.  She was a reason Bill lost re-election as Governor In 1980.  If you knew what she looked like you would be rattled.  She would never have seen the light of day in Illinois or New York in her own stead.  There would have been too many other politiiians to contest with her.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #459 on: December 27, 2017, 11:43:25 PM »

Richard Nixon did not lose to a reality television star in a race that he was deemed as having in the bag. He lost to a charismatic, younger candidate, and quite frankly the legitimacy of the loss was questionable. He also wasn't 70+ years old and a polarizing figure among the electorate.

Despite how you think she got there, she WAS elected Senator, she WAS chosen to be Secretary of State, and she WAS the first woman with a legitimate chance at becoming president. It is what it is.

NonE of have answered the questions.  Will she run?  Do you want her campaign for you in 2018?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #460 on: December 28, 2017, 10:16:39 AM »

Bernie Sanders will swear de Blasio in for his second term as mayor:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/27/politics/sanders-swears-in-de-blasio/index.html

Meanwhile, in Garcetti-land:

http://www.scpr.org/news/2017/12/28/79094/3-new-signs-eric-garcetti-might-be-aiming-for-the/

NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #461 on: December 28, 2017, 03:56:47 PM »

Former DNC chair candidate, and South Bend, Indiana mayor Pete Buttigieg announced he was engaged today, further becoming one of the biggest names in the LGBT community as 2020 approaches.

Indiana, LGBT, appeals to the white working class - could be a great candidate for the Democrats.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #462 on: December 28, 2017, 06:22:00 PM »

Mark Cuban defeated Donald Trump in a Texas poll:

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/366715-poll-mark-cuban-leads-trump-in-deep-red-texas-in-2020?
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #463 on: December 28, 2017, 08:10:01 PM »

He probably wouldn't run as a Democrat, but this shows he could get a lot of support running third party in Texas.
Harlow

« Reply #464 on: December 28, 2017, 09:32:10 PM »

He probably wouldn't run as a Democrat, but this shows he could get a lot of support running third party in Texas.

Not necessarily. The poll was essentially set up as "Trump v. The Democrat which happens to be Mark Cuban." I assume that most of the people who answered Cuban in this poll would vote for the Democrat in any scenario just to counter Trump. The only way to have a better idea of how he'd do in a three-way race is to poll exactly that.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #465 on: December 28, 2017, 11:41:46 PM »

Not necessarily. The poll was essentially set up as "Trump v. The Democrat which happens to be Mark Cuban." I assume that most of the people who answered Cuban in this poll would vote for the Democrat in any scenario just to counter Trump. The only way to have a better idea of how he'd do in a three-way race is to poll exactly that.

Probably. I guess I was just thinking that being able to beat Trump by 3 points as a Democrat means he would have a large following, but you are right that a poll showing a three-way race is better.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #466 on: December 29, 2017, 08:43:39 AM »

As I look over the posts on this thread, I notice how weak the Democrat stable is. When was the last House member elected President?

Would Cuban not pull your party further right than most of you want?

Why is Senator Warner not on any of the listS?

What happened to Senator Brown?

DO YOU WANT HILLARY TO CAMPAIGN FOR YOUR CANDIDATES IN 2016?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #467 on: December 29, 2017, 09:16:06 AM »

Brown and Warner aren't really doing anything to indicate interest.  In fact, Warner gave a Shermanesque denial, though he subsequently (sort of) walked it back.  This thread is for people to post news about the different hints that the candidates are posting that indicate they're interested in running.  So if a potential candidate isn't dropping hints, then he's not going to be talked about.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #468 on: December 29, 2017, 09:16:08 AM »

SHE DID
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #469 on: December 29, 2017, 09:29:43 AM »

Former DNC chair candidate, and South Bend, Indiana mayor Pete Buttigieg announced he was engaged today, further becoming one of the biggest names in the LGBT community as 2020 approaches.

Indiana, LGBT, appeals to the white working class - could be a great candidate for the Democrats.

.... No???
History505
« Reply #470 on: December 29, 2017, 09:52:43 AM »

As I look over the posts on this thread, I notice how weak the Democrat stable is. When was the last House member elected President?

Might want to check the calendar again, 2016 passed already lol.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #471 on: December 29, 2017, 06:48:58 PM »

In what world is he one of the biggest names in the LGBT community?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #472 on: December 29, 2017, 06:50:00 PM »

A world that consists just of this forum.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #473 on: December 30, 2017, 12:21:46 AM »

Might want to check the calendar again, 2016 passed already lol.

I meant 2018.  You knew that!
Spiffy
United States

« Reply #474 on: December 30, 2017, 12:00:52 PM »

He’s all we talk about on Grindr.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies