Joint Space Mission Bill

(1/5) > >>

Emsworth:
Joint Space Mission Bill

1.  The Republic of Atlasia authorizes the president to appoint dipolmats to the European Union, the Russian Federation, and the People's Republic of China to discuss the possibility of a new joint space program for the purpose of returning to the moon and building a lunar base.

2.  The President is authorized to appoint and send ambassadors to other countries interested in being a part of the space program of clause 1 at his discretion.

Sponsor: Sen. Harry

Emsworth:
This bill is certainly a good idea generally, but not at this particular time. I have one reason: the deficit.

I urge the Senator to withdraw it, as well as the next bill (the Space Elevator Bill), in the interest of fiscal responsibility.

True Democrat:
I don't think this bill really does anything.  It says it authorizes the President to appoint diplomats, which already exist.  Also, there is already international cooperation for space travel.

Sam Spade:
Quote from: Senator True Independent on August 23, 2005, 02:25:38 PM

I don't think this bill really does anything.  It says it authorizes the President to appoint diplomats, which already exist.  Also, there is already international cooperation for space travel.

Agreed.

True Democrat:
Quote from: Senator Sam Spade on August 23, 2005, 04:05:54 PM

Quote from: Senator True Independent on August 23, 2005, 02:25:38 PM

Agreed.

The President could pursue space travel at any time, as he already has the power defined in this bill.  This is obviously just Harry trying to get his agenda for his campaign into action.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page